Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

KYB AGX, need help quickly, possibly got shipped the wrong shocks

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KYB AGX, need help quickly, possibly got shipped the wrong shocks

To keep it short...here's a pic of them being installed on an EM1.

You can clearly see the damper adjustment ****...the ones I got shipped don't have that. I emailed the seller and he claims the settings on AGXs for Civics are located at the top, and there does appear to be a slot for a small screwdriver or something, but that kinda defeats the point of being able to adjust them without taking them apart I think, unless it winds up being accessible from the trunk and under the hood.

So...can anyone tell me for sure if I got the wrong ones shipped to me?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: KYB AGX, need help quickly, possibly got shipped the wrong shocks (Regal)

i think there is a slot on top of the shock. i am not sure, a freind of mine has them on a gsr and some on a civic and the **** is actually a slot in the top that is numbered. i have spax on my car and they have a **** on the side though
Old 08-20-2005, 12:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all AGX that ive seen have the LCA mounted adjustment ****
Old 08-20-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">all AGX that ive seen have the LCA mounted adjustment ****</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I can't imagine they make 2 different kinds with 2 different ways to adjust...but the guy I bought em from says that's how they are, and the post above yours seems to indicate there are ones with the adjustments on top...
Old 08-20-2005, 12:38 PM

Coming from a previous AGX owner myself, here's the deal. For EM1/EKs, the fronts have the adjustment screw at the top of the shock so you adjust those from under the hood. The fronts are 4-way adjustable. The rears are like the ones in the pic you posted. The rears are 8-way adjustable. Hope that helps.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: (Regal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Regal &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, I can't imagine they make 2 different kinds with 2 different ways to adjust...but the guy I bought em from says that's how they are, and the post above yours seems to indicate there are ones with the adjustments on top...</TD></TR></TABLE>

it could be the right ones, did you get the 8-way adjustable for the rear or the 4-way adjustable? The 8-way probably comes with the **** and the 4-way with the slot on top.

I have agx's both front and rear are only 4-way adjustable and need to be adjusted from the top.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: (.hugo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .hugo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I have agx's both front and rear are only 4-way adjustable and need to be adjusted from the top.</TD></TR></TABLE>

But what gen Civic are those AGXs for?
Old 08-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (.hugo)

EG and DC AGX are 4-way front and rear and have adjustments on the top.

EK AGX are 4-way front and 8-way rear and have the flower adjustment like pictured above at the rear.

They probably shipped you EG/DC ones and the rear forks will probably be too wide for your rear lca bushings.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (chowmien)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by derspi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Coming from a previous AGX owner myself, here's the deal. For EM1/EKs, the fronts have the adjustment screw at the top of the shock so you adjust those from under the hood. The fronts are 4-way adjustable. The rears are like the ones in the pic you posted. The rears are 8-way adjustable. Hope that helps.</TD></TR></TABLE>
correct i have them on my em1 too and that is how mine are.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: KYB AGX, need help quickly, possibly got shipped the wrong shocks (Regal)

My EG AGX's are 4 way adjustable in the front/rear with the slot on the top....
Old 08-20-2005, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

front - adjutable through top of shock
rear - adjustable through **** on shock body
Old 08-20-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: KYB AGX, need help quickly, possibly got shipped the wrong shocks (AdamQ3B85)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AdamQ3B85 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My EG AGX's are 4 way adjustable in the front/rear with the slot on the top....</TD></TR></TABLE>

same here, just got em about a month ago
Old 08-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (chowmien)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chowmien &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">EG and DC AGX are 4-way front and rear and have adjustments on the top.

EK AGX are 4-way front and 8-way rear and have the flower adjustment like pictured above at the rear.

They probably shipped you EG/DC ones and the rear forks will probably be too wide for your rear lca bushings.</TD></TR></TABLE>

this guy is correct.. return them to the guy and have him send u ones for EK
Old 08-20-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: (jArceo)

yup the guy is correct... but i used to have a 00 ek with 92-95 tokico illuminas and i used some real thick washers.. i mean i know its not the best thing to do... but if u cant return them u can still use the ones u have..
Old 08-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (winman517)

OLD ONES= Adjusting ****

NEW ONES= ADJUSTMENT ON TOP THE SHOCK

Adjust it from the inside of the trunk
Old 08-20-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: (igo4bmx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedHB..D15B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OLD ONES= Adjusting ****

NEW ONES= ADJUSTMENT ON TOP THE SHOCK

Adjust it from the inside of the trunk</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by igo4bmx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">front - adjutable through top of shock
rear - adjustable through **** on shock body</TD></TR></TABLE>

So it looks like I either got old ones or got shipped the wrong ones. All of mine are adjustable through the top. :-/

I guess I'll try to call someone at KYB tomorrow. This blows!
Old 08-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Regal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Regal &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So it looks like I either got old ones or got shipped the wrong ones. All of mine are adjustable through the top. :-/

I guess I'll try to call someone at KYB tomorrow. This blows! </TD></TR></TABLE>

The fronts should all be the same no matter the application (eg, dc, ek) and adjust from the top. As far as I understand the 96-00 AGX rears are 8-way adjust using the flower **** on the shock body because on the 96-00 chassis it is not as easy to access the top of the shock tower as it is on the EG/DC. It would be a pain in the *** to do this on a 96-00 hb because you would have to take apart the interior panels or remove the rear speakers just to get to the shock to adjust them. On the coupes and sedans it is easier because they are only covered by cloth.

btw. I own a set on my 99 hb
Old 08-21-2005, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i got agx's they suck
Old 08-21-2005, 08:09 AM

Default Re: (lazybrown187)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lazybrown187 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i got agx's they suck</TD></TR></TABLE>
no they dont
Old 08-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Crasian)

Koni is the way to go.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lazybrown187)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lazybrown187 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i got agx's they suck</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks! I'll never buy AGX's because of your post. You've truely helped me see the light.

Old 08-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ive got agx's, and i know for a fact all agx's for eg's have the adjustment at the top with a slot for a screwdriver. they are adjustable from under the hood and in the trunk im satisfied
Old 08-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtecpoweredsol)

Back when I had my AGX's they had the adjustment **** on the rear shocks and in the front they were on the top of the shock. 4 way adjustable in the front, 8 Way in the rear.

And for the money KYB AGX's are great for very mild daily driven suspension setups