Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

K-swapped 99-00 Civic/EM1 plug Identification

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default K-swapped 99-00 Civic/EM1 plug Identification

Gentleman,

I'm hoping some of you can help ID some of these harness plugs in my K swapped 99 EM1. All of these plugs are located on the driver side and are hanging down by the fuse box unplugged. Car was K swapped and shaved/tucked and many of the of the under hood accessories removed (No ABS, Cruise control, power steering, those types of things). I bought the car this way. Its possible that some of these plugs are supposed to go under the hood but were pulled inside the cabin through the firewall to clean up the bay and just left hanging, but I'm not sure. Whether they go in the engine bay or some other place, I would still like to know what they are and am hoping you can help me ID what they are.

Here are some pics. If they are too small, let me know and I can resize and upload.

I'm pretty sure the plug in top 2nd picture (dark gray plug) is where they plug in the OBD2 emissions tester. Picture 4 (small yellowish/beige plug with red and black wires) was basically jumped together. You can see exposed copper on both red and black wires and they were twisted together basically grounding itsellf out. I separated them as you can see in the pic. Why would the wires on this plug be jumped? I have no idea what the 5 other plugs are. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance!
Attached Images        
Old 03-28-2016, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: K-swapped 99-00 Civic/EM1 plug Identification

Why do you want to identify the plugs? Is there a problem you're trying to solve or are you just curious?
Old 03-29-2016, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hi RonJ, thanks for the reply. I guess just more curiosity than anything. I was having an issue with my ecu (kpro) not getting reading the signal from the VSS sensor and my cluster not reading speed, but think that was another issue. My kpro reads signal from 02-04 rsx type s speed sensor but my transmission is an 06 that outputs a different type of signal then the ecu is designed to read. When initially troubleshooting problem though and checking fuse 15, I came across all of these plugs down by the fuse box and am just wondering what they are. I hate just having plugs everywhere and not knowing what they were intended for so thought I would ask if anyone can ID them. Any clue what any of these are?
Old 03-30-2016, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

The game is to match wire colors to functions.

For example, do the wire colors in the first connector match with the moonroof switch?

Is DLC a match for the second gray connector?

Is the other white connector for the power mirrors switch?

Is the blue connector ECU connector C?

For the other connectors, more info would help. For example, location, number of pins, wire colors, and pics with more views of each connector.

Last edited by Former User; 03-30-2016 at 06:05 AM.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you! Going to look at the colors of the wires and report back. Will also take better pics and upload. Thanks again!
Old 04-01-2016, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have k tuned VSS converter? That will converts the signal from 06+ to 02-04 and make the speedo work.

Recently worked on em1 k swapped a week ago, struggling to get speedo working and its working now.

The first picture is for sunroof switch.

The third picture is for mirrors switch.

The last picture looks like for the brake master cylinder in engine bay.

And the blue connector is for fusebox? Maybe behind of it? Double check the behind of the fusebox under dash

Other 2 switches, I cant think of. Good luck
Old 04-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 97dssi
Do you have k tuned VSS converter? That will converts the signal from 06+ to 02-04 and make the speedo work.

Recently worked on em1 k swapped a week ago, struggling to get speedo working and its working now.

The first picture is for sunroof switch.

The third picture is for mirrors switch.

The last picture looks like for the brake master cylinder in engine bay.

And the blue connector is for fusebox? Maybe behind of it? Double check the behind of the fusebox under dash

Other 2 switches, I cant think of. Good luck
Been through 2 of the VSS converters and they keep shitting the bed. Tired of dealing with it. I'm swapping out my z3 trans for an a2. I know a couple of other people who have been through more than 1 of them also. Apparently they are not made very well or we just have bad luck. I can tap on the converter and get my speedo to work. Wiring is all solid, soldered and covered with heat shrink. Continuity from the VSS signal wire to to the input wire on the VSS and blue out to the speedo and pin A18 on kpro. POwer and ground good as I have 12 volts with key switched to on.

I got the sunroof switch, mirror switch squared away as well as grey diagnostics plug. Going to check the blue plug and see if I find a spot behind the fuse box. Thanks for the input!
Old 04-08-2016, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Death_to_Thieves
Been through 2 of the VSS converters and they keep shitting the bed. Tired of dealing with it. I'm swapping out my z3 trans for an a2. I know a couple of other people who have been through more than 1 of them also. Apparently they are not made very well or we just have bad luck. I can tap on the converter and get my speedo to work. Wiring is all solid, soldered and covered with heat shrink. Continuity from the VSS signal wire to to the input wire on the VSS and blue out to the speedo and pin A18 on kpro. POwer and ground good as I have 12 volts with key switched to on.

I got the sunroof switch, mirror switch squared away as well as grey diagnostics plug. Going to check the blue plug and see if I find a spot behind the fuse box. Thanks for the input!

Went thru 2 of the VSS? Shoot... hope it don't go **** in a bit.. The em1 I worked on got 05+ type r trans. Maybe it gotta be secure the VSS really good so it wont crap out? Who knows?