Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My car just gotten broken into....

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car just gotten broken into....

it happened around 1 to 6 at loyd center mall.... They try to hot wire my car, but it didn't work... so they decided to steal my deck and other stuff. The job looked SOO easy they just bent my window a lil, but w/e.... how do i keep this from not happening again... i ment i hid my whole ******* deck under my seat...... and i have a shitty alarm and they cut that too..... soo should i just get a nice alarm that will page me? idk wtf to do man... just ******* pissed.. and its a SI too...with no badge cause i ripped it off to keep it looking like a regular civic
Old 06-09-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: My car just gotten broken into.... (Projectjdm4)

i'd just get a better alarm bro thats about all you can do about this
Old 06-09-2007, 04:57 PM

but which would be a good alarm?
Old 06-09-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: (Projectjdm4)

viper makes great alarms which is what i personally have.. it's a 791xv pretty cheap... with remote start, turbo timer, 2-way paging i enjoy it and it serves its purpose
Old 06-09-2007, 05:05 PM

whats the difference between the Viper 791xv and Viper 791xvr?
Old 06-09-2007, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

make sure the place where you install it is legit. There are couple stories here that said cars got stolen after alarm install.

i had a really good friend/store put mine in. He wraped all the wires in electirical tape as well as bonded it with other wires so you cant tell which wire is which. Along with that he hid the brain in a place that you CANNOT get to without riping apart the whole car.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:15 PM

thanks i'll keep that in mind but where is a good place to buy alarms cheap cause like the vipers i posted up there are like 400 to 500 at best buy hella crazy
Old 06-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in this case, i don't think alarms are something you want to cheap out on. Think, you got lucky this time, but imagine if your car was gone. I can't imagine stealing someone else's hard earned work, but whatever, they don't care. Look here, https://honda-tech.com/zeroforum/27 look at the stickies.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i know in the alarm forum . . . they talk about window sensitive alarms . .
Old 06-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Another way to deter thieves is to make your interior look like there's nothing in it.

Take the deck faceplate off. clean up the car. and make it look normal.

No flashy Vtec Controller or anything.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Glass breakage
Since it is pretty easy to smash a door window w/out triggering a shock sensor, companies came up with a better method of detection. Glass breakage sensors typically employ a microphone listening for the frequency of breaking glass (or the sound of keys rapping on glass). Very effective at detecting intrusion, and rarely causes false alarms. Requires very little adjustment. Recommend the DEI 506T. Use this sensor or a motion sensor, but not both.</TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1794938

good luck man.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: My car just gotten broken into.... (LwdJdmR)

As far as security goes, there's little difference between the Viper 350 and the Viper 791. With the 791 you're paying for two way paging and remote start. But you can get two way paging w/out the remote start (Viper 5002) and it's much cheaper to install.

Look at the site in my sig for how to secure you car.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:14 PM
B A N N E D

really tho an alarm is an alarm.. as long as you have a hood trigger, door triggers, trunk trigger, shock sensor, and a air horn hooked up to your alarm horn. you will need a relay and a flasher to make this work but its very worth it. my car always used to get broken in to. but ever since i did this, they still try, buttttttt, they never get away with anything. the air horn is so loudddddd... it will scare anyone away. only bad thing is, it is pretty annoying at night if someone was to set off your alarm. but good luck with whatever you do.

one thing you should keep in mind tho.. if you have this hooked up.. at night time, you will hear your alarm from 2 to 3 blocks away.. depending on how big your neighborhood blocks are... this can be a good thing but can also be a very bad thing...
Old 06-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Definitely get an alarm with the 2 way pager...it's a lifesaver!

What's more important than the alarm is actually the installation. For a situation like this, also make sure that there is a motion sensor as well--since he didn't pound anything, the motion sensor would detect something being pryed into your car.

Congrats that you still have your car, man! I would make the investment fast if that happened to me!
Old 06-09-2007, 06:30 PM
B A N N E D

i have a pager alarm also.. they are cool but pretty useless if you ask me.. having a super loud horn is alot better and cheaper then a pager alarm.. louder horn scares them off.. pager alarm lets you know when your car is being messed with, butttttt... most of the times they will be done taking your car or whatever they was trying to take by the time you come out from where you at.. lets say you at the mall, most pager alarms dont page you no more when you are about halfway thru the mall.. its like when you need it most the pager wont reach that far.. when you dont need it, like when you are at home or at a friends house, it do page you buttt, wouldnt you hear your alarm at the same time??? so whats the used of a pager alarm?? ive had many different pager alarms, viper, clifford (also made by dei so same as viper), compustar, and some generic ones.. and they all work the exact same.. i say stick with a regular cheaper alarm and make sure they install a hood trigger.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:57 PM

the question is should i get somone pro out of the stores to do it? or have like best buy or some other place to install it?
Old 06-09-2007, 07:11 PM

Caught someone trying to break into my civic once, but he got stopped by the greatest deterent ever............. really big dog in the back seat. lol

In your case, a good alarm would work nicely
Old 06-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive recommended Best buy for installs before, and id like to again.
Both my moms and my car had out remote starts/alarms installed there.
Super nice installers.
free install with purchase. warranty.
Nice experiance.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dat suxx dude but seriously look into a viper and or any other alarm of your choice then look into the following as this is my setup and has not been messed with nor touched since the install.

