Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My car is on the road again!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car is on the road again!

After months of crap and hassles the EK hatch is officially back in action. It feels great to drive it. There is still some bugs to work out and parts to break in... but its driving! This site definately aided in everyway possible. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2002, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My car is on the road again! (slowasshatch)

I know how ya feel... my car has been out of comission for over 10 months. The engine is JUST now being put back together.

Congrats! Feels damn good dont it.

-Nick-
Old 09-20-2002, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My car is on the road again! (Tommyxcum)

YAY!!! Want a ****ie??
Is that a racial slur?
Old 09-21-2002, 03:23 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

So what was wrong with the car or what was being done to have it out of comission for so long?
Old 09-21-2002, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My car is on the road again! (B18C5-EH2)

So what was wrong with the car or what was being done to have it out of comission for so long?
Long story...I had an Ls/vtec in the hatch and decided I wanted to sell it, but no one would pay what I wanted with the swap so I took it out to put a stock motor back in there(Iwas planning on putting the ls/vtec in and eg or ef). The swap didnt go well at all, nothing would work right. Then to top that off my friend that was doing the swap backed into it and destroyed the driverside of my hatch. He gave up on it so I took it up to the local Honda guru's shop(Shannon at A-Autoworks) and there was a body shop right next to his shop. I went on vacation for a couple of weeks while they were doing the body work and trying to get the motor to work. I came back and Shannon said the motor took a crap and wasnt worht fixing(Great!). So I decided to cut my losses and put the ls/vtec back in, but I had already sold my tranny so I had to locate another one. It took a couple of weeks to find one but right when I found one some kid offered t trade me his car for my longblock (88 hatch with zc swap). When you havent had a car for a month deals like that look pretty good, and that would give me time to figure out what the hell i wanted to do with the EK. So i did that and had the EK towed back to my house and thereit sat for two months. Then I put the ZC hatch up for sale. PeloTudo on here was interested so I met him in orlando so he could check it out. He liked it and we met up the next day so e could buy it and what do you know...Irearended someone in the rain...with PeloTudo in the car! He ended up still buying it at a reduced price.I then bought a crx from Nighthunt6 for $200 so I could get homethat night(and around for the next few days)And that started my motor swap project again. I put together a y7 block,z6head,EX tranny combo with some bolt-ons and plans of boost. There are actually MORE twist in the story but Im over talking about them. Heres the car I traded the ls/vtec for http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...EzZGZkMzF5NTQx
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/we...EzZGZkMzF5NTQx
Old 09-21-2002, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

congrats...neither one of my cars run. My EX should be back on the road on friday.
Old 09-21-2002, 11:48 PM

GOD DAMN! If I lived in florida I'd buy you like 5 cases man that sucks ***! Good to hear your ek is up and going now! Hope it stays that way for a long time. Good people like PeloTudo who stil bought the car make your life just that much easier... You should mad thank him dood Good Luck with your future plans
Old 09-22-2002, 01:38 AM

Default Re: My car is on the road again! (iviZeRoCooLivi)

Dude bad luck but glad you are back on the road
Old 09-22-2002, 01:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My car is on the road again! (Extreme_Hybrid_Hatch)

Thanks. Its Soooo nice to be driving the EK again. A few more weeks and it should be better than before.