Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

my ebay kitted 2000 4dr with ls swap.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my ebay kitted 2000 4dr with ls swap.

well as some of you knwo I've been looking at boosting my civic, well it's done. I still need to get it dyno tuned, but it's on a street tune right now, so it's not too bad. but I thought id share some pictures for you guys and gals.

I know the charge piping is close to my downpipe, I'm going to be wrapping my downpipe with exhaust wrap soon.

im sure some will hate, otehrs will like the setup, but i do what i can with what i got. the car is fun as **** to drive, and thats all i can ask for.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: my ebay kitted 2000 4dr with ls swap.

Looks good. Once its tuned. Let us know how much HP at what psi it put down .

And give us an update in 10k, to see how the turbo is performing. The cast manifold looks really good.

There is always hate for ebay kits, but sometimes you get lucky and you get a good product for cheap.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good man! How long did it take to do the entire install?
Old 04-14-2010, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looks good bro, i was actually thinking of getting one of those myself..... is it good quality
Old 04-14-2010, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You might want to look at getting a filter for that turbo... hate for something to fly into it

also look at eventually replacing that wastegate as ebay ones are prone to boost spike

i havent had any problems with my ebay intercooler and piping or BOV ( although i upgraded ot a tial) ... turbo isnt the greatest look at that as a upgrade in the near future in case this one takes a **** on you

What size turbo is it?
Old 04-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the love guys, the kit really impresses me, its my 3rd ebay kit, and by far the best overall. i had to do some modding to the downpipe, but nothing serious, after its all said and done it took me about 4 hours from start to finish, as for the weak points, i know the oils seals LOVE to go in the ching chong turbos, so i have a set of garrett oil seals on order, i did that with my last ebay turbo and it lasted me 12k miles until i sold the car. the wastegate is much better then my last, but i do know waht you mean baout them loving to go, they cant stand the heat over time. so the next on my list is def to replace that. i got this kit jsut to get rolling with the boost on this project, and im going to be addressing the weakpoints as i go along,

i will be getting dyno tuned hopefully in two months, but my afr right now is 12.5 so im content with dailying this until dyno day. but one thing i cant stress enough, is PLEASE if any of you see this thread, and decide to get an ebay kit, please have some knowledge of how things work and the ability to customize, cuz no kit on ebay is 100% bolt up. and run an oil restrictor!

as for the intake, i actually have one, but im jsut going to do the old put a window screen over it and tclamp that to cover up any debris, as you see its a 150 dolalr turbo, so i dont really care if it eats a few pieces of sand, however, you bet your asses when i get a real turbo that thing wont see a spec of dirt.

as for the size, the company claims it to be a 57 trim, but its smaller then that, i would be on the safe side and claim it to be a 50 trim t3/t4
Old 05-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well heres a little ripper video, its nothing special, hope yous enjoy it.

YouTube - b18 turbo w/ ebay kit on 9psi
Old 05-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

link to which kit? i dont trust them yet i was thinking at getting one if i get another civic.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i bought it from a user named ilovetacotaco. his customer service is remarkable as well.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is your afr at WOT 12.5? if so, i would be careful beating on it because thats running on the lean side

im guessing your untuned? if your broke... the last thing you should do is boost your dd your gonna blow those rings real quick regardless of how much boost or ho your runnning

not ragging on your build because i use to have an ebay turbo kit...just looking out for you in the meantime i would run a vafc hack to help out with fuel if you cant make it to the dyno yet

btw turbo looks bigger than my garret 50 trim looks like an ebay 57 i use to run
Old 05-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry i put down my afr in another forum, its at 11.0. if you look at my down pipe i bunged it for a wideband i borrowed. which is now my 02 sensor location, but yea, im running pretty rich so im not worried about it, im not gonna blow it....persay... but i know if it does blow up, it wont be from being rich. itll be from me driving it like a honda should be driven <33 but yea man thanks for the lookout, i appreciate that, if i could rep you, i would.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 99EeeKay
if i could rep you, i would.
i have no idea what that means...lol

11.0 is running rich .. im tuned at 11.3 i thought that was rich!

it should make decent power with that setup once you get tuned and start leaning it out a bit

ebay kits are what they are... cheap but you can make decent power on them as long as you understand the possible consequences of them

i blew the seals off the ebya turbo i had after about 3k miles... thing still pulled hard as a **** and smoked liek one too

btw.. what part of jersey you from?
Old 05-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im from souhish, im 5 mins from camden, 10 mins from teh walt whitman bridge
Old 05-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep this thread updated!

