Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need Help!! on Civic Top out Speed!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Budget Racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Budget Racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What a great debate.

Of course tires should be good and upgraded. Point taken.

I don't defy being safe and can respect peoples opinions on speed to a point, but common a lil bit of spirited driving is fun, and can be safe, just use good judgement.

Also we should have more race tracks around, that are also open on Friday, Satarday, ans Sunday's. This would give the people that love going fast their speed fix.

It's a rush that's hard to kick. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know man that would be so sick.... the two closest tracks to me are 1h 45mins away and they are both in opposite directions....
Old 01-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in addition to lowering the car, get a nice thick sway bar. just make sure your car can handle the speed. if you're going to do 100 the only people going to stop you are the cops, which trust me, they will, but make sure you do it as safely as possible, even if you are doing it in a place the endangers everyone else, think about if you hurt yourself, not that i care about you, but i'm sure your family does, just think through the consequesnces and everything you can do to avoid them.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (austinkli)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by austinkli &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in addition to lowering the car, get a nice thick sway bar. just make sure your car can handle the speed. if you're going to do 100 the only people going to stop you are the cops, which trust me, they will, but make sure you do it as safely as possible, even if you are doing it in a place the endangers everyone else, think about if you hurt yourself, not that i care about you, but i'm sure your family does, just think through the consequesnces and everything you can do to avoid them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why would you need a thick swaybar?

I never knew you could get body roll by driving in a straight line
Old 01-04-2008, 01:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heh...

well i own a 99 civic ex coupe with an auto tranny

i live in a dorm room down here in albuquerque and work up in santa fe (which is about 60 miles away and i topped out my car everyday that i had to work which was about 5 days a week..

but my car governs at 120mph....

100mph doesn't really feel that fast anymore...

oh well, if you feel in full control of your car at that speed you should be ok i guess...i dont know

but all i know is that when i would do 120 on I-25 back down to albuquerque i never lost control or wrecked or got a ticket (and i dont have a radar detector)

my .02c
Old 01-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jasony0630)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jasony0630 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
oh well, if you feel in full control of your car at that speed you should be ok i guess...i dont know

</TD></TR></TABLE>

feel and being in control are 100% different things...
Old 01-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Budget Racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When I had my D16y7 in my 00 Civic CX it topped put @ 120 mph.
That's about where you should be at cause you have the same motor.

As far as handling @ 120 mph, I strongly disagree about the handling thing. I could drive my car @ 120 mph all day as if I was sitting on the couch watching TV. It's really no big deal, but don't be stupid that's all. Of course lowering your car on some stiffer suspension would help greatly.

Would everyone still trip out if the car was a Ferrari with a rich guy in it going over 100 mph? Probably not. Just use commen sense

</TD></TR></TABLE>

ummm thats in my eyes. why the hell would we compare a ferrari to a honda ANYDAY when ferraris are BUILT to go 100+ comfortably and have all the body line to give it the down force to make it handle. also once we have 14" vented cross drilled and slotted rotors w/ 4 piston calipers on all four corners on a civic we will negotiate again. slow down.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (G2 Speed)

yeah youre right, i dont know how to explain my feeling of "fully in control" its just a feeling
Old 01-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93egSLEEPER)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93egSLEEPER &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ummm thats in my eyes. why the hell would we compare a ferrari to a honda ANYDAY when ferraris are BUILT to go 100+ comfortably and have all the body line to give it the down force to make it handle. also once we have 14" vented cross drilled and slotted rotors w/ 4 piston calipers on all four corners on a civic we will negotiate again. slow down.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think you missed my post..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G2 Speed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

are you expletiveing kidding...........??

Ferrari...

Better Brakes X 100000000000
Better Tires X 10000000000
Better Suspension X 1000000000
Better Car X 1000000000393939

You just compared a ferrari to a civic

edit:

You trying stopping your POS CX at 120MPH... at least the ferrari's brakes wouldn't vapourize</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 01-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jasony0630)

you want to have good tires, thick sway bar, thick strut bar, civics don't necessarily have the most well built bodies and you want to have full control, everyting you can do to make it better, great handling, and excellent brakes if you are going to be racing or doing over 100. it's really never safe to race, but by increasing your control over the car, you decrease your chance of getting into a serious accident.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G2 Speed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I think you missed my post..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha yeeeea. lol. i read the first page and was like wow... and didnt read the second. we have the same ideas though.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (austinkli)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by austinkli &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you want to have good tires, thick sway bar, thick strut bar, civics don't necessarily have the most well built bodies and you want to have full control, everyting you can do to make it better, great handling, and excellent brakes if you are going to be racing or doing over 100. it's really never safe to race, but by increasing your control over the car, you decrease your chance of getting into a serious accident.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ummmmmm no....

So if your going 120mph, and someone turns into your lane with no signal and cuts you off at the last second...

