Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need help with a/c

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default need help with a/c

hey guys, i desperately need your help. i have a 97 GSR swap on my 95 civic sedan..everything is hooked up except for the a/c..i just need one more a/c hose and i'm set..thing is, i don't know what hose to get to make it fit..the gsr oem a/c hoses, only one fitted, the other that goes from compressor to condensor does NOT fit..here is a picture of what i mean:

can you guy help me find the correct hose?? i was told i need to have both "H" and "L" pressure valve on the hose in order to make this a/c work..so i'm been searching everywhere, ebay, web. etc.. is there such a hose that fit both gsr compressor and civic condensor or do i need to have a custom one made??
where would i need to go to get one made if it comes down to custom hose?? i really need a/c..it's getting too hot for my comfort..so any help is greatly appreciated..

thanks
Old 08-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need help with a/c (civic402lx)

i originally though that if you have the d-series compressor, it would adapt to the b series block via a crv or delsol vtec bracket. and upon using said bracket you wouldnt have to modify any line. so for starters which compressor are you using??? and second. yes you need the line with the "H" on it.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: need help with a/c (4drgsr96)

just get the d series compressor
Old 08-22-2007, 10:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when it comes to ac.it is a pain in the butt.especially on swap..most of the people with b series swap, they use d series ac pipe, condensor, fan, belt, ac compressor but use del sol vtec or crv ac bracket.thats the easiest way.but i am using different setting.i am using d series pipe, ac belt, condensor, fan and a 96 gsr ac compressor (like the one u have in the pic) and with jdm p30 ac bracket.it bolts right on to the p30 ac bracket. it is just me cause i have all the parts in handy.the gsr ac compressor is from a buddy of mine and the p30 ac bracket comes with my jdm b16a swap..the d series pipe i got those from junk yard and through some friends.but u will need a brand new ac dryer and receiver.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

After studying the pics of your car on hondaautomotiveparts.com, I've come to the conclusion, that with the way your condensor sits, more specifically with the hole where the discharge hose bolts into, there's no way you can use OEM parts. I was originally going to suggest that you get the discharge hose from a 99-00 Si. But looking at your condenser and comparing it with the 99 Si, the hole locations are in relatively the same area, but the hole faces a different direction. For example, on the condenser in a 99 Si, it points east west. Your condenser points north south. So unless you decide to change out your condenser to an Si so you can use the Si discharge hose, you will have to get one custom made.

The discharge hose for a 95 civic goes into a Sanden compressor. I'm almost positive the hole for the discharge hose on the Sanden will line up differently than the Nippondenso (the compressor you have that is on all Integra and 99-00 Si motors). I'm assuming that you've tried to use your old hose from your old motor?

If the OEM 95 civic discharge hose will not line up correctly, then you will have to go custom.

If you don't want to do that, you can get a condenser from a 99-00 Si, or 96-00 EX motor. Then you can use the discharge hose from a 99-00 Si to hook up the compressor you have and call it a day.

If that is too expensive, get your old compressor for the 95, get 95 civic suction and discharge hoses, get the a/c bracket off of a crv or 94-95 del sol so you can bolt the compressor and both hoses on and then call it a day.

I believe those to be your only solutions. Unless someone else has better ideas....
Old 08-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: need help with a/c (4drgsr96)

i'm using oem 97 GSR compressor and lines..p72 braket, which is oem i think..as far as custom, i don't know where to go to get custom or if any mechanic shop would take on such a task..

edit:
anyone know the part number to the crv a/c bracket?? or the del sol part number?? what yr should i use from each..i see a bracket on ebay for the delsol but it's like 120shipped for just the bracket..

Modified by civic402lx at 1:17 PM 8/24/2007