Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My 95ex sedans story and build thread(SLOW)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 95ex sedans story and build thread(SLOW)

so heres my story on the car

i was talking to a buddy of mine last november, turns out he was selling his grandfathers 95 civic for 3200, garaged whole life, daily driven, regularly maintained, and 92K

november 8th i paid 3k for the car after my dad and i looked at it and drove it

(dont have any photos on photobucket from the day i got it )

day i got it i vacuumed it and washed the windows since it wasnt registered yet,

december 7th i was on my way home from school on my independent, took a turn too fast, it was raining a little bit, so i wouldnt hit the car parked on the other side of the road i took the turn a little tight, hit a leaf pile, started skidding towards the previously menitoned parked car, tried to steer back onto my side of the road and ended up spinning out and hitting the car in the side, (turns out it was a honda cr-v) my car basically bounced off and still caused around 1.5k in body damage to the cr-v

my car was driveable but not pretty the rear door was smashed in and unopenable, and the front right corner markers lense was gone, i replaced the bulb a little later so i wouldnt get pulled over,

my car had around 3k in damage, (a little more but my dads friend cut him a deal on the repair :D) dad paid for the repairs so that nothing more would happen because of the already done damages, we dropped the car off at the shop the week after xmas, and picked it up a week or two into january,

it looks so nice with the side all painted, biggest problem? the oter side looks like complete crap now, but at least everything is fixed, half of my paycheck is going straight to my dad now to pay off my damages, as well as any money he would have given me for my bday, or xmas, so now im around 1/2 way paid off

now with tax returns coming soon, im saving as much of my pay as i can, since most ends up in the car in gas, but soon im gonna start the mods on the car, im gonna be getting a b18b1longblock soon to start to build up and eventually im gonna turbo that. in the mean time im gonna start looking into suspension and brakes for it as well as other small mods while the block is being built, and i gotta start looking for the rest of the parts to complete the swap, so now this is gonna be my SLOWWW build thread