How will a "thick sway bar and strut bar help you"
Old 01-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93egSLEEPER &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
have the same ideas though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's cool, all keep that in mind for the next time so I don't bash you for anything
Old 01-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's cool, all keep that in mind for the next time so I don't bash you for anything </TD></TR></TABLE>
haha cool... i try not to post BS and things of that nature anyways. haha
Old 01-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ummm thats in my eyes. why the hell would we compare a ferrari to a honda ANYDAY when ferraris are BUILT to go 100+ comfortably and have all the body line to give it the down force to make it handle. also once we have 14" vented cross drilled and slotted rotors w/ 4 piston calipers on all four corners on a civic we will negotiate again. slow down.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It doesn't matter what car you drive better or not, it all depends on the drivers ability to handle situations.

My point was to exercise the prejudice people have because they drive a civic. How people except only one of the same actions. It doesn't matter how nice your car is it still has a dangerous potential no matter what. And think why do they make cars go way beyond the limit from the factory anyways.

Did you consider the driver to be a factor Mr knowledge.

Some people are way to dense. Your probably the guy who tries to stop a guy speeding @ 100 mph by slowly changing lanes in front of him. You know policing people on the road is also illegal.

Modified by Budget Racer at 3:47 PM 1/4/2008
Old 01-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you're doing 120 and someone jumps in front of you at the last second with no signal good tires are only going to help a little, ****, it doesn't even matter if your in a ferrari, accidents happen for a reason, thats why earlier in the post i said do it on an old back road where nobody drives, or better yet, on a track. even on a track though, you want to have the best handling and control of your car possible, what if you have to swerve to miss something? You're engine isn't going to do much at that speed.

Modified by austinkli at 3:29 PM 1/4/2008
Old 01-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Budget Racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Some people are way to dense. Your probably the guy who tries to stop a guy speeding @ 100 mph by slowly changing lanes in front of him. You know policing people on the road is also illegal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

cool now im Mr. Knowledge.
i wasnt saying its fine to go fast in a ferrari or a geo metro either way... just going 100 on a public road is dumb. All it comes down to is ***** size i think... if YOU HAVE TO SHOW OFF its definately SMALL.

AND NO i dont "police the roads". I just laugh and drive by them a mile down the highway when they have the blue light special behind them.

I love how people make assumptions.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Budget Racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It doesn't matter what car you drive better or not, it all depends on the drivers ability ro handle situations.

My point was to exercise the prejudice people have because they drive a civic. How people except only one of the same actions. It doesn't matter how nice your car is it still has a dangerous potential no matter what. And think why do they make cars go way beyond the limit from the factory anyways.

Some people are way to dense. Your probably the guy who tries to stop a guy speeding @ 100 mph by slowly changing lanes in front of him. You know policing people on the road is also illegal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Stoping Distance 90kph 110kph

Honda Integra GS-R 42m 74.4m
Ferrari 550 Maranello 33.6m 59.7m

/THREAD
Old 01-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Stoping Distance 90kph 110kph

Honda Integra GS-R 42m 74.4m
Ferrari 550 Maranello 33.6m 59.7m

/THREAD</TD></TR></TABLE>
i was just doing the same thing.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So i assume that you wouldn't care if nobody else is on the road right?
Old 01-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mike03,95civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike03,95civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So i assume that you wouldn't care if nobody else is on the road right?</TD></TR></TABLE>
NOBODY is tough to find unless you live out in the boonies. also many public roads arent 100% smooth and flat and if your doing 120, hit a large bump, car shift, car flip, RIP bro.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you drive late at night or even during the day some times you have more than enough room to to go 100+ with out hitting another driver. who cares if you crash
Old 01-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike03,95civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you drive late at night or even during the day some times you have more than enough room to to go 100+ with out hitting another driver. who cares if you crash</TD></TR></TABLE>
going 100 isnt worth dying to me.... it would destroy my college baseball carrer, my car, and most of all my family. death doesnt sound fun to me.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the driver can chose if its worth it to him. thats why people are allowed to sky dive.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike03,95civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the driver can chose if its worth it to him. thats why people are allowed to sky dive. </TD></TR></TABLE>
haha yea... still bad ideas. lol. i like living too much to do things like this.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mike03,95civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So i assume that you wouldn't care if nobody else is on the road right?</TD></TR></TABLE>
On bad days I contemplate taking some drivers off the road permanently. But then I find a way around the waste of skin who's doing 15mph under the speed limit, and the urge passes.

Sunny day, rainy day, doesn't matter. Hell the speed limit on the road can drop 20mph and they'll keep doing the same speed (so now instead of doing 15 under they're doing 5 over). No rhyme or reason to their behavior.

Life would be much better if all the blue hairs & blue hair wannabes would just stay in the right lane. And when they're on a two lane road, don't accelerate when entering a passing zone. You want to do 15mph under? Fine. Do 15mph under. Don't think everyone has to join you in your miserable existance.

Quick Reply: Need Help!! on Civic Top out Speed!!