Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Looking for those with contacts to Japanese Wreckers

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for those with contacts to Japanese Wreckers

Hi all & first of all let me apologise for the length of this post but im very specific,

About time i actually spoke up in these forums considering how much great insight ive gained from reading them, but alas not amount of leeching or websites has answered my latest query.

I have a 1996 Ek1 GLi Civic Sedan (Australian domestic market) and am looking for anyone with contacts to direct japanese or reliable JDM wreckers as all the importers around Brisbane tell my to get stuffed when i ask for anything other than what they currently have in stock (which pretty much consists of B16a, B18c & h22a front cuts) as they "dont take requests from customers" (if the fools knew how much hard earned mulah i have waiting and willing to spend then i think they would be kissing my feet).

Anyway im primarily looking for a k20a (doesnt have to be top line or condition because im working from ground up) engine & trans to swap in; along with the AWD drivetrain (part numbers would be a real help here too!) from a JDM civic (preferably EK ferio) as the only one available here is weak and pre 92, Alot of people say it would be less hassle to do a hybrid b20 vtec with the transmission and drivetrain from the crv (need better axles though) but i have heard i can put adapter plates before or after the gearbox (as would be the case with the ferio) and i see a great future in the aftermarket for the k-series.

No rush guys but if there is an oppurtunity i will snap up what i want, it would just be nice to know where to look, any advice would be more than welcome although i would prefer someone who has dealt with them before as the only decent connections i have here are in regards to turbos and bodykits. Im not looking to get ripped but im not playing dream games here. Feel free to email me if you prefer it to responding in forums at keypon_laffin@hotmail.com

Thank you for your time & patience.