Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Kill switch

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kill switch

Reading another thread and someone brought up making a kill switch.
Can anyone give instructions on how to do this. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Kill switch (08drehag)

buy a power switch and cut the wires to what you want dead and rewire. viola...

Old 01-24-2006, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Kill switch (dohcMONSTER)

How would that help you from getting your car jacked?
Old 01-24-2006, 01:52 PM

if you wire it to your ignition, your car cant be started unless you know where teh kill switch is located . . . might help a little bit
Old 01-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 08drehag &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How would that help you from getting your car jacked?</TD></TR></TABLE>

say for instance, if you put the switch on the ground or power side of your fuel pump and hide it, if the switch is interrupting the circuit, power cant flow thus, not letting your fuel pump to turn on. do that for the fuel pump, the ecu hot, the ignition and put like 2 of them in line, it makes it harder, UNLESS a thief really wants it and has a roll back.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Kill switch (blkhatch92)

yeah it helps if you hide em put on to your fuel pump
Old 01-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Mr. Badwrench

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 08drehag &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How would that help you from getting your car jacked?</TD></TR></TABLE>

say for instance, if you put the switch on the ground or power side og your fuel pump and hide it, if the switch ib interrupting the circuit, power cant flow thus, not letting your fuel pump to turn on. do that for the fuel pump, the ecu hot, the ignition and put like 2 of them in line, it makes it harder, UNLESS a theif really wants it and has a roll back.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1st, you hide the switch. so when it is turned off, the car wont start.
2nd, good security is in layers. its all about layers.

anything to slow that theft down, the more likely he/she will quit, or get caught, the better. plus its a cheap expense compared to how much you value your car. i personally have 4 different things on and in my car for theft detterants. will be 1 or 2 more once i get some more money.

and yes.... someone will say it, so i'll say it now.... if a theif really wants your car, he will get it. whether it be a tow truck, or they know when you are out of town to break into your garage. it can very easily still get stolen. just depends.

good luck.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Put those spinners in your avatar on your Honda and I guarantee nobody with any taste will steal it.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Kill switch (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Put those spinners in your avatar on your Honda and I guarantee nobody with any taste will steal it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I bet 1 of those spinners cost more than your whole car...
Old 01-24-2006, 03:09 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 08drehag &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I bet 1 of those spinners cost more than your whole car... </TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm sure they do... because they're gay
Old 01-24-2006, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a good fuel pump kill how-to here:
http://www.hstuners.com/forums...24389
I suggest this method over any others...because its mine
Old 01-24-2006, 04:14 PM
As long as I dont have to take out any more Metal Gears

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a good fuel pump kill how-to here:
http://www.hstuners.com/forums...24389
I suggest this method over any others...because its mine </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey I tried that link and it said I wasnt authorized to view that page. Do I have to register with those forums, or can u just post it here? I want to do this on my GF's EG that she just bought. Thanks
Old 01-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, they just instigated the mandatory sign-in a few hours ago.
Its a way to try to get more members, since its pretty dead there. There are always more guests than active members...

I really encourage you to join up
Old 01-24-2006, 05:00 PM

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

when i did my kill switch, i searched for it and found a really good DIY for a kill switch... not flameing but just do a simple search...
Old 01-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if you go to the audio/security section of the main page of honda tech, its stickied up on the top i believe
Old 01-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (yoej8)

i did mine one the fuel pump relay wire on the engine harness , kills the car instantly, and makes for some funny faces of passengers if you flip the switch while driving OHHHHH **** THE CAR JUST DIED doing 80mph
Old 01-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if its a manual, you could use the clutch relay, or whatever its called. vocabulary failure...
Old 01-24-2006, 11:48 PM

Default Re: (nello a.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nello a. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if its a manual, you could use the clutch relay, or whatever its called. vocabulary failure...</TD></TR></TABLE>
instructions?
Old 01-25-2006, 03:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.VTECsound.)

i have like 3 kill switches in my car...one for clutch, fuel pump, and starter...
Old 01-25-2006, 03:34 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Default Re: (d-swap)

I have 10 kill swithces now. **** YOU THIEVES.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 08drehag &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I bet 1 of those spinners cost more than your whole car... </TD></TR></TABLE>

You're a ******* idiot. I bet one of those spinners cost more than YOUR car too, you 16 year old dreamer.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:04 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (litterbox)

On your EG, on the first plug that goes into the ECU.... the A plug...

cut A7 and A8. Using connectors, extend these wires and locate the 2 switches around the car in a top secret location. Finally.. Run the wires back to the A plug and make sure the switches are on the ON position. You should be able to hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the ignition key on.

For added security, you can also add fake switches that do not connect to anything but look like they connect to the ECU wiring. Another extreme idea would be to place 4-5 switches in a row and turn some of them around... so in order to the car to start... you would have to turn switch one on.... switch two off... switch three on... and so on...

This will stop a thief from cutting a key with your VIN number and driving your car off but if he has time he can figure it out... I always liked the idea of exchanging ignition locks with a friend that has a same model honda, so the VIN number cannot be associated with the KEY.. Too many punk kids these days have access to a honda dealer parts computer terminal where they can order these keys, like they are ordering spark plugs
Old 01-25-2006, 05:12 AM

Default Re: (Nikos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nikos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">On your EG, on the first plug that goes into the ECU.... the A plug...

cut A7 and A8. Using connectors, extend these wires and locate the 2 switches around the car in a top secret location. Finally.. Run the wires back to the A plug and make sure the switches are on the ON position. You should be able to hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the ignition key on.

For added security, you can also add fake switches that do not connect to anything but look like they connect to the ECU wiring. Another extreme idea would be to place 4-5 switches in a row and turn some of them around... so in order to the car to start... you would have to turn switch one on.... switch two off... switch three on... and so on...

This will stop a thief from cutting a key with your VIN number and driving your car off but if he has time he can figure it out... I always liked the idea of exchanging ignition locks with a friend that has a same model honda, so the VIN number cannot be associated with the KEY.. Too many punk kids these days have access to a honda dealer parts computer terminal where they can order these keys, like they are ordering spark plugs</TD></TR></TABLE>

Orr you can change out your dash at some point then the VIN will do nothing for them either. Unless they are able to pop your hood and look at the firewall.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.VTECsound.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .VTECsound. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
instructions?</TD></TR></TABLE>

see my how-to link above
Old 01-25-2006, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (litterbox)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by litterbox &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have 10 kill swithces now. **** YOU THIEVES.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

6 here

Quick Reply: Kill switch