Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My FRAME LOCK REVIEW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My FRAME LOCK REVIEW!!!

My review is they are ****** Amazing. I didn't buy them but I made my own custum ones. they look different but they work the same way. I cannot believe the difference, the guy who invented them was a genius. I cannot but into words how GREAT they are I think EVERYONE, EVERYONE should have them. They are the absolute the best mod I did to my suspension. Yeah I put on a 99 si rear sway bar 3 weeks ago and I felt the difference but when I put these one I felt Like I was in a race car. The front end doesn't squat at all, you ALL NOW WHEN you turn left the right front end squats and when you turn right the left side squats, but now ITS ALL ****** GONE. My car is really low, so when I hit a bump turning my wheel scraps the fender but thats ok. When I finished working on it last night I went on the truway on a couple of sharp, and sweet turns man I was in complete control. Now my suspension is done, its all i ever wanted. I swear after the first couple of turns I wanted to pull over on the shoulder and jerk off, Its that amazing. Now that I believe that they actually work I would have bought them, like if someone had them and i test drove their car, I would with out a doubt buy them, but i made my own so I will stick with them. I'm telling you guys do this mod, you will be speech, you might even jizz in your pants. You"ll feel the difference as if you went from a D16 to a B16. DO IT, GO ORDER THEM ASAP. STOP WAHT YOU ARE DOING AND GO ORDER THEM. I now I used alot of profanity but I hope they keep this up so as a review. I mean whatever I do to my car i first do a 1 month search for pros and cons on the mod. But this one took me 2 weeks. Not to many came up on my searches. I just wish i had more to say, they are great, my suspension consists of

arospeed coilovers
RED shocks
ingalls front camber kit
si rear sway bar
front strut tower bar
custom rear strut tower bar
"THE BEST MOD" custom frame locks.

Know that my suspension is done my next mod is putting a Jackson Racing Supercharger On my JDM 2nd Gen B16a.

GET THE FRAME LOCKS YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2004, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: My FRAME LOCK REVIEW!!! (hondadriver)

Disclaimer: The preceding was a paid testimonial.
J/K lol. Guess they worked out o.k. for you, huh?
Old 10-03-2004, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My FRAME LOCK REVIEW!!! (b19coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b19coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Disclaimer: The preceding was a paid testimonial.
J/K lol. Guess they worked out o.k. for you, huh?</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol seriously
Old 10-03-2004, 10:30 AM

how diid u make urs?
Old 10-03-2004, 10:35 AM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondadriver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I swear after the first couple of turns I wanted to pull over on the shoulder and jerk off, Its that amazing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's fucken disturbing.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:36 AM

Default Re: (m3dia_lab)

where can you buy these godly Frame Locks at??? and what kind of cost are we looking at?
Old 10-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (opkjoblacsh)

How did you make your own? got any pics?
Old 10-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Some how i knew that these frames locks where going to get imitated. Just like the D.I.Y. C-pillar and trunk braces.
Old 10-03-2004, 12:52 PM

Default Re: (opkjoblacsh)

http://www.korbachperformance.com

Ordered mine already - can't wait to get them installed. Look out for my review in a few weeks.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (derspi)

your suspension isnt done untill you lose those aerospeed coilovers.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (second edition)

See now this is a normal forum, i posted my review at another forum and I got the most retarted, most handicapped responses. And i do plan on loosing the coilovers, but for know they are good, i like the adjustabilty of them. I now that there are other more expensive coilover sleeves, but can you tell me one that i can buy that will ride really nice, I kind of do but don't want just springs.

And I went to Home Depot and bout some "L" shaped steel and made them. My Welding is not beautifull but it got the job done. But I think its one of the best suspension mods on the market.......
Old 10-03-2004, 01:41 PM

Default Re: (hondadriver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondadriver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">See now this is a normal forum, i posted my review at another forum and I got the most retarted, most handicapped responses. And i do plan on loosing the coilovers, but for know they are good, i like the adjustabilty of them. I now that there are other more expensive coilover sleeves, but can you tell me one that i can buy that will ride really nice, I kind of do but don't want just springs.

And I went to Home Depot and bout some "L" shaped steel and made them. My Welding is not beautifull but it got the job done. But I think its one of the best suspension mods on the market.......</TD></TR></TABLE>

Look at your spelling... that's why... and most of the people here are thinking that you bought the korbach product and don't realize that you welded crap to your car.

