Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My car got stolen! Boston, MA

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car got stolen! Boston, MA

My car got stolen last night(Sunday, 03/14/35) from Charles Street and Boylston between Boston Garden and Boston Commons. It happened between 1:10
AM and 1:15AM. I was with my friend and walking through the Common and my friend said, "hey that sounds like your car" jokingly. We were about 300feet away from my car. As we got view of it, I saw my taillights were on. I was like, "hmmm I left my lights on" then I heard my throttle blip and my car started to pull away. I was like, what the *** and I froze. The guy gunned my car down all the way down Charles Street and took a left only Beacon. There was another car with them, a mid-ninties red Ford Bronco(I think).

They must have been professinals. I had my ECU in my backpack, on me. They must have had another ECU to run my car.

My car:
92' Civic hatchback, teal. CF hood primered black trunk.
GSR motor, JDM 4-1 header, Apexi N1. Type-R cams. Apexi coilovers. Very distinct thing about my motor is that, the driver side top motor mount are all stripped. The top left hole has a bolt broken in it.

If you see anything for sale in MA or surrounding areas, please PM the link for me to check out.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:06 AM

Default Re: My car got stolen! Boston, MA (SwiftTone)

sorry to hear man post some pics
Old 03-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn man, that sucks. It does sound like they were pros. Hope u get ur car back. Theives suck. Because of this, my car is just a track car, drive to races, drive back. I take it basically nowhere else.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:22 AM

cars stollen every day this is like the 26th one man damn sorry for your lose man
Old 03-14-2005, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My car got stolen! Boston, MA (D-money CX)

I'll keep an eye out, I'm in the area.

Did you have any other security besides ECU?

Old 03-14-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: My car got stolen! Boston, MA (EX_AutoXer)

damn that sucks man.. Hopefully you get it back
Old 03-14-2005, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My car got stolen! Boston, MA (Ls_V_TurboSi)

did you at least give chase?
Old 03-14-2005, 10:35 AM

Damn thats sucks bad! You might need to check out your friends, and you friends buddy. How do they know to bring an ECU with them to start the car? HHMMMMM~ ?
Old 03-14-2005, 10:41 AM

sorry to hear bro.. good luck gettin ur car back.. beat them betches up for stealing it.. damn thieves
Old 03-14-2005, 11:11 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My car got stolen! Boston, MA (impulsetheory)

plymouth here, will be driving threw boston tommrow, up north, got a pic of your civic ?
Old 03-14-2005, 11:15 AM

i fukking hate thieves. thats why i got a multi locks, alarm, car jack, and a club so no one can steal my hatch. anyways i hope u find ur hatch.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: My car got stolen! Boston, MA (Este_Cara)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Este_Cara &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn thats sucks bad! You might need to check out your friends, and you friends buddy. How do they know to bring an ECU with them to start the car? HHMMMMM~ ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I don't think that even professionals just tote around ECUs, I could be wrong though.

I think I would have been running as soon as I saw my taillights. And maybe thrown a brick at the accompanying vehicle or something... sucks that you were soooo close!
Old 03-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My car got stolen! Boston, MA (Aphelion)

bump for a buddie.. sorry for your loss..
Old 03-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My car got stolen! Boston, MA (Aphelion)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Aphelion &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, I don't think that even professionals just tote around ECUs, I could be wrong though.

I think I would have been running as soon as I saw my taillights. And maybe thrown a brick at the accompanying vehicle or something... sucks that you were soooo close!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea, I would think to check your buddies and stuff. It's highly unlikely they would carry an ecu around. Look at some of your more shady buddies and maybe you might find something. Better get on this quick as those theives strip cars quickly. But I hope you find it intact.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:09 PM
'

you mentioned the car was stolen at 1:15Am in the morning. I don't know about Boston but 1:15AM , there should be way less cars on the street right?

i think a simple phone call within seconds to the police and telling them someone just robbed you at gunpoint and stole your car, the police would respond so fast along with a chopper.

the chopper would pick up the car with infared within minutes if you told them the last known location, given the fact that there should be wayyyy less cars out at 1:15AM.

the more extreme you describe your situation to the dispatcher, the more force they bring.

even if the dudes had no gun or guns, you could just say well they were pointing something at me, it was too dark to see..

trust me, i live in socal and one afternoon some psychotic lady on a bicycle went into my garage and stole a shovel. i didn't want to approach her because she looked like she was on drugs, so i was on the phone with the dispatcher...within 5 minutes, i had a helo over my house circling and sheriff's deputy at my door....

5 minutes later, they found the bitch and told me that she just forgot to take her medication...damn that bitch, i wanted to prosecute her.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (l337hxr)

to theives...this is like the 30th one i've read about recently.

good luck man
Old 03-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That sucks monkey's *****. I thought we were relative safe in Boston, guess not. The car will probably turn up in the Dochester/Mattapan area. My buddy's accord was stolen in boston too and it turned up in Dochester. Good luck, bro.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: (EX-JAY)

Im out in Western Mass, a CF hooded/primered trunk lid on a teal Civic would definitely strike my attention out here. Good luck guy!
Old 03-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jlacoy82)

OMG. that sucks, you watched your car get stolen. they had to have been scopein the car to know that you take your ecu.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:26 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (l337hxr)

dont know how it works around your area...but around me ( Lowell ) , even if u called and described the situation...they would probably take their very precious time....i work at a shop and i saw an abandoned 96-98 si with no plates, all spares, and looked like they took the motor cause when we drove by there were no axles under the car...well i called at 10 and they didnt even come til the next day when i had to call them again

well ill keep my eye out for your car though....since its a teal civic with c/f hood on it, it should stick out
Old 03-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (mr_ducksauce)

IF you find him which is probably a 20% chance, get a industrial approved tazer, make contanct with it on his nuts, pull trigger, watch his nuts shoot up his *** on fire. /end revenge
Old 03-14-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Re: (debo*)

My license plate number is 21F G39. The previous owner's plate was in my trunk(havent had a change to give back to him yet) and it is a high possibilty that they switched it with my license plate to avoid cops when they run the plates on my car. The plate number is 27T E29.

I do not have the spoon duckbill spoiler and the front "mugen" spoiler anymore. Also it is on steelies.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SwiftTone)

You buy that car off of tony?
Old 03-14-2005, 08:34 PM

Default Re: (MassScene)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MassScene &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You buy that car off of tony?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes.why?
Old 03-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SwiftTone)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SwiftTone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yes.why?</TD></TR></TABLE> It looked familiar. Plus w/ the money he got from you he bought a car right out from under me!!!!! He didint know or anything but I had the money lined up to buy the car on a certain date and he came up w/ money first. I guess money talks though right?

Quick Reply: My car got stolen! Boston, MA