Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

need help asap willing to shoot $$ for help... fuel pump will not prime + no spark

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help asap willing to shoot $$ for help... fuel pump will not prime + no spark

lemme start off by saying i have a 97 ek hatch with a 2000 gsr swap. im using the stock obd2a engine harness with a obd2a-obd1 jumper harness to a p28

went to do a fuse box tuck and basically cut the 4 plugs that go into the bottom of the fuse box to extend the wires... ran them into the firewall and satured the wires back together to the plugs... also ran extended 4 guage battery wire to relocate to the trunk... now im kinda stuck because when i go to turn on the car posittion I is normal power. pos II is accesorry and everything still works (radio. headlights, tails, signals, ac blower) but the normal civic hummm and click of the fuel pump priming does happen... and the car wouldnt even turn over.

i then realized i had ungrounded my clifford so i went a grounded it and my car will now turnover. it just turns and turns... but i dont get any spark and i dont get any fuel...

took a test light and went to the master realy near the glove box...

when key is in acces (II) and i touch the black/yellow i hear my fuel pump start to prime

what the hell is my problem... i do have my pass airbag disconnected because i have the cdm airbag tray... is there some type of fuel pump cutoff when airbag is removed or sumthing... i need help HT someone lmk whats up... car was running fine b4 i did this... all i did was extend some wires so wtf is the problem???

786 493 9934 text if you want... ima put picks up asap i really need help i will pay for some good help that will solve my problem

and if anyone is in the miami fl area and wants to make some cash call/text me
Old 09-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: need help asap willing to shoot $$ for help... fuel pump will not prime + no spa

What 4 wires (colors) beneath the hood fuse box did you cut?

I think you mean Yel/Blk wire at the main relay, right?

Did you check whether fuse #44 under the hood is blown?

Also check whether dash fuses 13 or 31 is blown:

Old 09-23-2009, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need help asap willing to shoot $$ for help... fuel pump will not prime + no spa

tthe 4 plugs that i cut are under the fuse box... 1 harness has 3 wires (small plug) 1 has like 7 (brown plug) and the other two are grey plugs and have like 10 wires each... i have a friend that works as a honda tech coming over....

my question is... could saturing the wires close to the plug have caused platic inside the plug to melt over the connectors? but that still doesnt make sense as to why it is not priming my fuel pump or giving me spark
and when i tap it with a grounded test light the fuel pump will prime... so it seems like im not making a complete circuit... but idk im not an electrician