Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

LS engine harness question

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 07:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS engine harness question

Hey guys, I've got a problem that I need help with. First let me start at the beginning. I have a customers car here that is a 00 Honda Civic. Prior to him bring the car into my shop his brother had swapped in a 93 LS motor with a vtec head. He brought the car to me wanting to get it to pass emissions. I laughed and told him there wasn't any way for me to do that w/o faking sensor signals which would be a lot of headache. So I just told him to get an obd2 motor to put in it and thats the route we took. I have installed a 00 LS motor into it and I left the LS harness on it hoping I could make it work. I found out that the LS harness if different than the D16 harness as the LS harness is two pieces and has a seperate harness that runs to the computer and also has fuse boxes attached to it. I'm sure most of you know this already since all this information is available online. Also, the car was converted from an automatic to a manual. I did not do the conversion but looks pretty clean.

So, I've got the second part of the ls harness pluged into the ls computer(which is automotic). Of course nothing works and I'm under the impression that the computer isn't being powered up. So, I pose a question: What would be easiest way for me to get this car up and running. I've searched around and I THINK that the best bet would be to get a 99-00 civic si harness and just use that but I wanted to ask first to make sure. Money isn't an issue, I just don't want to spend days trying to re-wire this ls harness to make it work. Thanks for any input.

John West
West Auto
770-507-8489
Old 05-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You're going to need a 1 piece Civic harness, not necessarily an Si. I believe they're all the same.

There are a couple of minor mods to be done. CKF fix, swap the Integra distributor plug onto the Civic harness and maybe move the fuel pump pinout depending on which ECU you're going to use. Other than that, p-n-p.

Katman's done all the research: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=558245
Old 05-08-2008, 11:58 AM

Default Re: (94CivicSi)

Damn, can't believe I missed that thread. It has all the info I need. Thanks for the help and sorry I wasted valuable forum space :D.