Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My 1995 Civic Coupe Build

First time didn't work lets try this again. Here are the new pictures lol

Old 07-16-2012, 09:24 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Right click the image. Click "Copy image URL". That's the URL you need, not the page URL you're using.

http://dugiescivic.webs.com/photos/J...2020.43.04.jpg is the first one, for example.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that POR-15 anti-rust paint?

That stuff doesn't look like it. POR's alot more solid than that liquid ****. I'd suggest using POR-15.

Also if you have an update would be cool (for others to learn especiialy) to have a description of what you've done.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok so i used bed liner actually.... And it look so luqidy because i was running out of day light and took picture while still wet... Ok so where to start with this... lol. I cut out all rotted metal and bedlinered everything top bottom and sides. Then anywhere there was metal on metal contact i coated it in tar mixed with a mould wax, so it will solidify. I then riveted metal together to make a pan that would nicely fit into place. Then bed linered it again to help seal it up.... some final tack welds and some beads and i called it done. Going to use liquid metal underneath to fill in any nooks and crannies that may hold salt, etc. I originally wanted to make carbon fiber floor pan much like the nissan skyline z-tune but there was not enough there to work with I hate working with metal and this was a pain in my @$$, I will say that had i noticed how bad this hole was i probably would have been pushed away from the car, but i learned a lot and am quite pleased with the out come....
Old 07-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The bedliner i used ended up making thick kind of silicone like coating on the metal... Plan on building it up on top to hide all the lines and rivet tops etc.... but need to let the first layers dry first... lol
Old 07-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looking to do an si vtec conversion if i can get parts cheap enough or free.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh man..
Old 07-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ej#ALLDAY
oh man..
???
Old 07-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Some more pictures

Old 07-17-2012, 07:06 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have no words. Actually I do. The words "structurally unsound" come to mind. Why couldn't you just buy a replacement floor pan?
Old 07-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Holy s**t man.. Not trying to stress you out, but just buying a donor car for like 300-600 bucks would be a lot more efficient, and atleast you'd feel safer driving around knowing that there wasn't a hole in the floor. I live in Ontario too man, and I know you can pick up a decent shell with an engine for like, 400-600. Heck, I bought my Si running for $800 and delivered by CAA.

But anyways, atleast you got it done. Looks like the body is still in rough shape. Good luck ehh?
Old 07-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
I have no words. Actually I do. The words "structurally unsound" come to mind. Why couldn't you just buy a replacement floor pan?
Tried they are unavailable.... and working on limited budget....

But only places that sold them were in the states, custom made and did not ship and were about 1,500 clicks away.

Last edited by Mike Dugas; 07-17-2012 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Forgot to quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I once had a 1992 BMW 318IS that i did pretty much the same thing to... By the time i was done the mechanics were puzzled on how I managed to repair hole so well.... and floor isnt flimsy or anything... I can jump on it with no flex. So it doesn't bother me too much. I get sheet metal cheap cheap the only thing that pisses me off about it, is i seem to slice my hand open everytime i work on it lol.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Would it pass safety? Will it be able to handle Canadian winters? We get it pretty bad up here.. As long as you tar it properly it should be okay. It just doesn't seem safe. I hear where your coming from but I don't know man... Something about it worries me.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly I inspected frame... Frame was fine. Only sheet metal leading from frame was messed up...

I used extremely heavy steel here too... Approximately 1/16th of an inch i believe.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mike Dugas
Honestly I inspected frame... Frame was fine. Only sheet metal leading from frame was messed up...

I used extremely heavy steel here too... Approximately 1/16th of an inch i believe.
I'm not trying to bust your *****. I'm just giving you my opinion. We'll see how it turns out, what else do you have planned?

If you need it, I have a driver and passenger fender that i'll probably end up selling for scrap metal. LMK if you wanna buy it. They're a little scratched up but nothing too bad, and a little nick of rust where the headlight rests. They're painted Milano red. If you live near York Reigion PM me if you need them. I also have a hood but it's pretty rough. It's got those rubber bumps for the plastic visor and a small Loonie sized rust spot near centre and rust along the front where the hood meets the bumper.

How do you plan on fixing the rust on the door? New door from wrecking yard? Or steel + bondo?
Old 07-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Fenders hood and doors are fine.... Door had miniscul amount of rust. And I had planned on shaving door mouldings anyways so just polished it up and rockerguarded it to prevent future rust. then filling them in.

I could use a heater control, pass axle, trunk latch and any realease cables/ mechanisms
Old 07-17-2012, 10:53 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

"miniscule" rust is the definition of "not fine". Both of your doors have rust on them. Like I said on the first page, you have a LOT of body work ahead of you. Hopefully you have a plasma torch and a welding machine - you're going to need them.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Fenders hood and doors are fine.... Door had miniscul amount of rust. And I had planned on shaving door mouldings anyways so just polished it up and rockerguarded it to prevent future rust. then filling them in.

I could use a heater control, pass axle, trunk latch and any realease cables/ mechanisms
I can see in your last picture that the driver side door has some deep rust/hole in it. When I think of "miniscule" rust I think of surface rust that can be removed easily by sanding, and sometimes light metal work. I called around awhile back and you can pick up a complete door between 100-150 includes everything, just bolt it in. If you ever plan on re-selling this car you'll probably have some problems.

I may have some release cables laying around in my pile of Honda parts. I'll give it a look when I have a minute. Where abouts are you in Ontario?

with what Is said above. If you have those tools are your disposal you should be okay. You should do some reasearch on the different ways people tackle these types of body work, and how well it comes out. Patching it up with bondo isn't the best idea. You can buy pre-made and pre-primered parts in woodbridge and missisaugua. I know that for a fact because I have boughten parts from both areas, and if you send an email out to the owner/manager of the shop, usually they are moe than happy to help you out. Even try Kijiji for doors, I found a set of SiR doors that I really want, power everything.

Keep us updated & Good luck.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The floor isnt bothering me.... But the quaters/ wheel wells is.... But I have a buddy that is a welder and ive called him in to give me a hand so hopefully he will beable to handle it better than myself...
Old 07-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What is the name of the distributers/ suppliers?
Old 07-23-2012, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wife is heading out to cousins place tomorrow for 2 days, so getting the guys together and gonna have the body work done on this thing by wednesday can't wait .... I c a 24 and good time in my near future
Old 07-23-2012, 04:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow.... Um dude.... When ur done dont sell it just junk it because if u sell it and the new owner crashes u can be responsible for doing a **** job at repairing. Hell i would have only boiht the car for the guts and if i was gonja fix it id use the parts needed not something from bubbad garage...
Old 07-23-2012, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

holy crap the rust on that thing, good luck.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What is the name of the distributers/ suppliers?
I think its called ExtremeParts or something, in there advertisments it's all ricey body kits, but they do deal in OEM. You can find places like that on Kijiji advertising their buisness. Just send them an email, asking if you can get a "combo" deal or "I'll come pick it up right now, cash in hand" deal. It usually works.

Quick Reply: My 1995 Civic Coupe Build