Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Me and friend are thinkin of trading cars.... What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me and friend are thinkin of trading cars.... What do you think?

Ok good friend of mine wants a coupe, and i want a hatch.We are just thinkin of trading shells. He keeps his b16a turbo i keep my gsr.
Ok problems with mine, the front core support is bent, bumper sags, but i cleaned all the dents off and bought new bumpers and fenders. Primered

Problems with his, has some dings and such(ill fix that) the previous owner like totally tried to bondo the rear hatch, like he left the taillights in it and jsut slapped bondo over it and tried to mold that whole thing, so i would have to buy a new tailgate, but he might include one. It will need a new front bumper, but i might tak emine and he keeps his because his is cut to fit his intercooler piping.
It is primed and ****, i would repaint the whole thing, a full color change anyways.
His hatch was stock white so it has blue dash and such.... ill jus tget him to let me switch the dash's.

Im about ot put my stock dx motor back in my coupe, but i guess if i do this trade ill put it in my hatch.
I want a hatch more, but i dont know.
He will do the motor swaps and put my ac back in for me.
Ill prob do the interior swap if he agrees to it.
My plan was to out the dx motor in, try to straighten up the core support paint it and sell it.
Both cars are project cars.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Me and friend are thinkin of trading cars.... What do you think? (slowdx)

too much work
Old 08-06-2003, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Me and friend are thinkin of trading cars.... What do you think? (thehatchninja)

Too complicated... Sell your car with stock motor, buy a hatch and drop the GSR motor in it.
Old 08-06-2003, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Me and friend are thinkin of trading cars.... What do you think? (EVIL Hx Coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EVIL Hx Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Too complicated... Sell your car with stock motor, buy a hatch and drop the GSR motor in it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

there ya go
Old 08-06-2003, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Me and friend are thinkin of trading cars.... What do you think? (blackhatchy)

my gsr motor is messed up, i wouldnt be driving it anyways, so i mean this isnt making me have downtime i havent driven my car in 6 months, this seems the easiest way to get my(ANY) car thats claled mine that i can drive....since hes doin all the swapping i jsut swap dashes thats it...

EDIT: im fully building my gsr motor, thats why im pullin it.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Me and friend are thinkin of trading cars.... What do you think? (EVIL Hx Coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EVIL Hx Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Too complicated... Sell your car with stock motor, buy a hatch and drop the GSR motor in it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Me and friend are thinkin of trading cars.... What do you think? (slowdx)

Heres an update for anyone who cares.
We decided to actually do the trade. My coupe for his hatch, but we kept our interior and motors jsut traded bare shells.
I did it for a lot of reasons...LOTS, and he did it cause he said he wanted a little more room and also he jsut wanted something different.
heres pics, 56k sucks for u

Both ghetto project cars, my hatches engine is nmow sprayed black, its under construction but oh well all my cars are/will always be.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You got the upper hand on that on just ditch the kit.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Me and friend are thinkin of trading cars.... What do you think? (97itr86)

yea im keeping my stock bumper its brand new, and i have a rear bumper i ordered from the body shop today!
If forcfedcivic here on H-T would email me back id have my new lower tailgate!
Old 08-11-2003, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ghetto fabolous y0
Old 08-11-2003, 03:04 PM

No offense to any race, but why do white boys always primer their car? I'm dying to know the asnwer!
Old 08-11-2003, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Me and friend are thinkin of trading cars.... What do you think? (scdarksol)

Nope. I know plenty of people from other races that do it as well. I know plenty of black and asian people with primered cars.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Me and friend are thinkin of trading cars.... What do you think? (scdarksol)

I don't know man, but here in the east coast it's only white boys. Mostly Blazers, Monte Carlo's, Camaros, and some civics.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:35 PM

ever price a decent paint job other than from earl shieb or maco??? thats why i do my own paintjobs and they roll around in primered cars....
Old 08-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like the hatch alot better than the coupe!! ;}
Old 08-11-2003, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ZEAL-SPORTS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ZEAL-SPORTS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I like the hatch alot better than the coupe!! ;}</TD></TR></TABLE>

i second that
Old 08-11-2003, 04:34 PM

Default Re: (ian)

Don't. I will never buy/trade/sell a car to family/friend.
Old 08-11-2003, 04:52 PM

Default Re: (Jin Yamato)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jin Yamato &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't. I will never buy/trade/sell a car to family/friend.</TD></TR></TABLE>

True. Too much **** involved. "Why does this do that? Why isn't this working!!!??? Where did this dent come from!!!???!!"

STFU!!
Old 08-11-2003, 05:02 PM

Default Re: (fowleryo)

its my own opinion on taste...but im actually feeling the IDEA of that valve cover..not the way it is there...just the basic scheme of the painting...kinda sweet...
for originality
Old 08-11-2003, 06:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by scdarksol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No offense to any race, but why do white boys always primer their car? I'm dying to know the asnwer!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nah... Its mostly a southern domestic thing. TRUST ME
Old 08-11-2003, 06:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Me and friend are thinkin of trading cars.... What do you think? (ReallySlowEg)

Is it me or does the guy in orange look like Eminem
Old 08-11-2003, 06:58 PM

Default Re: (Jin Yamato)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jin Yamato &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Don't. I will never buy/trade/sell a car to family/friend.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Its already done, we ran into a couple of those, why doesnt this work, whats worng iwht this, but sicne we did all labor and checked everything out, and when something breaks were both there workin on it, its ok we udnerstand they both are old an dneed work.
They are project cars, hes like 24 with 1 littel girl and a boy due anyday, he was fired and unemployed for liek 3 months and jut got a job and started yesterday, hes just now trying to get outta debt and get some cash.
Im 17 and payin for all my ****. Its a pain, senior in high school, plus welding at firsct cost technical institute, then workin after that, then workin on the cars its a pain, but i do it to support me and my car.

The reason both are primered, is because i took all the dents out the day ebfore we traded, that was part of the trade, so i primed the same thing, his is going in the paint shop very soon like next week, and mine isnt primed just spray painted gloss black lol, and its getting painted for an early bday present after i get it runnin and stuff, any color suggestions?
Old 08-11-2003, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Me and friend are thinkin of trading cars.... What do you think? (99FBPSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 99FBPSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is it me or does the guy in orange look like Eminem </TD></TR></TABLE>
Steves and little chunkier than eminem, but his little brother chris looks a lot like him lol, his brother has like a 88? or so crx witha fuilt b16 turbo runnin 17pds....fast as fizzuck i like it alot!
Old 08-11-2003, 07:58 PM

looks like a good trade to me
Old 08-11-2003, 08:06 PM
New User

Default Re: Me and friend are thinkin of trading cars.... What do you think? (ghettochild7)

not 2 bad

Quick Reply: Me and friend are thinkin of trading cars.... What do you think?