Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My b18 swapped 98 Ek hatch Not Starting, Priming, and Main Relay weirdness...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My b18 swapped 98 Ek hatch Not Starting, Priming, and Main Relay weirdness...

Ok, here's the deal. Did a LS swap in my 98 EK hatch....everything going fine, running good, starting up real strong, fuel pump always primed up real strong. Now all of a sudden, nothing powers on when I try to start the car. I can turn the key to accessory, and radio and my ebrake light will light up on the cluster, but fuel pump won't prime up, and the starter won't kick over when I try turn the key to start. Ok, the weirdness of my main relay....I can hit the shifter kinda hard into gear, or hit the dash or shut a door, or just kinda shake the car around, and the main relay will start clicking very weirdly, and my battery light and check engine light will light up like normal, fuel pump primes up, and the check engine light will click off after the pump primes up. But then again, when I turn the key to start it, it all shuts off again. When the problem first came, I push started it a couple times, and it would run. The fuel would kinda kick out off and on for about 30 seconds of driving, but then would run fine afterwards, but when I stop, and turn the car off and try to restart it, nothing once again... Can someone please help me on this, I've checked ground, but going to check them again, just to make sure that none of the wiring has slipped out of their connectors. Went a year without driving my car, and now after only getting to enjoy it for not even 2 months yet is really annoying. I know it's something electrical, so any input to solving my problem will be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot!!
Old 11-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My b18 swapped 98 Ek hatch Not Starting, Priming, and Main Relay weirdness... (stevil_knevil)

bump
Old 11-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My b18 swapped 98 Ek hatch Not Starting, Priming, and Main Relay weirdness... (stevil_knevil)

I've tried a different main relay, wires and solder seem to be in the plug fine. I can also tug on the wiring harness near the clutch pedal and same effect with it powering up, and fuel pump priming, but still no start and everything shuts back off when I try to start it. Every now and then, I can get the starter to start cranking over, but it will not start....I really don't want to, but actually thinking about just trailer'ing it to the honda dealer and having them fix it, which will prolly cost much more than what I'm wanting to spend on fixing it, but I'm about all out of options. I've checked battery terminals, i have a brand new optima red top battery on it, and it's putting out plennty of juice, all connections to the starter are fine, i've even added an extra ground to it. all other grounds have good connection. don't see why the alternator would keep the car from starting, but going to check it too.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:22 PM

check ecu connections