Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Need H/T Advice/HELP! EG Hatch stolen, found (sorta)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need H/T Advice/HELP! EG Hatch stolen, found (sorta)

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies..i need advice and i need to vent this out cauz its killin me inside.

My White hatch was stolen about 2 months ago on April 1st. It was never recovered. Yesterday I was on my way to the mall and I saw a car with my ADR Spyders on them.. (basically C8's but alloy with a polished lip) I busted a u-turn and went to Quizno's where the car was parked. The first thing my gf noticed was that my JDM HOndaparts.com license plate was still on the car. Different license # tho. Now..i pull up next to the car and notice the car is in the EXACT condition mine was in. There arent very many CLEAN hatch's here in Stockton. Now heres thing...they were MY rims..cauz one of them got into an accident and the tires were mismatched...khumos in the rear bridgestones in the front. So i call the cops and I went up to the car and it was EXACTLY how my car was before it got stolen.
I was able to pinpoint every little detail about the car:

EK sideskirts
Amber corners
JDM Hondaparts plate
Rims/Tires
Grey EX Armrest
Leather GSR Shifter
Seats ( HELLA CLEAN)
wipers (i resprayed them black)
Amber cluster
Amber climate control
Front bumper had the grill cut out
same dents and dings on the hood.

Under the hood:
my stock headers(which had that red burnt amber color)
generic intake tube wiht a monsterflow filter. and heres what gave his *** away..

as the cop was lifting his hood i said "and i bet theres a generic intake with a monsterflow filter and K&N sticker on it."

the guy pulls out his keychain and goes "yea i got it its K&N see"

BULLSH*T!!!!!!!

Ok now the cop talked to the guy..the guy claims he bought it from some asian guy in Modesto and claimed that he had the car for 3-4 months. My car was stolen 1month ago. The vin#s however did not match mine. I guess the guy works over at Quiznos in stockton and his lead came out to see "if everything was ok." Mind you, his lead had an 89 EF with an unpainted WWkit.. the lead lied about his age and also said he only saw the car ONCE. Also he said the car used to be GREEN or RED...but when we popped the engine bay it was all white, not repainted.

So i'm thinking either that guy bought the car like that a the guy who sold it to him stole it....OR...he bought a Fu*cked up white hatch and stole my car or his friend stole it to get all my ****......or they did one hell of a Vin# change.

Heres what bothers me:

If you steal a car, strip it and part it out...Why would someone put EVERYTHING in the EXACT order of how it was before the car, or other car got stolen? it just doesnt make sense. he had too much of my **** in his car in the same exact place for it to be even logical. And WHO in their right mind would have the ***** to drive around in the SAME City in a stolen or stolen parted car???????????

As you guys can see it's stressin me the HELL out cauz i work so dam hard for my $$$$ and gave up so much for that car...I know its just a material item, but its one material item that meant a lot for me.....

Sorry for the long post i guess i needed to vent and get peoples advice.....

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2003, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need H/T Advice/HELP! EG Hatch stolen, found (verseone)

holy **** that sux but is good too as you now know where it is and who owns it. how long ago did this happen? let us know when this devolopes further, i want to see the theif get his. make him go away for a while if you can. gl
Old 06-01-2003, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you file a police report? I would think that your insurance company would like to know about this too. Do you have all of your receipts for your car? Pictures? I think that notarized statements from you friends would help too.

Your suggested explanation is not unreasonable. I've heard of people stealing cars and stripping them, then buy back the shell legally at salvage auction in order to rebuild the car back up and to be able to legally (in terms of the VIN #'s) sell it.
Old 06-01-2003, 09:22 AM

Damn that is crazy. Hope everything turns out for the best.
Old 06-01-2003, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im thinking...why steal a car take all the parts and put it exactly how it was on anotehr car just to sell the car? doesnt make sense...cauz they could just track it back to the original seller.......i think the guy jacked my **** and put all my parts on the fucked up car he bought.......but i can just speculate.
Old 06-01-2003, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need H/T Advice/HELP! EG Hatch stolen, found (acuracing)

damn, i hope you get your car back somehow. i can't stand thieves, i would probably shoot him or something.
Old 06-01-2003, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need H/T Advice/HELP! EG Hatch stolen, found (acuracing)

damn sorry to hear that man...stuff like this really frustrates me....
Old 06-01-2003, 09:39 AM

Location: I have crack runin through my veins, seriously, United States

man that whole situation really sucks. now the guy is probably laughing away knowing that there's nothing you can do. and since you already involved the police there's nothing you can really do in retaliation that you could get away with. i would hate to be in your position. id probably take a bat to the car if i knew i could never get it back, even though i made it what it is. but i dont suggest it. good luck.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

he might've put on the vin's from a wrecked car or something. why don't you run it through carfax and see what comes up.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:39 AM
B.
400 HP Club

Default Re: Need H/T Advice/HELP! EG Hatch stolen, found (civicdxtyper)

i bet that they stole your car, bought a reck at the auction, and switched the vin to match the reck. People do that **** all the time with bikes, quads and snow mobiles. I say you kick the **** out of that guy, his car and his buddies car. **** THEM ALL! Then take your wheels and be on your way..................
Old 06-01-2003, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Need H/T Advice/HELP! EG Hatch stolen, found (THE B)

Did you check the firewall VIN#?
Old 06-01-2003, 11:55 AM
New User

Default Re: Need H/T Advice/HELP! EG Hatch stolen, found (rob d)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rob d &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you check the firewall VIN#?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, that's usually a dead givaway. Every other VIN on the car is pretty easilly faked but the firewall one is nearly impossible. Even if they weld in the VIN from a wreaked car the evidence should be there. Take the cowl off (plastic trim bellow the windshield) and look for any evidence that a diferent VIN was welded into place. That is VERY hard to completely disguise.

