Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

misc tech question *help please*

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 02:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default misc tech question *help please*

Well, I made a post a couple days ago about this, but had other questions as well, so decided to make one big misc tech thread for my randomish questions, so help would be greatly appreciated.

1) The gauge backlight mystery. As stated before, I used the pin in (with a 1-pin connector - pictured below) to draw power from the parking light relay in order to power the backlight on my gauges. When everything was hooked up, with wiring being flawless, the fuse for the pin in on the fuse box (pictured below) blew and nothing on that circuit worked. The wierd thing is, I used this same power source for my fog lights & it worked with no problems (maybe a month or so ago). So im really not sure what it could be - but also check the turbo timer question below as this may be affected by it.

a) how would I go about replacing the fuse for the pin in (pictured below) - where is the fuse for it located?

(boxed in the pic)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) I had a major crack in my front lip (now fixed), but the lip is still unpainted (with the repair mark), so I definetly want to paint it. At the same time, my bumper is fairly scratched up with paint chips, so im wondering whether to:

a) buy a can a paint for the lip and then try to "touch up the bumper" with it?

b) buy a paint gun (already have a compressor) and wet sand the bumper,etc. and do a full paint shoot with the gun on both the bumper and lip? Also, for this option, would I need to add a flex additive to the paint?

3) I want to paint the upper part of my BOV (since its the only thing blue in my engine bay), so I'm wondering if anyone:

a) has a way to paint the upper part (pictured below)?

b) knows of a way to remove that same part?

(blue/purple upper part)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4) Ive came across a set of SRD copies for sale, but in the thread, the seller states that "Backrest is broke on Drivers Seat. it acts as if you are always holding up the handle to recline. It doesnt stay up." I'm wondering if theres a way to fix this?

NOTE: Picture does not represent actual problem - this is just a pic of the seat.

5) I have a GReddy turbo timer. When I turned my key 1 click (first time starting the car since installed), the radio was dead along with the parking lights, misc other things, like cigaratte lighter. When I turned the key that 1 click, the e-brake was engaged, but the car was not running nor moving and the turbo timer was not on - I also cannot get power to it. So my questions are:

a) Ive read the turbo timer can affect the accessories, so does anyone know if this could be the reason for those things shutting off and how to fix it?

b) why would I not be getting power to the turbo timer? Does the car have to be running in order to power it?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Modified by sk8shorty012 at 1:37 AM 2/22/2006
Old 02-22-2006, 12:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump? lol