Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Mugen airbox

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 01:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mugen airbox

Can someone tell me how to know for sure if that is original Mugen airbox? I dont know how many replicas there are..Are there any codes or something?

tnx

Old 02-01-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Mugen airbox (n1ghthawk)

why is every1 obsessed with spend 2 or 3x as much because it says Mugen.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Mugen airbox (platinumx6)

that's what i'm saying.....all you are paying for is the name
Old 02-01-2007, 03:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ ITO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that's what i'm saying.....all you are paying for is the name </TD></TR></TABLE>

No, its not just a name. It is the BEST Intake for Civic/Integra. Yes, it cost a $$$, but some people don't mind paying for quality products with great R&D and the most powerful replacement intake. Search for Mugen intake dynos and you will see it out performs all. But, if you are looking for horsepower per dollar, this is probably not the best solution.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by n1ghthawk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can someone tell me how to know for sure if that is original Mugen airbox? I dont know how many replicas there are..Are there any codes or something?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It looks real to me. I don't think there is a code/number. I think that is the version 1 ITR/Civic intake. If you know where to get a replica that looks that much like the original, let me know
Old 02-01-2007, 05:44 AM

But who much do you think mugen spends to make that stuff......they turn around and sell it for 2x 3x more than it's worth
Old 02-01-2007, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EJ ITO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ ITO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But who much do you think mugen spends to make that stuff......they turn around and sell it for 2x 3x more than it's worth</TD></TR></TABLE>

cuz its MUGEN \/\/
Old 02-01-2007, 06:01 AM

umm humm
Old 02-01-2007, 07:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looks real to me. are there mugen replicas? the only problem i see with the mugen airbox is it uses the stock intake arm.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen airbox (96BlackHB)

version 1? how many versions are there? how much would you say that is worth?
and yes, that is stock integra type R arm that comes with it
(probably same as b16a2 civics)
Old 02-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

they arent selling it for 2-3x more than its worth. That piece of plastics "cost" is probably like $10. But then they had to design that, test it etc. Does anyone have dyno numbers for the mugen intake.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:29 AM

expletive yes! 3hp instead of 2!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96BlackHB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, its not just a name. It is the BEST Intake for Civic/Integra. Yes, it cost a $$$, but some people don't mind paying for quality products with great R&D and the most powerful replacement intake. Search for Mugen intake dynos and you will see it out performs all. But, if you are looking for horsepower per dollar, this is probably not the best solution.

It looks real to me. I don't think there is a code/number. I think that is the version 1 ITR/Civic intake. If you know where to get a replica that looks that much like the original, let me know </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 02-01-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Mugen airbox (platinumx6)

and they found a new way to make it cheaper to make, but sell it for the same price if not more
Old 02-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen airbox (EJ ITO)

welcome to capitalism
Old 02-01-2007, 11:12 AM
B A N N E D

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96BlackHB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please show me some dynos i thought ebay intakes were one of the best on the market
Old 02-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen airbox (kaoss_11)

most intakes are the same. You will really not see that much of a difference. The mugen **** is way to expensive for what it is. Im not even sure about mugen even being the best intake.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Mugen airbox (smileycvc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by platinumx6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">expletive yes! 3hp instead of 2!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

lmao, I was thinking the same .

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drifte &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they arent selling it for 2-3x more than its worth. That piece of plastics "cost" is probably like $10. But then they had to design that, test it etc. Does anyone have dyno numbers for the mugen intake.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh trust me, they made a lot more total return than it cost to develop it.

It's not an intricate part like an intake manifold would be in terms of testing to get optimum flow rates.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by n1ghthawk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can someone tell me how to know for sure if that is original Mugen airbox? I dont know how many replicas there are..Are there any codes or something?

tnx

</TD></TR></TABLE>

if that's what you really want to spend your money on, then by all means. but honestly, the difference (as far as HP goes) between an ebay filter and that mugen filter is not much, and it's not even half the price. IMO, i would just buy a ebay air kit, swap out the filter for a K&N filter (pick it up at your local oart store) and spend all the extra cash on other performance parts.

remember function over fashion!
Old 02-01-2007, 12:43 PM

^ amen to function over fashion
such a waste of money
Old 02-01-2007, 01:01 PM
B A N N E D

I would put money that a ebay intake would have the same hp if not more than that mugen junk @ 1/10 the price
Old 02-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kaoss_11)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kaoss_11 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would put money that a ebay intake would have the same hp if not more than that mugen junk @ 1/10 the price</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 02-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtec4lyfe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtec4lyfe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^ amen to function over fashion
such a waste of money</TD></TR></TABLE>

That piece is not fashion - it is pure function, and it does appear to be the best intake available.....I wouldn't buy it unless I had a track only car that was N/A & every hp counted - then I would scoop it up in a second.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:24 PM

why is a knockoff not in the market yet? ill buy a knockoff
Old 02-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: (CXtypeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CXtypeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why is a knockoff not in the market yet? ill buy a knockoff </TD></TR></TABLE>

The Comptech Icebox has proven to be a very good substitute, and it quite a bit less expensive.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:38 PM
* B A N N E D *

how much did you pay for that?
Old 02-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EJ ITO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But who much do you think mugen spends to make that stuff......they turn around and sell it for 2x 3x more than it's worth</TD></TR></TABLE>

they probably spend like $2 to make it (seriously). But that's not the point. The point is<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96BlackHB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, its not just a name. It is the BEST Intake for Civic/Integra. Yes, it cost a $$$, but some people don't mind paying for quality products with great R&D and the most powerful replacement intake. Search for Mugen intake dynos and you will see it out performs all. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick Reply: Mugen airbox