Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

NA build questions-all motor forum gave me no response

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NA build questions-all motor forum gave me no response

I tried the all motor forum but got ZERO replies so i figured i'd try in here cause i always get the help i need in here

I've got a 98 ex, *edit*, greddy evo2 exhaust,4-1 header(off brand, not bad), it got an LS motor, block's been honed and had the crank done, ctr pistons on gsr rods, head has been redone and milled a lot to bump the compression and got all new seals, polished with no port job, 9 angle valve job. The whole thing got new seals, bearings, molly rings, cams(aftermarket,cant remember what kind, got them from a friend,mild cam, not to agressive), str gears, aftermarket crank pully, b16 tranny w/4 puck clutch, i'm pushing prolly 12:1- 12.5:1 compression. *edit* and a no name short shifter. Thats about it. I know i want to find an aftermarket intake manifold and prolly a better header but this is my first all motor set up and i'm looking for some suggestions as to what i can do without going too crazy on it.
Thanks, A

*EDITED*

Modified by ssbpturbohatch at 7:46 AM 1/27/2006
Old 01-26-2006, 09:06 AM

Default Re: NA build questions-all motor forum gave me no response (ssbpturbohatch)

What is your question?

What else can you do to the motor or what can you do race wise?
Old 01-26-2006, 09:16 AM

Default Re: NA build questions-all motor forum gave me no response (Everyones Hero)

trying to see what else i can do motor wise, just some simple stuff since it is my daily driver
Old 01-26-2006, 09:38 AM

Default Re: NA build questions-all motor forum gave me no response (ssbpturbohatch)

Sounds like it's already built. Maybe more aggressive cams and a new valvetrain. I'd go with the new header and intake manifold like you said.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:40 AM

Default Re: NA build questions-all motor forum gave me no response (Everyones Hero)

Swap b16 head onto LS block, LS/vtec is gonna help you out alot.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:47 AM
cute little bastard

Why would you mention all your seats,headlights, taillight crap if you're topic is on All Motor?

1) Looks like your about done, maybe swap a VTEC head on. Maybe get some bigger cams and I don't think I saw a valvetrain on that list (or what specific cams you're runnning for that matter)

2) You should've just kept it in the All Motor forum.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1501926
Old 01-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkoundrelUSA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why would you mention all your seats,headlights, taillight crap if you're topic is on All Motor?

1) Looks like your about done, maybe swap a VTEC head on. Maybe get some bigger cams and I don't think I saw a valvetrain on that list (or what specific cams you're runnning for that matter)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1501926</TD></TR></TABLE>

you should take advantage of that compression ratio. get a vtec head, or better yet just buy a an already built head it might be cheaper. throw in some bigger cams. better header. how big is your exhaust? 2.25"? 2.5"?
Old 01-26-2006, 09:58 AM

Default Re: NA build questions-all motor forum gave me no response (fastrunner)

not a fan of ls/vtec personally, not saying its bad, just not for me. I've done a few builds, gsr, na single cam, single cam juiced, sohc turbo, mini-me(which makes me a hipocrit--spelling--), but i want to do the all motor ls to see where i can get it to performance wise and just wanting idea's/suggestions so as to be as informed as possible. thanks,A
Old 01-26-2006, 10:02 AM

you could get a good intake manifold, a GOOD header, a cool air intake, probably AEM hybrid.

but it looks like thats about all you can do, that engine looks really built
Old 01-26-2006, 10:02 AM

you could stroke it to 1.9 or 2.0, i think crower makes a good stroker kit for the b18's
Old 01-26-2006, 10:04 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkoundrelUSA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why would you mention all your seats,headlights, taillight crap if you're topic is on All Motor?

