Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Nagasaki JDM Motors

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nagasaki JDM Motors

So I have been doing the honda thing for about 6 years now and have done countless swaps and have personally ordered motors and transmissions from different companies.

I placed an order with Nagasaki Jdm Motors on Monday for a B16 sir2 complete swap minus linkage and axles. The price was very reasonable ($2100) shipped. I ordered a jdm b18b from them last year (engine only) and was blown away. They charged me $600 shipped and I had it within the week. The motor looked brand new, you could eat off of it. I was so impressed that I did not hesitate to place my order on monday for a second.

I called monday afternoon, they gave me a price of $2250.00, I hung up because the site said it was $1800 plus $300 for shipping ($2100). I called back and pretended I was someone else and said I wanted to order the swap for $2100. I placed the order and my card did not go through because of my daily limit. Someone by the name of Sam (Indian or Arab Guy) called me back and started cursing at me calling me a scammer and to open my head and listen to him that I was a liar and I was trying to use a stolen card. I chumped his silly *** and told him to quiet down or I wasnt ordering **** from him, I contacted my bank as did he and it was straightened out. After all this he appologizes. To make an already long story shorter he was supposed to call me three times with the correct tracking number and keeps giving me the run around. Im giving him until 5pm est today to get me that number or his *** is gonna have a declined card and a police report.

The purpose of this thread is to educate others through personal experience about this company. My first transaction was flawless, however this bastard named Sam is a real piece of work and I wanted people to know. Ill keep this updated so people who care know the outcome.

PS - Dont tell me I should have ordered from H-Motors either because I have been there and done that. Steve is cool, but he's expensive and my $3300.00 got me a jdm b18c (sir-g) with a cracked crank pulley, axles with blown cv's, a flywheel with chunk missing, and a trans with 3rd gear grinds
Old 10-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Re: Nagasaki JDM Motors (.Hookedonhatch.)

Nobody would curse me and worst of all call me a liar, and then STILL get my business.

This place wouldn't happen to be located in Canada would it?

Old 10-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Former Moderator

Default Re: Nagasaki JDM Motors (B18C5-EH2)

BTW:

I just looked them up, and yeah it's an eerily similiar place to all of those rip-off artists like Osaka JDM motors, etc. that were notorious for ripping a lot of people off about 5 years ago or so.

I don't trust any importer with a generic Japanese name located in Japan - period.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my buddy bought a sr20 from osaka. motor is good and all but it took a while to get the rite intercooler piping. had to send it back 2 times cuz it was not the rite one then just ended up getting a front mount. same thing with the ecu. he just gave up on them and bought everything he needed elsewhere
Old 10-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought my jdm b18c Sir G motor from Hmotorsonline for $3,000 flat.. You got ripped off by steve buddy.. plus everything was in good and working condition. You need to check everything before you buy which I did because I drove over there. The only problem I had was a Bad Ecu which kept giving me a check engine light for o2 sensor. I told Steve and he replaced the Ecu for me. I wouldnt buy or order anything without seeing it in person first.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Osaka JDM Motors effed-me-in-the-a.

EDIT: A guy at Osaka's name was Sam and he was an unhelpful dickbag. Possibly same company, different name???
Old 10-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Former Moderator

Default Re: Nagasaki JDM Motors (JDM EJ2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM EJ2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Osaka JDM Motors effed-me-in-the-a.

EDIT: A guy at Osaka's name was Sam and he was an unhelpful dickbag. Possibly same company, different name???</TD></TR></TABLE>

DING DING DING!!!

Like I said before - any Canadian company that uses a generic Japanese city name, etc. is probably an incarnation of Osaka/OSUCKA JDM Motors.

After there was some huge fallout on H-T and every other Honda MB about Osaka just straight up ripping people off they dissappeared and another Japan city named importer from a closeby Canadian adress popped up...
Old 10-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Former Moderator

Default Re: Nagasaki JDM Motors (raidacaipo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raidacaipo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I bought my jdm b18c Sir G motor from Hmotorsonline for $3,000 flat.. You got ripped off by steve buddy.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow that's a great plug for Steve!

