Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

MIS FIRE ON LS VTEC

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MIS FIRE ON LS VTEC

I JUST DID AN LSVTEC SWAP ON MY FRIEND CAR IT HAD AN LS BEFORE, AND WAS RUNNING NORMAL. THE LSVTEC CAME OUT OF A 88 CRX. WE SWAP THE HARNESS'S AND THEN A SOON AS IT STARTS UP IT START TO MISFIRE AND MAKES CRAZY POPING NOISE THE ONLY THING I REWIRED WAS THE DIZZY WIRES [FROM THE HARNESS NOT THE ONES ON THE DIZZY] BECAUSE THE CRX CONNECTERS DIDN'T FIT THE OBD1 ONE CONNECTERS. I PRETTY SURE THAT NUMBER ONE AN TWO CYLINDERS WERE THE ONES MISS FIRING. AND ITS RUNNING ON THE LS ECU STILL SO I PRETTY SURE ITS SOPOST TO RUN NORMAL. THE ONLY THING I THINK I DIDN'T HOOK UP WAS THE CRANK 2ND CRANK SENSOR ON THE CRANK PULLEY. A FRIEND SAID IT WAS OK TO BYPASS THAT SENSOR. SO IF YOU CAN HELP PLEASE. PS I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO CHECK THE TIMING ON AN OBD0 LS/VTEC AND WHAT ARE THE TIMING MARKS, AS IN HOW MANY DEGREES. THANKS
Old 01-21-2008, 04:22 PM

Default Re: MIS FIRE ON LS VTEC (nelsonb16)

my boy just took his ls/vtec out of his hatch and put it in a crx, its a b18a block and a b17 head. he dont know anything about wireing so he is gonna get me to do it. but his car does run fine.he runs a pr4 ecu. dont worry about the sensor on the crank. it has nothing to do with obd1 or obd0/non obd. do u have the plug wires correct. just run all the wireing to the same place it was on the dizzy or try using his ls distributor. really u want to run the dizzy that matches the head u are using and run a obd1 p28/p72/ or a p61 or something like that. i ran p72 and it ran awesome.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: MIS FIRE ON LS VTEC (nelsonb16)

GEEZ I REALLY HATE CAPS LOCK!!!!!! take it off please.
there have been a ton of LSV problems floating around H-T lately....
try useing a better ECU.. thats all i can help with.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:29 PM

Default Re: MIS FIRE ON LS VTEC (93egSLEEPER)

basically u want all wirieng and everything to run a vtec engine, meaning ecu and all components and sensors,distributor etc. the only thing u are changing is the block for a ls. the point is displacement. other than that dont change anything