Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need help connecting OEM door lock switch to aftermarket actuators

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help connecting OEM door lock switch to aftermarket actuators

I am doing a power door conversion but have already aftermarket door lock actuators. I just want to keep those in the car.

I was wondering if I can use the OEM door lock switch and connect it to my lock actuators so that I can control them with the switch? I have included a diagram of how I plan to connect everything. If you could provide me some help and let me know if this will work that would be great. Thanks.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need help connecting OEM door lock switch to aftermarket actuators (JaySauce)

Im not sure that youre oem control box and aftermarket control box are going to jive. Chances are youll fry one or both of them cause they wont always be expecting current at the same time. If I knew the exact internals of the oem box I could know for sure but I just dont know.
did the aftermarket stuff come with installation instructions?

chances are the 2 leads that come from the aftermarket remote receiver will connect to the same leads as the power lock switch, then use oem door harnesses and wiring and splice them into the aftermarket actuators. that way you only have one control box. but I dont know what all the wires do exactly on the aftermarket stuff.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Need help connecting OEM door lock switch to aftermarket actuators (monicle)

yea but i can only give you a link. hope it works. thanks.

http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/THG/f...A2000_4000.pdf

Modified by JaySauce at 8:37 PM 2/27/2007
Old 02-27-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Need help connecting OEM door lock switch to aftermarket actuators (JaySauce)

OK.... will this work instead. I routed the wires from the switch to the YEL/RED and WHT/RED so that I don't have to run extra wires through the door jam.

The main question I have is will the ground be ok connected the way it is in the diagram or will I have to connect the black wire from the switch directly to the ground at the remote control receiver?

Old 02-27-2007, 08:59 PM

bump
Old 02-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like you have a good idea, but I just wouldn't know how the either boxes would handle incoming power from honda's lock box when it's not exspecting it. Most likely nothing will happen because both boxes are like switches and when it's not sending it's not sending a (+) current it's probably open as if it were an end of a wire. But I really don't know exactly how the two boxes work so it's iffy.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JaySauce &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK.... will this work instead. I routed the wires from the switch to the YEL/RED and WHT/RED so that I don't have to run extra wires through the door jam.

The main question I have is will the ground be ok connected the way it is in the diagram or will I have to connect the black wire from the switch directly to the ground at the remote control receiver?

</TD></TR></TABLE>
yes Im quite sure that that is going to work for you.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Need help connecting OEM door lock switch to aftermarket actuators (monicle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JaySauce &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OK.... will this work instead. I routed the wires from the switch to the YEL/RED and WHT/RED so that I don't have to run extra wires through the door jam.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Just to let everyone know... this setup works. Thanks for the help.