Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

A must read

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A must read

I am so happy that i got my swap finally done. but 4000 later there is a probem. the motor is stolen but i never knew about it. i am an honest hard working guy just like everyone else in here and love knowing that every single part on my car is legit. I would never take or attempt to take what belongs to another. My boys homie i guess is in to the whole thing of stealing of other peoples **** and i dont know how but he came up on a type r motor. I bought the motor and figured it was a good deal cause i actually i got it for 3000 but at first it was supposed to be a gsr motor for like 2200 but he said for an extra 800 i will give you my old jdm type r. so i am like hell yeah. basically to some it all up i got my car out yesterday and and have loved it ever since but i found out from another friend who the guy really was and how he got the motor. So now should i keep it cause i heard you cant trace japanese motors, try and find the original owner and return it and hope that i will get some type of recognition for that or sell it and get my money back so i can get a legit motor? honestly i dont know what to do cause i dont want to goto jail for some **** i had no work in and out of all people why the **** me .

Advice anyone please, and please please please no smart *** remarks.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:59 PM

Default Re: A must read (big-dang-alang)

I would have the guy who sold it to you give you somekind of a receipt or invoice just incase anything ever happened also to you and keep the engine. I know it's wrong to steal from others and I don't like thieves but I don't think that theres anyway in hell you would be able to trace the owner but you never know. Whatever you do good luck I can respect any decision you make
Old 08-03-2004, 08:05 PM
B A N N E D

Default Re: A must read (big-dang-alang)

Well in my opinion his mothers a man. Number two keep the motor cause you bought it. I know its stolen but damn that was 3000 cash that you worked hard for. Now dont get me wrong its not right to steal but you did nothing wrong. You were just misinformed and as for tracing to original owner forget it you can try but if he could afford that motor i am sure he has good insurance. I am also assuming you bought off a guy onthe streets. this is a good lesson that just cause somethings sweet doesnt mean it cant turn rotten.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:17 PM

i think it would be pretty tough to track down the original owner. i also think it would be even harder for police to find the motor in your car. i would keep the motor and get some kind of proof that you paid 3k for the motor if you can.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (h23eg)

Keep it... get proof.... redline it all day long... hehehehehe
Old 08-03-2004, 10:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cnyej1)

get proof that you spent 3000 and you'll be fine
Old 08-04-2004, 11:37 AM

Default Re: (egb18turbo)

there's another guy on here that got his car impounded because the cop couldn't find a vin tag on the motor. its been 2 weeks and he still doesn't have his car back, he is looking at going to jail for a felony. he doesn't know if the motor is legit or stolen, but he could still be going to jail for possession of a stolen motor.

if you're not afraid of being pulled over and told to pop your hood then keep it, if you are afraid of being pulled over or are an honest guy i would pull the motor, throw your old one back in, call the po-po (god i hate em), and tell them that a guy sold you a stolen motor.

edit: here's the thread with of the impounded car https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=906331