Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Merry Christmas to me....new Del Sol for my collection...whatcha think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Merry Christmas to me....new Del Sol for my collection...whatcha think? Build thread also.

Del Sol for 1300 bucks not running. I have some minor de-ricing to do. Some red interior accents have been done, and the calipers are red. Other than that, nothing too major. I am not sold on the rims, but they aren't bad on the car. This is my first Del Sol amazingly after alot of other cars. Can't wait to see what I can turn this one into.

Suggestions on lip, front bumper (JDM with the little rubber moldings?), etc. I can do carbon fiber overlays well, you think it'd be ricey if I covered the parts painted red with carbon?

Has:
LS/vtec (B16 head off the motor)...dudes who built it didn't see the need for dowel pins so it ended up blowin a head gasket
Ls tranny
ACT clutch
Skunk2 coilovers
Brand new VAFC (new generation version)
Rota Grid's 3 mo. old with new tires
Full Skunk2 catback
Fluidyne rad

Also get another LS bottom end, some misc. parts, and a dseries tranny

I have built quite a few Ls/vtecs in the past for myself and others, so I'll quickly be getting the motor back together. The bottom end is fine and in the car with the tranny still. I am going to pull the pistons, do a quick rehone and rering for piece of mind, and throw in some new rod bearings....an in car quick rebuild (and of course some combo dowel pins). I already have a 57 trim .63 T3/T04e, my own ramhorn, and alot of stainless for charge pipes ready to go. I think I am gonna try the Greddy Type S bov this time around...never had one of those. Hopefully be running by Feb or so.

Modified by RC000E at 1:03 PM 12/22/2006

Modified by RC000E at 1:04 PM 12/22/2006
Old 12-22-2006, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Merry Christmas to me....new Del Sol for my collection...whatcha think? (RC000E)

not bad for 1300
Old 12-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Merry Christmas to me....new Del Sol for my collection...whatcha think? (RC000E)

not bad but its sad youve been here for this long and still posted this in here
Old 12-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Merry Christmas to me....new Del Sol for my collection...whatcha think? (Turbo_y8)

Well its going to be my build thread as well....plus I hardly ever post my own topics man. I always answer others questions and what not. Give me a break bro.

Mod's, if this is inappropriate then I'll delete or you can move it to forced induction forum as I'll be doing the full rebuild and turbo setup, manifold fab, etc.

I just figured I'd come here to call on other del sol owners for some exterior advice and share the buildup. If I've broken rules then....sorry.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that the b16 del sol?
Old 12-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Merry Christmas to me....new Del Sol for my collection...whatcha think? (vlc92189)

Nope.....just a regular s model I think. I bought it sight unseen over the phone and honestly haven't gotten that good of a look at it aside from taking some quick pics.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:55 PM

thats a awesome deal. Im jealous. But i got my eg w/ ls for 1200 woot woot
Old 12-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice
juss shrink the wheels and fix the front
Old 12-22-2006, 05:24 PM

Default Re: (waddy41)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by waddy41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice
juss shrink the wheels and fix the front</TD></TR></TABLE>

are those rota grids?
Old 12-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (thizzledance)

Nice lookin' 'Sol
Old 12-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (waddy41)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by waddy41 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice
juss shrink the wheels and fix the front</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hood is popped....no damage to the front. In the one pic the front lower left looks like a big white scratch also. It must have been water on my camera lense because there is nothing there either. I actually saw the pic on my computer and thought the flatbed let it hit the ground coming off, but nope nothing there.

No damage to the car at all, just one little rust spot on the left rear quarter.

Hey, i was told the wheels were 15's. Now that I look at the pics though, maybe they are 16's....hmmmm. Like I said, haven't really looked at the car

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thizzledance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are those rota grids?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes
Old 12-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Merry Christmas to me....new Del Sol for my collection...whatcha think? (dohcVTECeg2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcVTECeg2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not bad for 1300 </TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 12-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

horray for the Delis!!!!!!!!
Old 12-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Man if the rims were black and 16s id want to buy them from you.

