Default K-Sport Coilovers?

have anyone heard of these?
well here are some specs.

36 Way Fully Adjustable Dampening.
Light Weight Aluminum Top Mounts
Pillow Top Mounts (adjustable camber) just found out its sold seperetly
Monotube High Pressure Design
44mm Shock Piston, 50mm Body
Custom Spring Rates Available (3.5, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 18, and 22 kg/mm)
Springs are Interchangeable

*I was wondering are these any good cause i am really thinking about buying these, pretty good price for so much adjustablity. ($545+$40Shipping)

Modified by Crank at 7:56 AM 3/30/2004
Old 03-30-2004, 05:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: K-Sport Coilovers? (Crank)

oh yeah heres the link
http://www.groupbuycenter.com/buy.aspx?id=14955
Old 03-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Future Texas Boy

Taiwanese garbage (my opinion). You`re screwed when they blow out.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: K-Sport Coilovers? (vtecvoodoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecvoodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Taiwanese garbage (my opinion). You`re screwed when they blow out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well, its original manifactre is a japanese company called D2, its just relabled and in differnt color. the msrp on these are $1100, so $600 isnt all that bad..
i think i might of got that wrong. . taiwanese ****.. sorry for the quoting

Modified by Crank at 10:37 AM 3/30/2004
Old 03-30-2004, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would go with a common brand like tein, tanabe or the common combo of koni/gc... just to be on the safer side of things. That's a good price though why dont give it a try and tell us about it i dont know but adj. dampers are already $500 most.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecvoodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Taiwanese garbage (my opinion). You`re screwed when they blow out.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not trying to sound like a dick, but do you like anything that doesn't say Eibach on it? Just wondering because you seem to down everything else.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:25 AM

Default Re: K-Sport Coilovers? (96hb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96hb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not trying to sound like a dick, but do you like anything that doesn't say Eibach on it? Just wondering because you seem to down everything else. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't meam do be a dick back, but don't you think he has a valid point? He's tested and compared many different brands from A to Z and I never see him saying "Thats junk, buy these Eibach stuff from me". Honestly, I have never seen him put something down and suggest Eibach products in the same post! He's not in it to make Eibach look better, just to make sure you don't end up with shitty products.

And about the guy being shafted if a shock decides to blow, yes, he is 100% correct. I don't know of a US K-Speed office to help him get his stuff sent out, repaired and sent back.

Voodoo, I for one appreciate your knowledge and input on some of these madd JDM products and how most are all hype with no performance to back it up.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Crank &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Pillow Top Mounts (adjustable camber) just found out its sold seperetly
Modified by Crank at 7:56 AM 3/30/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

They will not adjust camber on your car if you have shocks like most Civics in this forum.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: K-Sport Coilovers? (EVIL_EKology)

I'm not knocking Eibach springs, but that doesn't mean they are the be all to end all. There are many other quality spring manufacturers out there. Do you think Eibach was an instant hit when they started? I'm not saying that K-Sport is good or bad, but don't just say everything else is garbage and Eibach is the best in the world and then close your eyes and put your hands over your ears and go lalalala so you can't hear anyone say otherwise. LOL! Some like Eibach....others say they are crap. Just like everything else out there. Some like 'em, some don't. And yes, I had Eibach's before and they were ok. Except for the fact that my car was slammed with the pro kit in a couple of years.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:37 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96hb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not knocking Eibach springs, but that doesn't mean they are the be all to end all. There are many other quality spring manufacturers out there. Do you think Eibach was an instant hit when they started? I'm not saying that K-Sport is good or bad, but don't just say everything else is garbage and Eibach is the best in the world and then close your eyes and put your hands over your ears and go lalalala so you can't hear anyone say otherwise. LOL! Some like Eibach....others say they are crap. Just like everything else out there. Some like 'em, some don't. And yes, I had Eibach's before and they were ok. Except for the fact that my car was slammed with the pro kit in a couple of years. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not saying that Eibach is the be all to end all either, just wanted to make a point that Voodoo is not here promoting Eibach in his posts, he's just giving his honest opinion about the suspension. His ability to actually test many different products enables him to give responses backed by facts, not hear-say like most of the info on this site. I think because many of his findings are contrary to popular belief when it comes to expensive JDM suspension set-ups that he is being put down for his findings, but it should be seen as valuable insight, rather than promotion of his own product. I'm done.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:45 AM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EVIL_EKology &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm not saying that Eibach is the be all to end all either, just wanted to make a point that Voodoo is not here promoting Eibach in his posts, he's just giving his honest opinion about the suspension. His ability to actually test many different products enables him to give responses backed by facts, not hear-say like most of the info on this site. I think because many of his findings are contrary to popular belief when it comes to expensive JDM suspension set-ups that he is being put down for his findings, but it should be seen as valuable insight, rather than promotion of his own product. I'm done. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Good stuff. Wassup mang!
Old 03-30-2004, 08:47 AM
Future Texas Boy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96hb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not trying to sound like a dick, but do you like anything that doesn't say Eibach on it? Just wondering because you seem to down everything else. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It`s a $500 32 way adjustable full coilover? How good do you think it is?

