Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My ECU is throwing code 14 - "BARO Sensor (Atmospheric Pressure)" - *** Continued... ***

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My ECU is throwing code 14 - "BARO Sensor (Atmospheric Pressure)" - *** Continued... ***

Refer to thread https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=116432

Anyway, put a new ECU in the car finally... I've been busy with school and work but anyway I put it in, everything looked fine until today when I left for work. I couldn't believe the check engine light was on again, blah. Anyway time to check the other end...

So my question (since I have yet to buy the manual for my car) is where is this sensor or plug on the motor? Help!

PS :: Thanks in advance!
Old 02-25-2002, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My ECU is throwing code 14 - "BARO Sensor (Atmospheric Pressure)" - *** Continued... *** (Lo_Pha

in some hondas code 14 is the highest number code to have. there are only 14 codes i mean and they will only set one code at a time. if you have multiple codes just for example code 4,6,11,14, the ecu will only flash the highest code. the same thing happened in my prelude. it flashed code 14 for the PA sensor and i chased it to no end and i finally found out that the map sensor and tps sensor and the PA sensor were all acting up at the same time. I thougth that it might be a bad ecu but i searched a little bit farther and found out that the pins on the ecu plug were loose. I used a small pick and tightened the connection up and it has been fine ever since. So just check the connection to your ecu first, you may find the problem there.
Good luck! just my 2 cents
Old 02-25-2002, 06:02 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My ECU is throwing code 14 - "BARO Sensor (Atmospheric Pressure)" - *** Continued... *** (Lo_Pha

in some hondas code 14 is the highest number code to have. there are only 14 codes i mean and they will only set one code at a time. if you have multiple codes just for example code 4,6,11,14, the ecu will only flash the highest code. the same thing happened in my prelude. it flashed code 14 for the PA sensor and i chased it to no end and i finally found out that the map sensor and tps sensor and the PA sensor were all acting up at the same time. I thougth that it might be a bad ecu but i searched a little bit farther and found out that the pins on the ecu plug were loose. I used a small pick and tightened the connection up and it has been fine ever since. So just check the connection to your ecu first, you may find the problem there.
Good luck! just my 2 cents
thats not true on an obdI gsr ecu.. we hooked the wrong wire up while doing the pinouts for a b18c1 swap in my friends car and it threw out about 6 codes, it would repeat all of them in a cycle..
Old 02-26-2002, 03:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

According to just about every website I've seen, not to mention the Helms manual, a code 14 is for the Idle Air Control Valve. This was mentioned by HX_Guy in the thread you linked us to in your initial post.

And I'm not sure about Preludes, but for Civics & Integras, the ECU will surely throw out more than one code....not just the higher one as eluded to earlier here.

Whats your setup anyway?