Nice pick up tho!
Old 12-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (honda_racing101)

yeah, they are like a gunmetal color. I won't be keeping the wheels on the car...maybe stash them for another. The whole wheel ***** thing appeals to me

Yeah, some dude above said get smaller wheels...14's? I'll pass on that one.
Old 12-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RC000E)

i'll trade you for some gsr blades
Old 12-25-2006, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Merry Christmas to me....new Del Sol for my collection...whatcha think? (Turbo_y8)

not bad for 1300...the red calipers dont even look that bad....ROFL about the non use of dowel pins
Old 12-25-2006, 04:12 PM

nioce del sol man, i think its the del sol si though... has rear disks
Old 12-25-2006, 10:30 PM

god dam thats a great steal. Doesnt look bad at all!! Shyt, makes me think twice about buyin one with LS-t and a bosy that looks like hell! Good luck with the car!

-George
Old 12-25-2006, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (H22CD)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H22CD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'll trade you for some gsr blades</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nah, the offset factor alone sways me away from the deal. I like stance and width...gsr's are always nice, but they have undesirable offset in my opinion. I like the even with the fender look. I hate when wheels sit far in. Just a peev of mine.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Crasian &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nioce del sol man, i think its the del sol si though... has rear disks</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, it's debadged, and like I said I bought the car sight unseen. I still even today haven't seen the car since the day I shot these quick pics. Work and holidays been killin me. I need to post some better pics too, the lense was all wet and those white blurs keep making me think I missed some damage on the car somehow.

Possibly a rear disc conversion though so, what's another dead ringer it's an si? Swaybars, a/c, heater control differences, certain pockets inside?
Old 12-25-2006, 11:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Merry Christmas to me....new Del Sol for my collection...whatcha think? (Suck my DX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Suck my DX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not bad for 1300...the red calipers dont even look that bad....ROFL about the non use of dowel pins</TD></TR></TABLE>

If they were Brembo's then the red would be fine, I just don't feel the whole highlight your stock calipers and little rotors. Just my opinion though, I don't frown upon those who do it....just when it comes to my car. The whole dowel pin thing...yeah rofl is right. Another motor built by a "Honda dealer tech" too.

I don't speak for 100% of the dealer tech's out there, but the majority of them need to stick to changing timing belts and doing recall repairs because that's what their taught. Those dealer techs are a swolen bunch..I can't tell you how many times I have owned some of the ones up the street.

It was a big f*ckin cockwar everytime I went for parts up there. The parts guy new me, familiar with some of the cars I built for other locals. Boy these dealer techs would come right over and open up arguements over the dumbest ****. I'd own every tech in the place on wiring, those guys can't troubleshoot for ****.

I ended up having two of them wanting to go into business with me and all this b.s. They wanted to do inspections and stock repair while I did the performance side.....dreamers.

Anyways, I'm off the point, no dowel pins...yeah funny ****.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey that looks kinda like mine

</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you gotta rock steelies, that's the ticket right there. I might have to peel that vtec sticker off though
Old 12-26-2006, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good deal on your sol, reminds me of the deal I got on mine. Now im trying to sell all the turboshit I bought for it.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:00 AM
Do u even lift?

Nice pick up
Old 12-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Merry Christmas to me....new Del Sol for my collection...whatcha think? (solbrothers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by solbrothers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey that looks kinda like mine

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, but his looks better.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Merry Christmas to me....new Del Sol for my collection...whatcha think? (-Gary-)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -Gary- &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, but his looks better. </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL....what a bastard...

Anyone help me out on the Si identification. I'm gonna do some google searching, see what I come up with. I'm finishing up the collector for my turbo manifold....still. I have been sick, and with Christmas and all.

Build portion starting soon. Will be doing a compilation vid when the car is done of the entire build too. Hopefully it doesn't take me three months...lol.

Edit: Dang...my **** is an Si....they come with power steering and cruise...mine has both!

DOUBLE EDIT: Just checked the car out...it has JIC 32 way adjustable 1 piece coilovers on it, not the Skunks like I was told!!!.....nah I'm kiddin

Quick Reply: Merry Christmas to me....new Del Sol for my collection...whatcha think?