Importers base pricing on many things. If they have 10 of the same swap the price will be cheaper than if they have 2 of the same swap. If the mileage/condition is better then of course it will cost a bit more than a miled up version of the same swap. LSD, cleanliness, etc. are also factors. $300.00 difference isn't much when it comes to trying to compare same-swap prices.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You need to check everything before you buy which I did because I drove over there. The only problem I had was a Bad Ecu which kept giving me a check engine light for o2 sensor. I told Steve and he replaced the Ecu for me. I wouldnt buy or order anything without seeing it in person first. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's wonderful that you live close enough to drive over and buy it in person. I drove two states away on four separate occasions to buy swaps for myself and two friends from Larry at import Auto Salvage in N.C - I too prefer face-to-face dealings. After establishing a working relationship with him I ordered via phone/shipping and was never dissappointed.

However not everyone lives close to an importer. I'm sure a lot of HMO's business lies out of state where shipping/phone/internet dealings occur. There is a level of trust one needs to have with an importer to feel secure about ordering from them, and the OP lost that trust because of a past business deal then that's his opinion. Telling a guy across the country to "check it first" makes no sense.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldnt be suprised if osaka and nagasaki were one in the same quite honestly. I ordered from nagasaki last year and the quality of the motor and prompt shipping combined with unbeatable pricing is what brought me back.

I spoke to this guy sam again yesterday and he explained that ups had lost the paperwork for the motor and was drawing up new paperwork before the motor hits the border. He assures me that the motor is on its way, so we will see.

As far as HMO goes. Thats a great luxury living close enough to an importer to be able to hand pick a motor, however if you read my orignal post again majority of the issues I had with swap from HMO were internal transmission issues, unless you are able to see through transmission housings there is no way to know. All the motors look clean because they are power washed and drenched in speedy, you just have to cross your fingers when your dealing with engine importers.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmotorsonline is the best way to go, bought my motor 2300 complete shipped, lsd never a problem and 15k on the motor sence i got it, cancle it and order from somewhere good
Old 10-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah I know.. I got ripped off too for $3000 for a gsr. oh well at least it was clean, came with all sensors that worked, gave me discounts on other parts such as hasport mounts for $200 brandnew. $40 bucks for n1 crank pulley and replaced my bad ecu free of charge. also came with brand new shiftlinkage, and brand new axels and good customer service.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nobody would curse me and worst of all call me a liar, and then STILL get my business.

This place wouldn't happen to be located in Canada would it?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Easy now, there are some good peeps here in Canada....Amongst the beavers, ski lodges and Toque wearing lumberjacks.

edit: PS I know you weren't bashing Canadians in general, simply this random japanese named canadian company ripping people off.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Nagasaki JDM Motors (B16AGUY)

http://www.tigerjapanese.com i while back i ordered a sohc zc vtec, they told me they didnt have any in stock...so they said they would send a d15b vtec i was okay with this....When i get it its a sohc zc vtec with a crushed oil pan, cracked valve cover, broken timing belt cover and they sent me a dx trans. i know its only a sohc but its my money i worked for.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Like I said before - any Canadian company that uses a generic Japanese city name, etc. is probably an incarnation of Osaka/OSUCKA JDM Motors.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Possibly, but you have to realize that there are a ton of JDM importers in montreal, some of them are kinda shady. Some are pretty good. Personally I've dealt with a company called sunrise JDM paid $683 (final price including shipping) for a complete D15B Vtec, engine only. I've owned it for close to a year and put around 25,000kms on it, hasn't taken any oil or coolant yet and all sensors were good, engine was very clean and I had it in 4 days.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

jdm exchange is located in philly its one of the largest import motor places in united states. They have whatever you want motors,front clips,mirrors,headlights.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Nagasaki JDM Motors (coupej1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by coupej1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.tigerjapanese.com i while back i ordered a sohc zc vtec, they told me they didnt have any in stock...so they said they would send a d15b vtec i was okay with this....When i get it its a sohc zc vtec with a crushed oil pan, cracked valve cover, broken timing belt cover and they sent me a dx trans. i know its only a sohc but its my money i worked for. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I live relatively close to tigerjapanese, so naturally when I needed I new d-series tranny I went to them...

