Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

K Sport Coilovers... hmmm?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K Sport Coilovers... hmmm?

I'm debating about the coilvers selection, i wanna get skunk 2 coilovers, but these Ksport coilovers in this link>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...QrdZ1 look pretty good, anyone have any experience with them? thanx in advanced
Old 04-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: K Sport Coilovers... hmmm? (Brugalontherocks)

i have ksports on my eg and they're alright. i didnt really like them until i took the time to adjust the stiffness to the PERFECT level for me. they're like 36 way adjustable so thats pretty kick ***. but for that price i wouldnt buy them. id just keep saving money.

my homie shop sold me a brand new set for 300 bucks. for 300 bucks they're ******* amazing, but for 700+ buy something else.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: K Sport Coilovers... hmmm? (Pr0ject93hb)

wow! brand new for $300... you got a good deal.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:56 AM

DAG 300? tell your boy to put me one
Old 04-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't wanna be negative or anything, but all of the Ksport and D2 coilovers I have experience with were all pretty much junk. To begin with they work fine but dampening from full stiff and soft theres is barely any difference which = BAD. Yes, the suspension will work for the time being but if you're on full stiff just to get decent dampening, what do you do when the shocks begin to wear and you can't make them any stiffer. Save the 700 and buy something that works. I've had good experience with Skunk 2 springs/coilovers, just be careful when choosing your shocks. I haven't had very good experiences with the off the shelf Koni Yellows, but im sure they work great once they get revalved. Tokico's aren't too shabby for the price either. I personally run Ohlins PCV dampers and they're great but a bit pricey for a street/show car.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:09 AM

Thanx bro... were talking about 700 for coilovers, i atleast want them to be good.... so i just might go for the Skunk 2 Coilovers and some KYB or Tokico adjustable Shocks
Old 04-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

S2s arent gonna be a fun ride. A lot of people will tell you they're uncomfortably stiff.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:36 AM

So what coilovers are good? Groundcontrols?
Old 04-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alright, for one - ksport kontrols are for the street. ksport offers racing spec dampers. if you are expecting a street spec damper kit to over neck snapping stiffness then you are dreaming. for what they are they are a great product. i have had mine for over a year and im am extremely happy with them. for two - to the kid who got them brand new for 300 they were probably stolen, cost on them is more than that.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Brugalontherocks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Brugalontherocks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So what coilovers are good? Groundcontrols?</TD></TR></TABLE>

a lot of people like those.

and there is a HUGE differance from soft to stiff on k sport pros. i mean, i run mine stiff as expletive, and i can tell the differance from soft. huge differance.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Pr0ject93hb)

Function and Form coilovers (10k front/6k rear) &gt; *

Also, search the classifieds. I was quoted 600 shipped including LCA's from a sponsor.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:43 AM

thanx guys.... so now i'm back to debating lol, maybe the ksports arent so bad, and i like that they are a complete set for 700, but i also like the skunk2s but they aint complete, i dont wanna deal with the put together crap, and the complete skunk2s are kinda expensive, so i'm kinda leaning towards the ksports since they come with shocks too... which i do need
Old 04-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (SoCal EJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SoCal EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">S2s arent gonna be a fun ride. A lot of people will tell you they're uncomfortably stiff.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I love my skunk2 with tokico illumia's but i have had passangers that say its to bouncy. Eh screw them its my car

We just installed Ksports on one of our cars but havent tested them due to no motor. But so far it looks like a good setup but very time consuming to set the setting to where you would like it.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:58 AM

DAMN 36 ways adjustable, what is that? i can only think of 3.......
1 Height
2 Damp
3 Camber
Old 04-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Brugalontherocks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DAMN 36 ways adjustable, what is that? i can only think of 3.......
1 Height
2 Damp
3 Camber</TD></TR></TABLE>

its the differance between all the differant set ups you can set up on there. like how many ways you can adjust the height and stiffness. you know?

Any other ways to adjust... and are the adjustments atleast user friendly kinda, i dont think i would have trouble, but i wanna know, depending on how lazy i am in that day, and to make sure, these do come with shocks right? if yes are they good? and if not will i have trouble putting in some ex:Tokico Illuminas?
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Pr0ject93hb)

ksports arent as bad as everyone says. i like them.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you can get them from the sponsors onhere for less then 600 shipped.

you might want to know that for the past two months alot of people are complaining they have blown in less then a year. do a search

i had D2s and loved them never had a problem. K2s i was going to get till i read all the negativity about them. up to you though.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:14 PM

ohhh..... 36 ways, as in
5 height adjustments
5 Dampening
10 camber setting
Is that what u mean? and do they come with adjustable shocks?
Old 04-08-2007, 12:35 PM

just a question, since the civic is a front wheel drive car, shouldn't the rear be stiffer to overcome it's tendancy to understeer?
Old 04-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Zac86)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Zac86 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just a question, since the civic is a front wheel drive car, shouldn't the rear be stiffer to overcome it's tendancy to understeer?</TD></TR></TABLE>
upgraded rear sway bar, or no sway with stiffer rears.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Brugalontherocks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ohhh..... 36 ways, as in
5 height adjustments
5 Dampening
10 camber setting
Is that what u mean? and do they come with adjustable shocks? </TD></TR></TABLE>
36 way dampening adjustments.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SoCal EJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Brugalontherocks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanx bro... were talking about 700 for coilovers, i atleast want them to be good.... so i just might go for the Skunk 2 Coilovers and some KYB or Tokico adjustable Shocks</TD></TR></TABLE>
You're welcome. It's really up to you, the Ksport package may be just fine for a lot of people for street use, occasional spirited driving, and light track use. Just be weary of the chances that the shocks may wear or blow sooner than youd like or expect them to.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pr0ject93hb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">a lot of people like those.

and there is a HUGE differance from soft to stiff on k sport pros. i mean, i run mine stiff as expletive, and i can tell the differance from soft. huge differance.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My friend had a set of D2 coilovers on his Accord. They were completely functional for a period of time, although he had to run them on full stiff to get them to work properly. Period of time = a few months. Afterward they started making clunking noises and the shocks blew. This also happened on a customers RSX.

I helped install a set of Ksport coilovers on a 240sx at a local shop that I don't work at. As for the ride out of the box, it honestly was not bad. I tried to set the dampening stiffer and stiffer until it was maxed out and I noticed only a slight difference. By slight I mean from full soft to full stiff, it would be 3 clicks of adjustment on my Ohlins if that (which click about 15-20 times from full soft to full stiff). I had this same result on another buddy's civic.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i used to run the ksport coilovers, out of the box, too stiff. tried playing wit the settings, still couldnt get a good dial in for everyday dd purposes. i sold those and got the tein flex, loving it!
Old 04-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (CivicSiRX)

It would be good if we knew why you were upgrading your suspension before we started telling you why or why not to get a particular product. K-Sports are good for absolutely nothing. I've installed them before and they compensate for being cheap by being excessively stiff in the damping department. If a painful ride is what gets your rocks off, maybe these are for you, but the performance isn't there and neither is the comfort.

If - like 95% of the other members on this site - you're lowering your car for looks, get some run-of-the-mill coilovers and ride dumped on stock shocks until they blow. At that point, replace them with something cheap, rinse and repeat.

If you're in that small minority that road races or autocrosses their Civic, invest in Koni Yellows and custom rate springs. The proper spring rates coupled with the Yellows will help you outhandle most stock cars on the road with little effort. A big rear swaybar is also recommended, regardless of the path you choose.

Quick Reply: K Sport Coilovers... hmmm?