This is what I like to call a placebo. It's like when you were younger and you thought you had a cold until your mom gave you a vitamin C and then suddenly you felt all better.
Old 10-03-2004, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (revolution8k)

Why do you have to jumps on my ***** over the spelling does it really bother you. I mean what the **** is going through your. I didn't post for your ****** opinion back, or about having to fix or point out my spelling errors you stupid young son of a bitch. Who the **** are. Are you another stupid **** that goes around forums and tries to raise there number of posts. What the **** is wrong with you, Its NO BODY'S fault you were abused as a kid. AND YOU STUPID MOTHER ******* ****** , I never posted that I bought the KORBACH kit. it clearly says that I made my own, obviously when other posters say " how did you make them??" means that they read my post and understand what i wrote.. So now one but your ******* RETARED *** thinks that I bought the product. And if what I made works and I feel a huge difference, then I didn't just weld crap to my car. CRAP, you son of a bitch!, are jealous? Why do you have so much anger for me, because I wanna let people know that frame loacks are a good idea. Why do you post this stupid ****. You totally fucked yourself up on this one becasue you wanna look cool, well you take your mother ******* Dodge Caravan with a Apexi muffler to anther site. And Don't ever post again, you DUMB **** ****** *** BRAINLESS MOTHER ******!!
Old 10-03-2004, 02:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondadriver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I mean what the **** is going through your.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haaaaaaahahahahahhahaaha you're hilarious dude.

You posted this as a review, this is a board to ask advice and express opinions. It is not my problem you can't take criticism. PS I didn't attack your spelling, people on hondaswap attacked your spelling. Try to settle down here, I'd take you MUCH more seriously if you didn't get all defensive and start attacking me. But yeah, you got me, I signed up on thsi board 6 months ago, and now that my post count is a whopping 10 posts I have the most ever.

All I've done is point out your lack of maturity and the fact that what you did to your car more than likely didn't do jack crap. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Nobody asked you to post your horribly written crappy review with no pictures or how-to's associated with it. All you did was go sweep around on backroads endangering yourself and others to "review" your cheap modification. Wow. Intelligence at it's finest.
Old 10-03-2004, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

revolution8k's response is whats called "constructive criticism" (more or less)

Your response is way over the line, buck up, quit acting like a child. sheesh.

Old 10-03-2004, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Erod)

Yeah your right it didn't do jack ****, YOUR RIGHT "revolution8k" it didn't do anything! can't get anything by you, you now whats best. "revolution8k said""Nobody asked me to post it" I didn't wait for the question, usually what happens is people put a mod or some mods on there car and they come to forums like these to inform other people about there experience with that product and thats what I did, BUT I made my own, and let me tell you, it worked, I mean wow its amazing, WAIT, WAIT, WAIT I mean its crap becasue revolution8k said so.
-Lack ofMaturity: HHMMM well maybe me saying you will jizz your pants once you drive with these on, that might be alittle immature. But I said that because I was extremely happy with the difference, if you don't believe me thats your problem.
-Horribly written crappy review: Well maybe getting Frame Locks is not whats,on your mind. Maybe DICK is who Knows?? maybe one day when you put something on your car or even make some thing you can write a better one. But who the **** are to tell me its crappy, why is it crappy, because you don't have them, maybe you don't have the brain capacity to try make them on your own, or is because you have no life and like to post stupid **** until the post gets locked. HUH?

You have no idea WHAT I made and HOW i made it, so don't ****** judge my skills or judge the outcome. Maybe my idea is 10 times better and safer then the product they sell, BUT you don't now that for a fact because you weren't there when I made them so shut the **** up. If you made something I wouldn't come on here and say its crap. Just do me a favor, and everyone else one please don't ever post again unless it pertains to you or you know something about the topic.

Old 10-03-2004, 03:57 PM

these fit the 96+hatch also or just the coupe?
Old 10-03-2004, 04:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (kaptr1d)

Its for all 96-00 Civics.

And to hondadriver, I think if you just stopped trying to defend yourself and you home made frame locks, revolution8k would stop as well. Just a suggestion though.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:39 PM

You're right, I don't know what you made or how you made it... but for that matter, do you?

Are you a honda engineer, or a chassis engineer of any sort for that matter? Do you know anything about chassis engineering? do you know the weak points of a Honda chassis? How did you make them? Do you have any pictures showing what you did? Do you have a clear, concise, well written write up on what you did? No, I'm sorry but you do not... you simply state they are ******* amazing and you can suddenly take corners faster!!!

