Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

my swap weak or what<<??>>

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my swap weak or what<<??>>

**note**I know that this probably shouldnt be here but im gonna just say that im a newbie... flame if ya want the kid dont care

i raced a friends STOCK si the other day and was a little pissed about how much i beat him by. I have a 94 b18c1 i/h/e. I thought that i would be beatin his *** pretty bad but there really wasnt much of a difference. On the highway it was even worse. he kept up for a looooong time. i removed the butterfly valve on the intake manifold, could this be my problem. people that i talk with all tell me i should crush a b16 but i dont know after waht happened.

suggested mods? im thinkin about a skunk2 im
Old 02-13-2004, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: my swap weak or what<<??>> (hndakd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hndakd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**note**I know that this probably shouldnt be here but im gonna just say that im a newbie... flame if ya want the kid dont care

i raced a friends STOCK si the other day and was a little pissed about how much i beat him by. I have a 94 b18c1 i/h/e. I thought that i would be beatin his *** pretty bad but there really wasnt much of a difference. On the highway it was even worse. he kept up for a looooong time. i removed the butterfly valve on the intake manifold, could this be my problem. people that i talk with all tell me i should crush a b16 but i dont know after waht happened.

suggested mods? im thinkin about a skunk2 im</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you messed with a stock GSR intake mani, then you are on crack. What car is this GSR engine in?
Old 02-13-2004, 06:18 PM

you can drive right??

you should've smoked him... what car is the engine in?
Old 02-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my swap weak or what<<??>> (Jswpstdoff)

98 coupe ex

on crack?? im running running a skunk2 ecu. if i will get more from the manifold with the stock ecu and butterfly then ill put it back on tonight for a rematch. I got the car to run a 14.7 when i first got put together. i dont have slips or anything so i dont know the rest of the numbers
Old 02-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hndakd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">98 coupe ex

on crack?? im running running a skunk2 ecu. if i will get more from the manifold with the stock ecu and butterfly then ill put it back on tonight for a rematch. I got the car to run a 14.7 when i first got put together. i dont have slips or anything so i dont know the rest of the numbers</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, on crack. 14.7? Well, it is in a pig of a chassis, so I guess thats not too bad. Problem is if you raced a STOCK 99-00 Si then you raced a high 15 second car assuming the driver was worth a darn.

Now lets review. You got a chipped ECU that most likely couldn't control the secondaries on the intake manifold. So instead you removed the butterfly, effectively making a LONG *** runner manifold that is great for low end but took all the gains from this chipped ECU and hucked them out the window by killing your top end. Now you went from high 14's to high 15's but somehow you think its more intelligent to run this chipped ecu.... Still don't think you're on crack?
Old 02-13-2004, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my swap weak or what<<??>> (Hybrid93Eg)

understand and understood. ****, i listen to all these stupid local ***** and get stupid local responses. thnx all i will be changin my stuff back to stock in a matter of minutes. Im plannin on purchasing a skunk2 manifold, because once again the locals have spoken. Is it safe to run the stock ecu with it or should i run the skunk? Will a vfac help me out at all?

thnx for all the help
Old 02-13-2004, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hndakd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**note**I know that this probably shouldnt be here but im gonna just say that im a newbie... flame if ya want the kid dont care

suggested mods? im thinkin about a skunk2 im</TD></TR></TABLE>

You just solved your problem right there Honda put that butterfly valve on the GSR manifold for a reason
Old 02-13-2004, 06:33 PM

yeah ditch the oem manifold for a skunk.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hndakd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">understand and understood. ****, i listen to all these stupid local ***** and get stupid local responses. thnx all i will be changin my stuff back to stock in a matter of minutes. Im plannin on purchasing a skunk2 manifold, because once again the locals have spoken. Is it safe to run the stock ecu with it or should i run the skunk? Will a vfac help me out at all?

thnx for all the help</TD></TR></TABLE>

Couldn't tell you. Send me a copy of the chip and then I can see what its doing. It could just be choking your engine with an assload of fuel. Definately toss the manifold for a Skunk2 one if you have the funds. Get the AN-R gasket while you are in there.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my swap weak or what<<??>> (Hybrid93Eg)

well, fixed everything last night and called up my buddy. Still beat him but not as much as a hoped by i dont know if i suck at driving or hes really good or what.

i dont understand what you mean by a copy of the chip.

stupid vss went out too...again. replaced with a new one this morning and it still doesnt work. gotta find the volt meter now
Old 02-14-2004, 07:02 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hndakd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**
i raced a friends STOCK si the other day and was a little pissed about how much i beat him by. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You were pissed that you beat him?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hndakd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">**. people that i talk with all tell me i should crush a b16 but i dont know after waht happened.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or did he beat you? ??????
Old 02-14-2004, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my swap weak or what<<??>> (b16ahybrid)

i beat him ever time we raced. i was just a little mad at how much i won by. which was maybe a couple car lengths. (startin to feel riceboy like ) i still dont think the car is as fast as it should be.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: my swap weak or what<<??>> (b16ahybrid)

he's beating the guy just not STOMPING on him...

and not to sound dumb but doesn't the GSR OPEN the longer runners up top? not close them?