I have plenty of good things to say about a lot of our competitions product (bilstein, koni, moton, h&R, etc.), [b]but in this forum specifically, you guys only post threads about stunna junk[b]. It`s not about a "32 way adjustable blach blah blah", it`s all about a car that handles well. You guys are buying garbage simply to say that you have "coilovers". It`s stupid..
Old 03-30-2004, 08:48 AM

Default Re: K-Sport Coilovers? (EM1b18cR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EM1b18cR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Good stuff. Wassup mang! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thizzanks y0!! Typed it all up while on a confference call. H-T'in at work ownz me. Haha!
Old 03-30-2004, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: K-Sport Coilovers? (EM1b18cR)

seems like a good deal... you should try them .. plus if you are one of the first 30 people to order i think .. u get a free set of springs ...

never heard of them .. and i doubt some one in here has try them already

so if you can afford them and u cant afford anything else .. go on get them and come back and give some output on them

Old 03-30-2004, 08:57 AM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EVIL_EKology &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thizzanks y0!! Typed it all up while on a confference call. H-T'in at work ownz me. Haha! </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahah i'm at school and I'm going to be late. H-T ownz me too..ahaha to the maker of this thread...just get it. Its a smokin' deal so just get it and tell us how good/bad it is.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: K-Sport Coilovers? (Solracer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Solracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

They will not adjust camber on your car if you have shocks like most Civics in this forum.</TD></TR></TABLE>

copy and pasted from the other site, so dont mind that one
Old 03-30-2004, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

relax guys this is just a thread i started to see how good are these lol
Old 03-30-2004, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well, heres a link to another site thats selling it,
http://www.modacar.com/product...DACOI

they are labled D2 Racing Sports Resilience 36 Adjustable Coilovers
"All D2 products are race proven performance."&lt;-- that got me intrested

scroll down

heres they offical D2 website
http://www.d2racing.com.tw/
and yes i think these are taiwan ****....
Old 03-30-2004, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

OOOOOO Test!!!
Old 03-30-2004, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well, personally i think it might be a good suspension cause the mercedes race car got a HUDGE* D2 sticker on it

Old 03-30-2004, 09:45 AM
Future Texas Boy

That doesn`t tell you anything. You want to see them dyno`d. That will tell you if they are any good or not. Plus, the springs should be fatigue tested like the shocks.

I give them props for at least cycle testing though.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well, imma give these coilovers a shot, since im in need suspension, and then i'll give yall a full report! god h-t moves too damn fast
Old 03-30-2004, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Crank &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, personally i think it might be a good suspension cause the mercedes race car got a HUDGE* D2 sticker on it
</TD></TR></TABLE>

And I can garundamntee you that those Strurs on that race car are going to be nothing like the Shocks you get for your car but I digress, The Shock may be good, however the springs could be crap and right like crap, so when they do call vtecvoodoo and get you some good springs.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:17 PM
Future Texas Boy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Crank &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, personally i think it might be a good suspension cause the mercedes race car got a HUDGE* D2 sticker on it
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dunno about the coilovers, but their marketing is working.

LOL
Old 03-30-2004, 12:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecvoodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I dunno about the coilovers, but their marketing is working.

LOL</TD></TR></TABLE>

Isn't that the truth.

Quick Reply: K-Sport Coilovers?