Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Lowering my Del Sol

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering my Del Sol

I got a 93' Del Sol S. I'm looking to get some lowering springs for it. I'm curious what all you guys with Civic's and Sol's have in terms of springs, and how they ride and all that good stuff. I found some H&R Race Springs, which drop the car like 2.5" in the front and 2.25" in the rear. Any of you guys have experience with these springs? And do you think that's too low of a drop for a daily driver? I wan't something thats going to make a noticable difference over stock.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lowering my Del Sol (BucsJosh)

i'd say go with skunk2 coilovers, that way you can raise in the winter, lower in the summer, etc.

plus, you wont have to deal with sagging.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Lowering my Del Sol (jbell)

How do the skunk coilovers ride?
Old 11-10-2003, 04:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

alot nicer than ebay coilovers. they are the nicest ones you can get without spending a grand or so.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BucsJosh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How do the skunk coilovers ride?</TD></TR></TABLE>
friend had it on his lude with koni yellow..very bumpy..i dont know his spring rates..but there very bumpy...
Old 11-10-2003, 04:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Lowering my Del Sol (sohc_vtec)

skunks are harsh...

i have eibach sportline 1.8s. they look and feel almost like stock

in my, and all of my friends, experience, it's good to buy either the most expensive, or the cheapest coilovers... some of the cheap ones are pure crap, but a lot of them are perfect. procarparts.com has a bunch of good cheap ones. a few of my friends have the racer design ones, and i guess they're ok (well worth the $125). i like my eibachs though.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lowering my Del Sol (ross1459)

My friends skunk2's rode like crap.... it was extremely bumpy and in corners wasnt that great.

i had sportlines but they started sagging and rode a little funny after a while. i had h&r's on my integra and loved them. so i went and got the h&r sport springs. very good set of springs. unfortunately they are a little softer than the sportlines but it rides nicer. it didnt drop the car like i wanted though.

if you want to go low and have good handlking, i stand by h&r. for the race springs, you will definately need to upgrade your shocks. get a set of koni yellow if possible. if you arent into the whole dampening adjustment thing, look into koni reds.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lowering my Del Sol (phantom_sol)

Ground COntrols
Old 11-10-2003, 07:41 AM

Im curious too... Im gonna be buying some springs soon and i was looking at tha skunk2'z... I guess not anymore...
What are the best springs...
Old 11-10-2003, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dohcVTEK)

DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU ARE DOING. A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE HAD GREAT SUCCESS WITH EIBACH. I DIDNT, BUT I LIKE H&R'S. ITS A MATTER OF OPINION I GUESS.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (phantom_sol)

I would suggest first you decide on what your doing, You said daily driver, but would that ever include an auto-x or track day? If so, how many a year. If you want low, go with the race springs either, H&R's or the Neuspeed, they are essentially the same. Possibly the Ground Controls or the Skunk 2's They are NOT bouncy if you get shocks that can handle them and soft rates. But these are maintence intensive, Eibach is a very reputable company, Sport lines or the Pro-Kits. Its mostly a personal decision. If you dont want a huge drop I would suggest, a set of ITR springs and maybe a set of agx's Whatever you do DO NOT USE STOCK SHOCKS!!!!! If you are going to slam it, use OTS Koni Yellows and a camber kit. Make sure you have the car aligned to check toe. Do this a couple of times a year and you should be set. I hope this gives you something to think about. Spend some time thinking about what you want out of your suspension and then go from there.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (SoloSol)

Eibach with koni good combo

Tokico w/ tokico coilovers good combo

Never see or heard anything about skunk2's

Koni yellow's with ground control coilovers good combo

Depends on what your doing. Like the person above me's answer
The following users liked this post:
Old 11-12-2003, 03:17 PM

Default Re: (dohcdelsol)

Eibach sportline springs.....just got them on my sol. best ride ever. 1.8 in the front 1.6 in the rear. on 15's .....perfect, no gap left.
The following users liked this post:
Old 11-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Neuspeed Race Springs here with no complaints at all. Not much worse ride than stock. Lowers 2.25" front and 2" rear an you can get some Neuspeed Koni Yellows made just for the Neuspeed Race Springs.

half a finger gap in front no gap in back
Old 11-12-2003, 03:34 PM

I have a '93 Sol Si slammed on DropZone coilovers and DropZone shocks. I know, I know everyone says that they suck but I have no complaints with them and it rides just like stock and corners good.
Old 11-13-2003, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm with alot of these guys, depends on what you're going for. I'm doing a set of progress springs which drops it 2.3 frt and rear with Tokico Illuminas. Do the front up and lower and rear up and lower braces I should be able to pull over a full G. Progress had a project del sol and did it. That's what I'm going for.
Old 11-13-2003, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (low sol)

FYI If memory serves me correctly, (subject to errors at times ) I thought that car was set up with their coilovers and race tires to achieve that 1g+ lateral acceleration. If not my bad. to delsol owners that want to corner.
Old 11-13-2003, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SoloSol)

i have h&r race springs and i am quite happy with my drop...its all opinion though
Old 11-13-2003, 09:17 AM

i just bought a full set of tein SS and im installing them tonight, ill let you know how it rides ... right now i got crap arospeed springs with blown stock shocks which is the reason for me replacing the whole thing...

i also got a skunk 2 camber kit on the front and sprint extreme rears(not that great but they provide +- 3 deg of adjust for only $60 a piece so i was like wtf why not) but, afer i install them ill let you know wuz up...
Old 11-13-2003, 09:31 AM
Multi-paradigm

Whatever springs/coilovers you go with, don't ride on your stock shocks. It's better to get springs and shocks at the same time (in my opinion, I guess), and even better to get spring/coilover-shocks combos (i.e. TEIN coil/shocks) so you don't have to worry about seating the damn coilover screw/spring perch properly on a separate shock.

And for a 2.25" drop, you should at least get a FRONT camber kit. The rear might show negative camber, but it won't wear NEARLY as fast as the front will...

But what the **** would I know?

Old 11-13-2003, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

id have to agree with everyone saying that depends on what your doing, i have eibach sportlines 1.75-2.25 drop just installed about 2 weeks ago id have to say for daily driven is perfect, im on stock shocks right now but im saving for koni yellows. cant wait to get the shocks.

the ride height is alright hoped it to be a little lower but cant complain with stock springs i could fit my whole fist in in between the tire and fender now its a little less than 2 fingers.
heres a picture of how it looks
Old 11-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Multi-paradigm

Default Re: Lowering my Del Sol (eg won)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg won &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That Sol is tight as ****
Old 11-13-2003, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lowering my Del Sol (haku-jitodai)

Well if we're going to post pics :-X

Ground Control coilovers with Tokico Illumina shocks...used to be a good bit lower but the charge pipes kept scraping :-T
Old 11-13-2003, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Lowering my Del Sol (eh6turbo)

Ground control with koni reds love them.
Old 11-13-2003, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lowering my Del Sol (eh6turbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eh6turbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well if we're going to post pics :-X

Ground Control coilovers with Tokico Illumina shocks...used to be a good bit lower but the charge pipes kept scraping :-T
</TD></TR></TABLE>
wow is that a turbo del sol???? lol ***** hot tom i like that pic makes it look mean...cant wait for the dual cam in there...

Quick Reply: Lowering my Del Sol