1. Get a Alarm... Ensure that it is a stealth install and not right under the Dash. First place ****'s look at.

2.Look into Piezo sirens... I personally have two installed under the dash by the driver and passenger side.

3. Tilt and Glass Breakage or Motion Sensors.... If you get the DEI motion sensor you might wanna cut the green wire to disable the damn two stage chirp. It gets really annoying.

4. Request that the lil flashing light not be installed... This lil light might let would be thiefs plan alil more instead of being surprised and fleeing.

5. Kill Swithes... Very easy install and it WORKS !!

6. Ignition Kill or starter kill and or both.... My alarm for instance disables the starter and i have to basically disable the alarm to start the car.

7. Ask your installer to disable the chrips when arming and disarming... Once again the less obvious you have an alarm the more of a surprise.

Ahhh... hope this is enuff and it helps

Modified by uneek360 at 12:44 AM 6/10/2007
Old 06-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (uneek360)

Wow, some great info...with some tactics that I never would have thought of!
Old 06-09-2007, 08:47 PM
B A N N E D

in my opinion... any one can install your alarm.. professional or someone at your local car audio place, best buy whatever.. as long as you get a hood trigger installed that will slow them down.. most standard alarm will have starter kill already but if it dont then ask them to do it.. and hood trigger is pretty important.. without that, they can just open your hood form the outside and unplug your alarm horn or battery... some ppl think hood trigger is a waste of money because b4 they open your hood they have to open your door, which will set off your alarm. butttt, almost all cars have the hood cable ran inside the fender well, which means you can open your hood from outside of car. but i say the best thing to do is to have a super loud horn, an airhorn like me would work really good. its cheap and very effective.. 20 bucks for the airhorn, 4 for a relay, and anoth maybe 5 bucks for a flasher... i can hear my alarm from 2-3 blocks easily...
Old 06-09-2007, 08:50 PM
B A N N E D

and one thing about what someone else said, not installing the blinking light. i used to do this also. cause if they dont see an alarm light theyll think you dont have one so they just try to open door then alarm will go off. but not all cars windows can be pulled out to unlock. so if you have a newer car, like my civic, the windows cant be flexed out so if there is no alarm light, they will just stick a screw driver in the door handle and mess it up. then youll have to fix it and get it painted. i rather have someone try to pop the hood open and alarm goes off then have someone try to peel the door open. cause then ill have to get it fixed and painted. which costs alot more.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:57 PM

confused... so have a blinking alarm light or no?
Old 06-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (12secferio)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 12secferio &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in my opinion... any one can install your alarm.. professional or someone at your local car audio place, best buy whatever.. as long as you get a hood trigger installed that will slow them down.. most standard alarm will have starter kill already but if it dont then ask them to do it.. and hood trigger is pretty important.. without that, they can just open your hood form the outside and unplug your alarm horn or battery... some ppl think hood trigger is a waste of money because b4 they open your hood they have to open your door, which will set off your alarm. butttt, almost all cars have the hood cable ran inside the fender well, which means you can open your hood from outside of car. but i say the best thing to do is to have a super loud horn, an airhorn like me would work really good. its cheap and very effective.. 20 bucks for the airhorn, 4 for a relay, and anoth maybe 5 bucks for a flasher... i can hear my alarm from 2-3 blocks easily...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I forgot to add Back up battery and re-route the hood cable instead of it running by the fender you can route this line in the actual engine compartment. One thing that i also did was disable the shock sensor , being that the odds of someone actually hitting the car to try to get in will be slim to none. Instead the alarm will be going off every time someone with a loud muffler, music, etc. passes by. Remember most alarms come with this nuisance feature which will disable the siren for an hour or so if the same section has trigged the alarm. As for the lil flashing light to each his own... I prefer to keep my car then to not have one... Even though no alarm is 100% secure... Tow trucks lol
Old 06-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Boost_V)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Projectjdm4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it happened around 1 to 6 at loyd center mall.... They try to hot wire my car, but it didn't work... so they decided to steal my deck and other stuff. The job looked SOO easy they just bent my window a lil, but w/e.... how do i keep this from not happening again... i ment i hid my whole ******* deck under my seat...... and i have a shitty alarm and they cut that too..... soo should i just get a nice alarm that will page me? idk wtf to do man... just ******* pissed.. and its a SI too...with no badge cause i ripped it off to keep it looking like a regular civic</TD></TR></TABLE>

There's nothing you really can do.

One of the perks of owning a honda, kid.

You can try one of those super pager alarm deals but in all honesty if you're at a mall or something by the time it goes off the car will be gone or the pple who break in will be gone by the time u get out there.

Hondas are one of America's most widely stolen cars for a reason.

Quick Reply: My car just gotten broken into....