Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Map Sensor Problem. Can't find anything within the 988 results.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Map Sensor Problem. Can't find anything within the 988 results.

CAR: 00' Civic Si - OBDII (BONE STOCK)

The Problem:
I have a map sensor problem P0108-P1129 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor Circuit Higher than expected. I done searches through all 988 results and 25 pages. And still I have no conclusion to fixing this problem. I have found many with the same EXACT problem but their questions have also been unanswered. It's a typical problem and probably one of many FAQ.

The things it's doing, car has rough idleling after being started, very hesitant, and sounds like misfiring cause it's idleling so low 200 rpm to be exact, black smoke out of the exhaust due to highly rich fuel. Spark plugs have been chard from rich mixtures, while driving and going into higher rpms are fine but letting off into neutral the rpms drop so low it wants to stall out (and in some cases have) and stays around 200 rpms. CEL light is on and runs like SH*T (pardon my french).

I've replaced the Map sensor with a Brand New OEM one (located on top of the TB). It works better than the one before cause when I unplug it my car cuts off. unlike the old one that was bad. And I have also resetted the ECU and even unplugged the backup fuse. Spark plugs have been replaced.

From what I've searched this is what I've found, to check voltage and leaks. So far Voltage looks good with no leaks. I havent checked helms because I'd figure someone here would know? it's free? and helpful to the H-T community? *shrugs*

So guys if you could help me out that would be great. H-T has always been good to me and IS a great source . But this one incey wincey problem is hard to find answers too...

Sorry bout writing a book but I just wanted it to be clear with whats going on. thanks! -aNasious (aAsap)
Old 09-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Map Sensor Problem. Can't find anything within the 988 results. (aNaSiOuS)

so what voltage does it read. voltage in ( 5v line ), voltage out(engine off,ign. on), and voltage out(engine running at idle)?
Old 09-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Map Sensor Problem. Can't find anything within the 988 results. (JSPECSIR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JSPECSIR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so what voltage does it read. voltage in ( 5v line ), voltage out(engine off,ign. on), and voltage out(engine running at idle)?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Voltage in reads 5v. juss checked car again now it's running P0113 10 Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit High Input. Car is now running idle at around 1400-1500 rpms, with the map sensor plugged or unplugged, if i give it some gas car starts to drop rpms like i get girls to drop their panties, and wants to stall. ahh this is driving me crazy...
Old 09-15-2006, 09:21 PM

your idle air control valve is stuck open.. creating high manifold vacuum which is also what is richening the mixture cuz the ecu is compensating for it replace it, clear the codes = end of problem, thank me later