Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Limp Mode, IACV, Idle!?!?! (Searched!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limp Mode, IACV, Idle!?!?! (Searched!)

Hey guys...

I am running a d15b7 motor, automatic transmission (tci rebuild kit, tci torque converter w/ 3,000 stall), turbo charged, head & block work, JE SRP Pistons, Crower Rods, 310 CC injectors, Skunk 2 Intake Manifold, Comptech ESM...

My problems ever since the rebuild:

-Will not rev over 4,000 RPM - 4,500 RPM sounds like it hitting rev limiter

-Start up, the idle surges up and down, up and down, up and down....until i give it some gas...runs fine...still will not go above 4,000-4,500 RPMs sounds like it still hitting rev limiter...come to a stop at a red light I have to hold down the gas & brake pedal at a steady (1,400 RPMS) to keep my car looking like it has something major wrong (im trying to hide it)...its embarassing!!!!

-I uplugged the IACV sensor...the idling up and down stops, however it still will not rev over 4,000-4,500 rpms....now when this sensor is unplugged it throws of course a CEL....my idle also changes majorly especially in park it goes ape all the way to 2,400 RPMS!!!!! and will stay there....pull it down into drive it goes down to around 1,000 or so...and does fine....driving feels a bit weird tho...feels like it is idling still way way too HIGH!!! I even tried tinkering with the Idle Screw...doesnt show any results!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!! I Have a freaking butt load put into this motor...and it just isn't performing the way it should be at its full potential!!! This idling crap is getting on my nerves!!! Please help!

Thanks!

Old 11-06-2004, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Limp Mode, IACV, Idle!?!?! (XzCiViCzX)

Bump!
Old 11-06-2004, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what ecu are you using?? stock or chipped?
Old 11-06-2004, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Limp Mode, IACV, Idle!?!?! (hatchi)

Stock ECU....

I have installed however a COMPTECH E.S.M. inwhich is suppose to be spliced in between the map sensor...it comes pre modified for hondas, it is suppose to make the map sensor not see boost?

I AM NOT GETTING ANY CELS!!!!

Kind of confusing little deal, but currently I have been running boost fine without the car shutting down on me...

Only problem is the LIMP MODE deal....I can't figure it out...I think my IACV is messed up...b/c I can unplug it and it quit idling up and down but it surges do 2,400 in park and then in drive it goes back down to 1,000 or so... it also feels weird...kinda like you can let off the gas pedal and you are driving like cruize control...(MY CAR DOES NOT HAVE CRUIZE CONTROL!!! DX!!!!) until you hit the brakes and set your rpms back down....then you let back off and it just drives by it self at the set RPM!!!! FREAKING WEIRD!!!

I plug my IACV back up..it starts idling up and down like crazy...loping....

either way, I still can not rev past 4,000-4,500 RPMS!!!! Sounds like it hitting rev limiter...I have been told this case is due to LIMP MODE....I have unplugged battery, the fuse everything to reset computer...try again same problem!!! what the heck is the deal?

PLEASE!!! THANK YOU!!!
Old 11-06-2004, 10:17 PM

May I add about the idling up and down...(I re-read my first post) about the idling up and down and me giving it some gas...yea that stops it...but i have to hold my foot steady at red lights on the gas just so it goes around about 1,400 RPM...if i let off the gas pedal...the dang thing starts loping (idling up and down, up and down) idles up and down from like 700 rpm-2,000 rpm....and back down...tack just goes back and forth as the car sounds like it loping....did I mention my vaccum needle on my boost gauge and also my needle on my oil presure gauge moves up and down with it also? weird....
Old 11-07-2004, 09:48 PM

PLEASE!!! BUMP!!!!
Old 11-09-2004, 09:07 AM

^BUMP^
Old 11-09-2004, 09:16 AM

did you check for vacuum leaks? use brake cleaner to find the leaks. did you clean the iacv?
Old 11-09-2004, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Limp Mode, IACV, Idle!?!?! (2lua)

No Leaks, Cleaned IACV.... still no help...im thinking of trying the method that is mentioned on the board of starting up the car unpluggin the IACV and messing with the Idle screw to get it idling right...then plug er back up...best guess and sounds quite like it would work...ill let ya know!