Mike
Old 06-01-2003, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need H/T Advice/HELP! EG Hatch stolen, found (rob d)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rob d &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you check the firewall VIN#?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Check all the vins. Check the vin on the motor also. Isn't there a vin in the back of the car somewhere also? But it would be very difficult to change the firewall vin without any noticable modification.
Old 06-01-2003, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn... that would be too much stress for me...

<FONT COLOR="white">thats why I am selling my car.</FONT>
Old 06-01-2003, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need H/T Advice/HELP! EG Hatch stolen, found (BseriesPWR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BseriesPWR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Check all the vins. Check the vin on the motor also. Isn't there a vin in the back of the car somewhere also? But it would be very difficult to change the firewall vin without any noticable modification.</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually, if someone was to change the vin on a car, the only places you'd need to change it would be on the firewall and the dash. it's not that hard to change the one on the firewall, you'd just need to cut the old one out, weld in the new one, bondo it a litte to smooth it over, and paint. the one on the dash is even easier.
Old 06-01-2003, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wait so I am so confused. Did you get your car back? Or are you going to get all your parts back? I dream of the day I find the mother F*cker driving around with my **** in his car. I would not even call the cops just release all my pent up anger on the bastard for stealing all my hard work then take his *** to the ocean and dump him.
Old 06-01-2003, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Need H/T Advice/HELP! EG Hatch stolen, found (underpressure02)

are you getting all this, stockton cali guy?

do you have his name/address/phone number? This time, ask the police again, one more check and have everything ready. EVERYTHING. There are vin stickers everywhere on the car, btw. There has to be come evidence. Maybe try your key.
Old 06-01-2003, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need H/T Advice/HELP! EG Hatch stolen, found (all stock)

yea im going to call the officer on the case tomorrow. i was thinking about just getting my key and putting it in...theres no evidence of the car ever being broken into...it coulda been like a CX before..and they took my car's interiror and motor and everything. Im going to request the block ser. # ran. I'm almost positive it was a CX because the rear hatch glass had no wiper. the motor looked exactly like mine. now if they run the block and it comes up stolen.............then what??? im not into beating the **** outta people even tho its crossed my mind a few times. but thats just not me. karma is definately a bitch.
Old 06-01-2003, 11:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:30 AM

Default Re: (verseone)

lemme know how it goes.
Old 06-02-2003, 01:40 AM

pictures are worth a thousand words...and it is stockton...
Old 06-02-2003, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Need H/T Advice/HELP! EG Hatch stolen, found (igyloo)

Trying your key is going to be totally useless... The handle/lock combo is super easy to switch, even if he had used your doors, his old handles and key would not be tough to swap.

Same with the ignition/tumbler, I just bought a CRX at an auction for cheap, runs, stolen, but no keys and tumbler busted. I took the door handles off my old totalled rex, and the ignition/tumbler and had them replaced in about 4 hours.

The rear hatch key though.... if your hatch was unique, he may've been lazy and left that detail...

I'm curious though, did the owner seem really nervous or act suspicious? I really wanna know.

Also, this would be my move.... follow the guy home, if the car is parked outside, go put some of your initials on the rims and file a police report with witnesses that that can vouch you marked them when you bought them for this exact reason. just dont get caught.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Need H/T Advice/HELP! EG Hatch stolen, found (3RROR404)

Well sice that guy knows that u know where it is now its probly LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG gone..Probly you will find it stripped down now..
I say try the key thing if its still there,and go to the car and take it back..
I would call your insurance company they will investigate it.. I work for an insurance company and i know if we can help from paying we wont. so we would investigate it...Man i see it like this in all worse case if i cant have **** neighter can they.. Time for a drive by bomb...
Oh also check the ecu.. they have numbers that match the vins also..I would make the police take the car and go thru it completley.. Even if u change the Vin on the firewall u can still tell from the back of the firewall that it was changed.. trust me i have seen some cars that u cant even tell until u look behind the firewall..
Hope that helps..
man where in stockton u live im gonna be in Atwater next month, im from Ga and im looking for some stuff to get into while im out there.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No pictures of your old car then? Or any receipts? The police department just has to be aware of all the thievery going on in the import scene. Everyone and their mom knows about chop shops and how fast they work. Keep a cool head. You have logic on your side. Be firmly persistent and always be respectful to those police officers. Don't get all emotional with them. Good luck dude and keep us posted!