Old 02-14-2004, 07:41 AM
diearzte2

Default Re: my swap weak or what<<??>> (NonovUrbizniz)

You said you are running a 14.7, that is a decently fast time for a coupe w/GSR. Why do you think now that it is slower? Search the forums for people with your setup, and compare it to them.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I'm from Cincy as well. I have a 97 EX w/ B18C1 and some 'mods'. When I first did my swap I had only bolt on's, and I easily beat stock Si's. The GSR's IM is a very weak point on the motor, I replaced it with the Skunk2 when I did the swap. Therefore I'm not sure what kind of difference was made. Might wanna get it replaced.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:54 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hndakd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i beat him ever time we raced. i was just a little mad at how much i won by. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That comes down to driver ability.
I used to beat modded gs-r's when i had my d15 boosted, we had about the same amount of hp, and the platforms are close....it comes down to driver ability
Old 02-14-2004, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my swap weak or what<<??>> (diearzte2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by diearzte2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You said you are running a 14.7, that is a decently fast time for a coupe w/GSR. Why do you think now that it is slower? Search the forums for people with your setup, and compare it to them.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i havent been able to find much information about the coupes. everybody has a hatchback, and the times are a little lower.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16ahybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That comes down to driver ability.
I used to beat modded gs-r's when i had my d15 boosted, we had about the same amount of hp, and the platforms are close....it comes down to driver ability
.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i still dont think that it should have been as close as it was. from a stop i got him every time, by alot. when we were on the highway it was really close. I would have thought that it would have been about the same as from a stop. more power usually wins. my friend can drive pretty well, probably about the same as me. which might be why it was so close.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:18 AM

Street Racing =
eRacing =
Old 02-14-2004, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my swap weak or what<<??>> (King Tut33)

awww sorry. i just wanted to know how fast my car would go... what my quarter mile times would be, and what flavor gas i should use.

thnx for the help
Old 02-14-2004, 10:35 AM
EPIC TUNING

you should have pulled on the POS SI.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hndakd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">98 coupe ex

on crack?? im running running a skunk2 ecu. if i will get more from the manifold with the stock ecu and butterfly then ill put it back on tonight for a rematch. I got the car to run a 14.7 when i first got put together. i dont have slips or anything so i dont know the rest of the numbers</TD></TR></TABLE>

ur havign teh same trouble as sean on HT his **** was slow as hell for a long time( think abuot a b18b killing him with jsut a i/e and he has a b18c wit i/h/e).
try lookin if the TPS wire is good too, he took off his butterflys too thinking it was that but when he fodn out that the TPS wires werent connected tightly and reconnected them wit saudering and butt connectors the car really does rip alot better. Vtec just isnt a sound for him anymore.
btw his car is a 98 ek hatch so almost the same car. why are u running a skunk 2 ecu for a basically stock gsr motor????? i would think maybe if u had cams and vavletrain maybe. doesnt skunk 2 ecu also give alot of fuel and would too much fuel on stock motor be bad for it performance wise????ima not sure so i would kind of want to find that out also. good luck on ur car bro
Old 02-14-2004, 12:14 PM

Default Re: my swap weak or what<<??>> (bruceHungLO)

running too rich is definitly bad the best a/f ratio i beleive is 14.7:1 give or take a few depending on the application

Dont mean to jack the thread: What are the disadvatages on running a p72 ecu with a skunk 2 manifold?
Old 02-14-2004, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my swap weak or what<<??>> (hybridekay)

nothing from what i have heard b4 i knew of a kid running one b4 and no problems car still ripped *** really strongly.
Old 02-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: my swap weak or what<<??>> (King Tut33)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by King Tut33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Street Racing =
eRacing = </TD></TR></TABLE>

nuf said..
Old 02-14-2004, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my swap weak or what<<??>> (USDMDC2)

again the anti street racing ****'s are out lol.

Quick Reply: my swap weak or what<<??>>