Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Milano and Samba Build. 56k? Nope.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Milano and Samba Build. 56k? Nope.

Ok. So the title says it all. 2 Sols. Not to loose my audiences focus, let's name the 1st Del Sol Milano and the 2nd Samba.

Milano is going through bodywork, a D16Z6 swap (currently a D15B7) and a turbo setup. I'll talk about power goals and all the jazz when I arrive at that stage. As I still have a lot more research to do on forced induction, tuning, set hp on a stock D, as I don't want to listen to Grumble's nagging. The interior is going to have 1 rice mod. Interior lights!

I plan on taking my time in setting the bodywork right, and turning this car into a fun, fast and auto-cross ready car.

Samba is going to be strictly a show and shine car. OEM look (going to go with Tafetta White paint. Don't want to really keep the original color)with maybe a black mugen lip, OEM rims (plasti-dip), Reupholstered Red Suede Del Sol seats, Type R Carpet (matching with seats. Not sure 100% on carpet. Might keep OEM.), with a stock NA JDM B16a OBD1 motor. I want a nice suspensions system on it. 90% of this build is going to be all new parts, no cut corners, and I'll really take the time to set this build right.

So let me begin...

+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@
+@+@+@+@+@+@+@Milano+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@

I picked up my Milano Red Del Sol Back in May 2011 for $500. Here's pics of me picking it up.

The Good

Seats were near Mint and actually just sold them last month for $280 (I picked up another pair for $40...lol).
Engine runs and purrs
Tranny + clutch shifts perfect
Winter Tires we're brand new.
Interior Excellent condition

The Bad

-The carpet was horrible. I have to say the car functioned very well but was not clean at all. This girl who drove it obviously loved McDonalds and loved taking her dog on trips because I found dog hair everywhere and enough french fries lying on the carpet to fit and fill an Extra-large container.

-Rust!. Rust on Quarters, rockers and drivers side door.

I digress...Fast forward 4 months

I decided to cut-out the quarters and begin rust repair.

Got rid of the carpet and decided on doing a Type R Interior (Still in Progress).

I got this Arab guy to do the quarters at his shop, who assured me the car would be done 100%. Like his work?

Current Status.

I've just recently began re-working my quarter panels removing the 'quality' work I received and prepped for some new quarters which I picked up off a board member here, because Del Sol quarters are very difficult to find.

Pictures of said quarters

As of right now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to source my tools. Currently need a air compressor as my buddy's does not hold air. Really wanted to work with my new cut-off tool.

Besides that I've used POR-15 on my rocker panels, trunk and other random surface rust areas. Just used a bristle brush, cloth and applied the POR-15. Will provide pics later.

+@+@+@+@+@+@+@Samba+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@+@

Samba is a Samba Green Honda Del Sol that at one point in her life was painted a crappy spray grey. However, I'm so excited about this car because all that is left is some minor details, a swap and a paint job which is hours and hours ahead of Milano.

Picked her up for $1400. Everything runs and operates perfectly on her. However the current spray job is peeling off and it needs a muffler (which I'm still deciding on. Looking for something with a quiet but deep tone.)

Here's some pictures of her on my property (cuz the driveway is full right now)

Planning on Plasti-dip'ing the rims sometime this week.

$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$#$

We'll that's it for now. Going to figure out the tool situation and make moves on getting a MIG welder.

Last edited by habanerored06si; 04-27-2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason: English correction