Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

might get a turbo or supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default might get a turbo or supercharger

i got a 2000 civic si with intake and headers wut is ur opinion on which one i should get, and if i have to change anything on my engine if i turbo it or supercharge it
Old 11-28-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: might get a turbo or supercharger (Themouse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Themouse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i got a 2000 civic si with intake and headers wut is ur opinion on which one i should get, and if i have to change anything on my engine if i turbo it or supercharge it </TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont think you have headers...
This thought of yours will have a 95% chance of actually becomming a reality, due to your laziness to search!
Old 11-28-2005, 06:04 PM

Default Re: might get a turbo or supercharger (AMECustom)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AMECustom &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I dont think you have headers...
This thought of yours will have a 95% chance of actually becomming a reality, due to your laziness to search!</TD></TR></TABLE>

god, shut up! don't be an ***, he's asking for opinions, how would a search help? and if he wants to call it headers. let him, i could argue that as long as you have more than one cylinder you can call it "HEADERS"

to the op
you should be ok with boost on stock internals as long as you don't get over zealous with the boost, and you tune it right, personally, i'd go supercharged, its more reliable, but thats just my opinion
Old 11-28-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: might get a turbo or supercharger (littlegreenb18)

Turbo's are just as reliable as superchargers...... key is a good tune
Old 11-28-2005, 06:29 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by littlegreenb18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

god, shut up! don't be an ***, he's asking for opinions, how would a search help? and if he wants to call it headers. let him, i could argue that as long as you have more than one cylinder you can call it "HEADERS"

to the op
you should be ok with boost on stock internals as long as you don't get over zealous with the boost, and you tune it right, personally, i'd go supercharged, its more reliable, but thats just my opinion</TD></TR></TABLE>

He asked if he had to change anything if he goes turbo. Searching would do that. Searching would also give him opinions because theres hundreds of threads like this...***!
Old 11-28-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: might get a turbo or supercharger (AMECustom)

i think that either way you go is ok, but i would rather boost, I don't know that much about superchargers, but from what ive heard about them is your motor has to create ponys in order to build boost for the supercharger, a turbo is just free flowing air.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanx for you help and anyway i am doing research AMECustom becuase i would rather ask you guys than go on a search engine which might not be as reliable. thanx
Old 11-29-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: (Themouse)

Nahh u can search on Honda-tech.. Dont have to use a search engine.
Search for turbos and superchargers and anything like that..and make sure to check the archives
Old 11-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by littlegreenb18 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

to the op
you should be ok with boost on stock internals as long as you don't get over zealous with the boost, and you tune it right, personally, i'd go supercharged, its more reliable, but thats just my opinion</TD></TR></TABLE>

HEADERS refers to a pair. You only have one header, its not a pair. Get it? Boost is boost is boost. How is supercharging any more "reliable" then turbo? Because you can't reach over and turn up the boost as easy? That doesn't make one system any less reliable over the other.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: might get a turbo or supercharger (Hybrid93Eg)

Here's the biggest determining factor, money. The sky is the limit depending on how much money you'd like to spend. You already have a header, a piece that you would have to sacrafice if you go turbo. My opinion is turbo. I personally don't think there's a good design for a superchager set-up yet. Jackson's a limited to their power output and the Vortech kit is ackward with that giant bar running across the front of the motor. Turbo's are more efficient and they have unlimited potential in terms of power output. Regardless, boost can be your friend. Do a little more research and form your own opinion.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: might get a turbo or supercharger (Specail Ed)

wrong forum,.... READ THE RULES 1ST ,... rukes are posted at the top of each forum's Topic list (Im suprised this thread hasnt been killed already).........oh, and welcome to HT. TURBO hands down, trust me.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: might get a turbo or supercharger (Themouse)

If you supercharge you can keep the header(s) -(to please everyone), and possibly the intake.

If you turbo, you loose the headers (sell em on Ebay) and probably the intake too ( I suppose you could work it in if you fabbed a turbo kit)

Personally, Turbo is the way to go ALWAYS (unless you drive an automatic, of course). Again, IT'S FREE POWER!! Get a Garrett GT series and you will suffer from VERY little lag, too! I recommend the Edelbrock kit for your B16... It's the ****.

Eitherway, get an exhaust.