I'm sure many people (definitely including me) would be interested to see how your ebay experience goes. If it goes well, it might help some people with figuring out what ebay stuff works decently.

Evidence of horrible ebay turbo experiences can be found all over the place but its rare to find someone who has had a few ebay systems AND had pretty good luck with them.

I wish you the best of luck with this. Hopefully it gets tuned soon.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 99EeeKay
im from souhish, im 5 mins from camden, 10 mins from teh walt whitman bridge
im out in cherry hill during the summer DE right now
Old 05-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bwill9886
Keep this thread updated!

I'm sure many people (definitely including me) would be interested to see how your ebay experience goes. If it goes well, it might help some people with figuring out what ebay stuff works decently.

Evidence of horrible ebay turbo experiences can be found all over the place but its rare to find someone who has had a few ebay systems AND had pretty good luck with them.

I wish you the best of luck with this. Hopefully it gets tuned soon.
wastegates and turbos usually go first.... the cast manifolds and BOV work well i bought a tial and the only difference i noticed was the noise 250 bucks later
Old 05-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey man, clean car. I like it. As said there's been a lot of people that have had bad luck with the EBAY Turbo parts but there's probably been quite a few out there that have had pretty good success with them, The negative comments are posted more than positive experiences.

I do have a question about the Turbos, when you guys say that the Turbos are usually the first thing to go..what happens to them? Do they just get a lot of shaft play or do they actually grenade? If its shaft play couldn't you rebuild it with Garrett parts and have a reliable Turbo? Sorry if any of this sounds stupid, just trying to develop a knowledge of what usually goes wrong when something does with this Ebay turbos.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by azandford
wastegates and turbos usually go first.... the cast manifolds and BOV work well i bought a tial and the only difference i noticed was the noise 250 bucks later
Same as I've heard/seen with the WG and Turbo. Hell, some of those turbos literally can come unseemed (or whatever you wanna call it) and become two pieces!

Some of the manifolds you have to be careful with (thin walls or bad welds), but as long as you can verify that its made right most should work just fine.

Originally Posted by Matt93eg
Hey man, clean car. I like it. As said there's been a lot of people that have had bad luck with the EBAY Turbo parts but there's probably been quite a few out there that have had pretty good success with them, The negative comments are posted more than positive experiences.

I do have a question about the Turbos, when you guys say that the Turbos are usually the first thing to go..what happens to them? Do they just get a lot of shaft play or do they actually grenade? If its shaft play couldn't you rebuild it with Garrett parts and have a reliable Turbo? Sorry if any of this sounds stupid, just trying to develop a knowledge of what usually goes wrong when something does with this Ebay turbos.
Like I said before, some can come apart on ya (check the forced induction forum)! Of course, there are others that just have bad seals or internals. Some of these can be rebuilt, but its usually just better to spend your money on a nicer one or buy one from a friend/trusted source.

Last edited by Bwill9886; 05-22-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very nice man. AFR Gauges always tend to amuse me... especially when I'm high. But I like it and I thought that car wash looked familiar.

I live out in the Marlton/Medford area.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

COOL! who cares what people say. as long as it's fun and you're happy. my buddy's running an ebay 50 trim on his gsr eg. daily driven and reliable as ever at 9 psi putting down 300whp.

kudos to you.

***saving thread for future reference***
Old 05-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

car is running nice for being untuned and a 4dr. i would like to go turbo since my oil pan is already tapped for boost because the engine was boosted before i bought it. btw its also a ls and the compression test is amazing. 199 199 198 197. those are good numbers but anyways. how much did you spend on the boost kit? and how much faster is it actually making the car move? from the looks of the speed moving it seems like its not that big of a turbo.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It been a while i haven't seen a 4 door turbo civic...
Old 05-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by burnykawizzle
car is running nice for being untuned and a 4dr.
It is street tuned, not untuned. Untuned is a HUGE difference from a street tune. And what would it being a 4 door have anything to do with how it runs?

OP that is one of the nicest ebay kits i have ever seen, very nice install. Keep us updated with your numbers when you hit the dyno.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

forced... no matter what i say your always copy and pasting what i put... stop riding my peener
Old 05-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by burnykawizzle
forced... no matter what i say your always copy and pasting what i put... stop riding my peener
stop posting stupid ****. problem solved.

Quick Reply: my ebay kitted 2000 4dr with ls swap.