Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need help with 2000 ek power window/lock/ mirror conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with 2000 ek power window/lock/ mirror conversion

First of all, I know that this project has been done multiple times, and that there are tons of threads out there regarding how to do this, but unfortunately they can only help me so much. I've been researching this for the past 3 months while I was running around collecting all the parts I need. I appreciate all of you for reading this. Thank you for your help.

Hi everybody, a while ago I decided that I was going to do a power window/lock/mirror conversion. Following the instructions from http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/erik/alb...Y0604.jpg.html, I noticed that this was only for the 96-98 models. What I have on my car are 2000 civic si door internals and floor harness. Everything was plug and play, all three 20 amp fuses were in, and the power window relay was also put in. When I started the car, none of the power conversions worked.

I rewired the rear wiper to have that work, for a fact the floor harness works 'cause I did that part first and everything ran fine.

Also, for the door locks to work do i have to change the whole entire dash harness considering that the keyless door lock control unit is attached to it. That would be a HUGE job if i had to. And would I still need the keyless door lock control unit (located in the drivers kick panel) if i were to install an aftermarket alarm?
Please help me with this dilemmm!

Current state of car:
Power window relay is in (located in the driver side fuse box)
All 20 amp fuses are in and work
Floor harness is converted (rear wiper works)
All door internals are in and plugged in
STILL NO POWER
Old 03-23-2009, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Need help with 2000 ek power window/lock/ mirror conversion

I just did this conversion on my 00 hatch.

Are you sure that your door harnesses are solidly connected to the floor harness? When I did this, my floor harness had this green plastic surround on each side going into the door that I had to rip off for it to fit right. I took off the fenders to make it much easier to thread that floor harness into the door. Not sure if this will help... but for the passenger side window to work you MUST have the driver side and passenger side switches plugged in.

Check your grounds... is the floor harness grounded on the driver's side under the dash and under the driver's side seat? Check and make sure everything on your fuse box is plugged in... it's pretty easy to miss one or two plugs down there...

As for the power lock control box... I'm stuck on that. I have the power actuators in and I'm just going to wait until I get an alarm installed so that at least I have keyless entry. You CAN get that door panel lock switch to work though.. you need to wire it up yourself with two relays. It doesn't look that hard but again, I'm just going to wait until I can get someone to do a stealth alarm install for me.

This is the link i was given for wiring up that switch to the power actuators...

http://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/page3.asp#arp

Good luck!
Old 03-23-2009, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Need help with 2000 ek power window/lock/ mirror conversion

Also, as far as I know, I don't think you need the keyless unit for an aftermarket alarm. The aftermarket brain should be able to communicate with your keyless remote and lock/unlock the doors without that oem box... someone please correct me if I'm wrong.