I still don't even believe Korbach's product works, and if it does it is at most a minimal gain in corning ability.

There is nothing more than a write up from a customer who got it for 1/4 price on what they think it is supposed to do, and one from the company on what it is supposed to do on their site. I've yet to see any professional drivers, people who autoX regularly, or even any car magazine reviews on these products. So what makes you think I'm going to believe some schmuck with 100 posts on some internet board who's done nothing but curse like mad at me for having an opposing opinion?

To sum it up:
Your backroad excursions don't mean anything without real world numbers.

Before you recommend someone spend over 200 dollars on some pieces of metal, you need to see real skippad numbers before vs skippad numbers after your installation... well at least I do.

With your ongoing posts on this board and hondaswap I just cannot put any faith behind your "review" simply because of the language and attitude you've shown towards the people who have criticized you, constructive or not.

With that being said, I don't want everyone to listen to me. I'm not an engineer, I'm just a skeptical person to a new product which is YET to be proven.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hondadriver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">-Horribly written crappy review: Well maybe getting Frame Locks is not whats,on your mind. Maybe DICK is who Knows?? maybe one day when you put something on your car or even make some thing you can write a better one. But who the **** are to tell me its crappy, why is it crappy, because you don't have them, maybe you don't have the brain capacity to try make them on your own, or is because you have no life and like to post stupid **** until the post gets locked. HUH? Just do me a favor, and everyone else one please don't ever post again unless it pertains to you or you know something about the topic.</TD></TR></TABLE>

As for this. It was crappy because it's a biased opinion, it's not a "review."

Seriously read it again.... "My review is they are ****** Amazing."

That tells me absolutely nothing. You talk about brain capacity, look at your last few posts and then try to own me with the intelligence arguement again.

If you're happy with your new found modification, fine. But next time don't try to tell me they work without a real, unbiased true review.
Old 10-03-2004, 05:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

<FONT SIZE="7"><FONT COLOR="red">BURN!</FONT></FONT>
Old 10-04-2004, 01:09 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by revolution8k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I still don't even believe Korbach's product works, and if it does it is at most a minimal gain in corning ability. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I can see your point and of course, your skepticism. I too am skeptical but I don't mind spending it this time and giving it a try. There is that 30-day satisfaction return policy supposedly. I also don't see how a mod NECESSARILY has to put up "better numbers." Handling is not always about numbers. Sure there's skidpad grip but handling, to an extent, is subjective and highly dependent on the driver. Chassis dynamics is so much more than just how many Gs you can pull or how fast you can complete the slalom. There are a lot of modified cars as well as stock cars that can outgrip and outslalom a 3-series Bimmer but what makes the Bimmer special just doesn't show in the numbers. It just "feels" better in the corners even though it may not be putting up the best numbers. I am skeptical in Korbach's claims but I am hopeful. I dont sugarcoat things and I'm not about to start now.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:14 AM

Hey really I would like to see some pictures of what yours looks like. I wanted to make my own and see how it works because regaurdless of how much money it took them to engineer these locks I cant see spending 250 for 10 tops of steel. I have a welder so I dont need their stick bolts or whatever they are trying to say. So if you can take a couple of pics that would be cool, Im sure there are a few other members on here as well that would not try to bash you for your DIY locks. **** the haters
Old 10-04-2004, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I'm honda driver and I approve this message"

I'm suprised you welded l brackets and somehow you're vouching for the frame locks korbach sells...
kinda odd.

i'm surprised you didn't write:
"OMG WTF !!! I put these jdm locks on my car and I gots mad drifting style tight y0!"
Old 10-04-2004, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You made your own custom frame locks and now you are vouching for frame locks. This is pretty interesting. I'd like to see these custom frame locks you made on your car. Pictures speak thousands of words. If you don't have pictures, especially for a custom case like yours, its very hard to justify that you did anything to your car and have noticed any difference.

Get some pics, stop the defending, show that you actually have them at the very least so you have some merit to begin with.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My FRAME LOCK REVIEW!!! (HypeR0070)

Wow, these are some high quality posts! Keep 'em coming!

The Korbach kit looks really nice. I'm going to make my own, and if I notice a difference, then I'll be buying the korbachs, as the are engineer to fold under certain impact forces. The Korbach kit is a well thought out and developed kit that sisn't going to be cheaply matched. However, if your R&Dless DIY locks work, you can guess that the Korbachs work that much better.

I'm not vouching for either yet. The concept seems sound to me though.

Quick Reply: My FRAME LOCK REVIEW!!!