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1501926</TD></TR></TABLE>
the only reason all that app/cos mod. "crap" is on there is because i just copied it all from somewhere else and just pasted it in here, i did leave it in the all motor forum and never got any responses for about 2-3 weeks so i thought i would try in here cause i know people in this forum know a pretty good amount of stuff. sorry if i offended you by asking some all motor tech stuff in the tech only forum, i just want to be well informed before i go and f*#k something up or dont get the results i hope to get. thanks for the helpful info about some of the other stuff though
Old 01-26-2006, 10:06 AM
cute little bastard

Don't get all pissed because you don't know how to follow rules
Old 01-26-2006, 10:06 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dinko &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you should take advantage of that compression ratio. get a vtec head, or better yet just buy a an already built head it might be cheaper. throw in some bigger cams. better header. how big is your exhaust? 2.25"? 2.5"? </TD></TR></TABLE>
i think its 2.5" exhaust, it the greddy evo2 exhaust
Old 01-26-2006, 10:08 AM

haha, its badass how you mentioned your black with red stitching shift boot when you were talking about your engine
Old 01-26-2006, 10:10 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkoundrelUSA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't get all pissed because you don't know how to follow rules</TD></TR></TABLE>
i am not getting "all pissed", i was simply explaining why my post is the way that it is, hell, i thanked you for the suggestions you made to me on the other stuff, i do know how to follow the rules, i just didn't get any help from the all motor forum for like 2-3 weeks or more and i know the guys in this forum could help me. didn't want to start any trouble or nothing like that, just looking for some help.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:12 AM
cute little bastard

oh. It sounded sarcastic to me. well yeah, my bad
Old 01-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You don't have any engine management listed.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:32 AM

Default Re: NA build questions-all motor forum gave me no response (RStoR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkoundrelUSA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh. It sounded sarcastic to me. well yeah, my bad </TD></TR></TABLE>
sorry bout that, i tend to come off that way from time to time for some reason and i dont know why, my bad<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RStoR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You don't have any engine management listed. </TD></TR></TABLE>
dont really have anything besides my ecu that my friend is going to chip/reprogram to help make it a bit more compatible to my build, everyone tells me to get hondata but i'm wanting to find something a little bit easier and less expensive(been quoted pretty high by Jotech)
Old 01-26-2006, 11:34 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by x_outlaw_x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha, its badass how you mentioned your black with red stitching shift boot when you were talking about your engine</TD></TR></TABLE>
its a copy from another post some where else where i was telling someone about my car, just didn't take the time to rewrite it to make it pertain only to my motor for this thread, but it adds like 55whp by having that shift boot on there
Old 01-26-2006, 01:31 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ssbpturbohatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
its a copy from another post some where else where i was telling someone about my car, just didn't take the time to rewrite it to make it pertain only to my motor for this thread, but it adds like 55whp by having that shift boot on there </TD></TR></TABLE>

man dude, your all wrong, that only dynoed a 14 whp gain on my car...but seriously, you should edit it and take out all the cosmetic ****....but i think all you have left to do to that engine is stroke it and get some stage 3 cams
Old 01-26-2006, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: NA build questions-all motor forum gave me no response (x_outlaw_x)

Well, I was going to say go LS/V, but since you're not a really big fan,

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by x_outlaw_x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you could stroke it to 1.9 or 2.0, i think crower makes a good stroker kit for the b18's</TD></TR></TABLE>

that might work
Old 01-26-2006, 02:45 PM

you can get a dart tall deck block for longer rod
Old 01-26-2006, 04:57 PM

Default Re: NA build questions-all motor forum gave me no response (vtechrex)

Well here's your first problem.

B18C rod length, center to center in inches: 5.429"

B18B rod length, center to center in inches: 5.394"

so basically, what that is saying is that your engine is blown up right now so to get more power, you should buy a new one
Old 01-26-2006, 05:11 PM

damn, that guys good, didnt even pay attention to rods
Old 01-26-2006, 05:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NA build questions-all motor forum gave me no response (743power)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ssbpturbohatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
everyone tells me to get hondata but I'm wanting to find something a little bit easier and less expensive(been quoted pretty high by Jotech)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Go to Intercrew over in Richardson he'll (Phillip) give you a good price for the hondata s200, also what about a wide band. And I don't believe you mentioned any fuel mods, might want to check that before you run into detonation with that high compression.. Not to diss you but I think you have a lot of basics still missing or you just didn't post it.

Modified by biotech0123 at 8:41 PM 1/26/2006

Quick Reply: NA build questions-all motor forum gave me no response