Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

MY CAR WAS BROKEN INTO (Columbia Mall, MD)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY CAR WAS BROKEN INTO (Columbia Mall, MD)

Well my car was finally tampered with while I was at the mall. However, I could tell it was kids cause of what they stole. Actually they weren't able to get much cause I was walking up to the car, and they saw me and sped away. All they got was my 3 year old pioneer cd player, a bunch of burnt cd's, cut springs in a nuespeed box, and my atlanta falcons hat (can you believe that, it was a used hat). They left my craftsman tools, vafc, and my tach, so I think it was a bunch of dumbasses. However, they broke in by pulling the window off track and poping the lock. What pissed me off most was that they cracked my center bezel and my cup holder, and cut my radio harness, once again they were dumbasses. But they probably would have taken more if I hadnt showed up. So I guess I'm lucky, but it still sucks. This happened in Maryland at Columbia Mall so if you know anything, let me know.

By the way, what do I need to fix my radio harness? Is there a plug I need or can I buy one of those wiring kits?

And I'm seriously thinking of repainting my car a normal color like black so that it doesnt get so much attention. What do you guys think?
Old 05-02-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: MY CAR WAS BROKEN INTO (93gsrcoupe)

at least they didn't break the window

let's hope they get caught before they learn enough about cars to be dangerous.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: MY CAR WAS BROKEN INTO (Aphelion)

oh and in my opinion, since you asked for it, you should paint it black. less attention and less ugly.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:33 PM

im up at columbia mall like twie a week half the time, always take my faceplate in with me. thats kinda cool to fin another person who hangs there a bit. really sorry to hear you're loss, im petrafied when i get my real **** in. how did htey know you had ****? just peaked in or exhaust or something? i always think im going to run up on a bunch of kids trying to break into my car, but then again im a kid myself. but i like to fight :-D. did this happen today, where were you parked?
Old 05-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MY CAR WAS BROKEN INTO (Import_Dumbass)

I think the color of my car(my avatar) drew their attention, plus you can see right in. The only thing I usually take is my fuel relay(car cant start without it). And yes it happened today around 9 pm, and I was parked near champs, uno's, and the china bistro. I'm never driving that car there again.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:46 PM

did you get my pm? damn, that sucks. how many of them was there? if ya find out, id be more then happy to go crusin for them with ya.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MY CAR WAS BROKEN INTO (Import_Dumbass)

Going to bed....BUMP
Old 05-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

when they stole my 1st car they jacked my stereo and didnt have time to disconect it so they ripped my radio harness... just get another radio harness at best buy, or circuit city... it only costs like 7 bucks... anyways gl
Old 05-03-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Re: MY CAR WAS BROKEN INTO (fizeks)

Sorry to hear about the break in but look on the bright side, you still have your car. Did you get the plates of the car that sped off? Post em. Did you make a police report? If you have the serial # do the report. I know it’s not much but if somewhere down the road those punks get pulled over with it and it comes up hot, they go to jail. At least the law in CA states anyone in position of stolen property goes straight to jail. It might be different elsewhere. This is one of the reasons so many stains get away, nobody repots individual items or keeps serial numbers. Just my 2cents. Good luck