The D15B tranny I purchased is absolutely flawless. Shifts like butter.

I picked up this transmission in person, however, I don't see how this could have made a difference in determining quality prior to purchasing. Its not like you can see through the case...

Old 10-11-2008, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nagasaki JDM Motors (Frost7177)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Frost7177 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jdm exchange is located in philly its one of the largest import motor places in united states. They have whatever you want motors,front clips,mirrors,headlights.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Jdm Exchange is ran in part by the person who owned Impulse in Philadelphia as well. They are way overpriced and imo a bit on the shifty side

I checked my credit card statement today and guess what it says the company was who deducted $2100.00? Anyone? OSAKA!

Some shady joints out on the internet. Im just hoping now that the motor and tranny come half as clean as the b18b they sent me.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

osaka/whatever there new name is used to be in Vancouver(west coast)until they pissed off/ripped off enough local tuners to have to move to motreal.I would just get your money back man some of the stories i heard about them made me want to cry and it wasn't even my motor.Right before they left Vancouver a local guy bought a b16b from them it had:bent valve which lead to bye bye jdm head.......

sidenote: something i've never understood, jdm may have less kms but don't you think that they get driven a lot harder?personally i'd rather rebuild mine and spend the money there
Old 10-11-2008, 07:12 AM

H-motors is a lil over price but ya pay for what ya get. and if they messed anything up they will fix it. steves a good guy
Old 10-11-2008, 07:19 AM

Default Re: Nagasaki JDM Motors (redef90si)

Anyone have problems buying a motor from Attarco? Their in Nor Cal, had it shipped to a truck station. My motor seems ok except the head was slightly warped, got that fixed and it runs fine. I guess buying anything though without seeing it in person is a risk no matter what.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:36 AM
Former Moderator

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .Hookedonhatch. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I checked my credit card statement today and guess what it says the company was who deducted $2100.00? Anyone? <FONT SIZE="7">OSAKA! </FONT>

Some shady joints out on the internet. Im just hoping now that the motor and tranny come half as clean as the b18b they sent me. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Bingo!

Like I said Osaka has such a horrible rep that they have to back-ddor business now. Unless many old topics were deleted you should be able to find countless horror stories about them in H-T's archives.

The other thing about doing business with a Canadian importer is that you have no recourse as an American with the BBB or any legal means whatsoever in the event that they screw you. I have nothing against Canada or Canadians, but doing internatonal business when you can buy swaps within the 48 states just doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm not scolding you or anything - you tried one of the 48 states most respected importers (HMO) and were less than satisfied.

I'm merely pointing it out for others who are on he fence about where to buy swaps.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They are undoubtedly some shady *** individuals. Like I said before though I got a flawless and I mean absolutely mint b18b from them last year. Harness was cut but it was useless to me anyway so.....&gt; I hoping for the best as of now and will keep this thread updated
Old 10-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So I finally got my swap. No mounts, No Ecu, No Intermediate Shaft. The motor is a 92 which I am assuming is in fact a sirII correct me if im wrong. It has a brand new obd1 dizzy with a obd2 wiring harness (cut) obd2 alternator, injectors, and all the obd associated sensors. SO tomorrow im calling these arab *** buckets and they have one day to send me everything i need for this swap.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it might not be a sir II just because its a 92 it could be a 92 integra xsi motor. look at the number by the B16A stamp if it starts with a 1 its a xsi motor and 160hp, if it starts with a 3 its the sir II motor 170hp. if its a xsi motor rip em a new one
Old 10-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Nagasaki JDM Motors (raidacaipo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raidacaipo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah I know.. I got ripped off too for $3000 for a gsr. oh well at least it was clean, came with all sensors that worked, gave me discounts on other parts such as hasport mounts for $200 brandnew. $40 bucks for n1 crank pulley and replaced my bad ecu free of charge. also came with brand new shiftlinkage, and brand new axels and good customer service. </TD></TR></TABLE>

damn i sell ITR motors for 3k

Quick Reply: Nagasaki JDM Motors