Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

my new civic si em1 just bought it like 2 days ago any opinions WITH PICS

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my new civic si em1 just bought it like 2 days ago any opinions WITH PICS

so i had a 96 civic ex that i bought for 2400, yes it was slow and didnt look clean as i wanted, so i sold it for 3500 and bough a 2000 civic SI for 5400, its got 85,000 miles and runs great, just took it cruising yesterday and ran a supercharged cadillac, and many more cars well heres the link to my album its got many pics
http://picasaweb.google.com/taimoor006
the pics are not that good cuz it was sunny out but i just came from the car wash LOL.
its god dc cai, i think a greddy exhaust(not sure but it sounds sweet cuz its not loud unless you punch it), dc strut bar, volk 15" rims, kyb shocks on ground control coilovers, some nice fogs, autometer air/fuel, and oil pressure gauges
can anyone tell me if my suspension setup is any good
I just put in the jvc cd player which took like 20 minutes becuase it was a straight fit, the cd player look reals nice at night cuz the it has red lights that match the si interior lights
give me some advice on how to make it slightly faster(maybe 20-30hp) so i can beat my freinds 2000 si

ohh and does anyone know how to put pics on the main thread so i dont have to link it to my picasa album, the pics are on my c drive
Old 03-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: my new civic si em1 just bought it like 2 days ago any opinions WITH PICS (v8killaz)

Congrats man! The car is pretty clean for 85,000 miles. I don't really like those fogs though.. OEM fogs would look much better IMO.

And to actually put pictures of your car onto the forums, go to http://www.photobucket.com and create an account, then upload your pictures. Once uploaded, they'll have like four boxes under the picture with different forms of links, but grab the one that says "Direct Link" and put that link in between [ IMG ] and [ /IMG ] (no spaces between the brackets, though).
Old 03-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lookin good man lookin good. For me, the cheapest/best mod for the money is a short shifter. If you buddy has an si, and they both are equally modified, you should be able to beat him if you're a good enough driver. And the shorter shift times will help with that!
Old 03-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (needanew1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .mattyz_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Congrats man! The car is pretty clean for 85,000 miles. I don't really like those fogs though.. OEM fogs would look much better IMO. </TD></TR></TABLE>
thx, for the help, ohh yeah the fog color is gay but in tinting them dark so they match and look

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by needanew1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lookin good man lookin good. For me, the cheapest/best mod for the money is a short shifter. If you buddy has an si, and they both are equally modified, you should be able to beat him if you're a good enough driver. And the shorter shift times will help with that!</TD></TR></TABLE>
short shifter won't help cuz he has it too, he's got all the bolt ons
Old 03-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 03-23-2008, 11:00 AM

Default Re: my new civic si em1 just bought it like 2 days ago any opinions WITH PICS (v8killaz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by v8killaz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
give me some advice on how to make it slightly faster(maybe 20-30hp) so i can beat my freinds 2000 si
</TD></TR></TABLE>

do yur basic maintnace spark plugs wires etc. if you got that down my best bang for the buck was a light weight flywheel
Old 03-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Standing on the corner selling cocaine, rippin shows live on stage for hoes yellin my name
Default Re: my new civic si em1 just bought it like 2 days ago any opinions WITH PICS (em1allday)

If he has all the bolt ons, then drop cams in or go forced induction. Dropping cams in should provide a big edge on him.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Black EM1s are slick, I never get tired of looking at them

The only things I don't like about yours is the fogs and the muffer....it sits/hangs kinda funny

Good find though!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

we have the same strutbars =P

nice car!
Old 03-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

like everyone has been saying, those fog lights are funny looking on the car. the suspension is ok, it would be better with a full coilover suspension like tein or skunk2 pro c's... and if you really want some power out of that motor, get some cams and valvesprings/retainers, and an ITR header and you will **** on your buddies civic all day.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:54 PM

lookin good
Old 03-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (scion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bigwally9876 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>
thx for doing it
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by em1allday &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

do yur basic maintnace spark plugs wires etc. if you got that down my best bang for the buck was a light weight flywheel </TD></TR></TABLE>
ill do a tune up in a bit, lightened flywheel is a must
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMThoughts &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If he has all the bolt ons, then drop cams in or go forced induction. Dropping cams in should provide a big edge on him.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah fi is too much hp and i dont need much just 30 or so, so id probaly get itr or ctr cams and parts
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mcvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Black EM1s are slick, I never get tired of looking at them

The only things I don't like about yours is the fogs and the muffer....it sits/hangs kinda funny

Good find though!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>
fogs will be tinted, muffler was fixed ill post a pic in a bit tommarow
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nix94delsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">we have the same strutbars =P

nice car!</TD></TR></TABLE>
nice, what car do u have
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondamilitiaeg6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">like everyone has been saying, those fog lights are funny looking on the car. the suspension is ok, it would be better with a full coilover suspension like tein or skunk2 pro c's... and if you really want some power out of that motor, get some cams and valvesprings/retainers, and an ITR header and you will **** on your buddies civic all day.</TD></TR></TABLE>
no joke, but like i said the fogs will be TINTED black ha, deff will get some cams, a built valvetrain and a header
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by scion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lookin good</TD></TR></TABLE>
u too SCION?