Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Just installed my OEM fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 03:02 PM
most hood white kid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed my OEM fog lights

Ok...so I just installed my OEM foglights, but haven't wired them up yet, just tun the wires from the actual lights through the firewall and thats it here are a few pics of them...

but here is the problem...you see the gap between the bezel and the bumper?? this gap was not htere when the bumper was off of the car....is there something I need to cut on the radiator support to keep this from sticking out? it isnt bad or anyhting...just annyoing...here is a pic that you might be able to seer the gap better

i am talking about the gap that that is closest to the center grill...

TIA!!
Old 02-27-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Just installed my OEM fog lights (egcoupe94)

I have the same problem with mine but mines not to bad a little gap like 1/4''

Old 02-27-2005, 03:22 PM
most hood white kid

mine is more like 1/2 an inch....isnt noticeable unless u are right up on them, but it still bugs me, anyone got any answers?
Old 02-27-2005, 03:40 PM
most hood white kid

bump
Old 02-27-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: (egcoupe94)

bump
Old 02-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: chillin in that city called queen creek, but homes the atl
Default Re: (just4747)

nice now paint that engine bay
Old 02-27-2005, 04:42 PM
most hood white kid

Default Re: (street dreams)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by street dreams &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nice now paint that engine bay</TD></TR></TABLE>

why would I do this?? i just need to paint the car...but you would see why if you looked at my de-ricing thread in my sig.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those are not oem foglights at all... but on to your problem. it looks like the foglight holes need to be cut more. and the bracket that screws into the back of the foglight needs to be looked at and recut, then it should fit flat against the holes
Old 02-27-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Just installed my OEM fog lights (cxSHOE)

theyre not oem? oem replicas?
Old 02-27-2005, 05:18 PM
most hood white kid

Default Re: Just installed my OEM fog lights (cxSHOE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">those are not oem foglights at all... but on to your problem. it looks like the foglight holes need to be cut more. and the bracket that screws into the back of the foglight needs to be looked at and recut, then it should fit flat against the holes </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know they arent....I didnt buy tem from honda..im not stupid and sped that much money....but the gap isnt there when the bumper is off of the car, but when I put the bumper on...it pushes the lights out and forces the gap
Old 02-27-2005, 05:37 PM
Hatchback Maniac

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egcoupe94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I know they arent....I didnt buy tem from honda..im not stupid and sped that much money....but the gap isnt there when the bumper is off of the car, but when I put the bumper on...it pushes the lights out and forces the gap</TD></TR></TABLE>

In all honesty...you get what you pay for. Don't ever expect OEM fitment from an OEM knock off. I see so many people including yourself say "I'm not dumb enough to pay all that money for the real thing", then complain about fitment. Just pull the fogs and see what's pushing them out, then trim accordingly.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:08 PM
most hood white kid

nothing wrong with OEM knock offs...i was just curious as to why it looked good when the bumper was off....and it has this gap when the bumper is mounted
Old 02-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you still using the attachment tabs on the bottom of the bumper cover,and do you still have the support styrofoam behind the bumper cover?looks like the bumper cover is getting pulled too far back when you install it.
i have ghetto OEM knockoff fogs and they fit perfect-what brand are yours?
Chris
Old 02-27-2005, 06:46 PM
most hood white kid

Default Re: Just installed my OEM fog lights (TeamNextGenChris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamNextGenChris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you still using the attachment tabs on the bottom of the bumper cover,and do you still have the support styrofoam behind the bumper cover?looks like the bumper cover is getting pulled too far back when you install it.
i have ghetto OEM knockoff fogs and they fit perfect-what brand are yours?
Chris</TD></TR></TABLE>

it says ESUSE on the box...I bought them off of ebay....yes I still have the styrofoam behind the bumper cover...what do u mean attachment tabs on te bottom of the bumper cover?
Old 02-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egcoupe94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I know they arent....I didnt buy tem from honda..im not stupid and sped that much money....but the gap isnt there when the bumper is off of the car, but when I put the bumper on...it pushes the lights out and forces the gap</TD></TR></TABLE>

dont take offensive to my post. its just your make the thread " just installed my OEM foglights" so naturally if they are not and it doesnt fit you will get those comments from me and others about them not being oem... i mean im sure you can understand that... its like if i made a post about oem yellow fog lights and they are sprayed and wondering why the yellow paint is coming off.

but anyway. what is pushing the fogs out? there shouldnt be anything in the way that would push anything? unless you have a 4 door coupe and using a hatchback bumper but not sure if thats what you did or not cant tell from the photos.. ?? and i only say that because the coupe fog lights us small brackets for a reason. or maybe these are just a messed up set???
Old 02-27-2005, 10:11 PM

i just installed mine today OEM REPLICA fits ok.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:58 PM
most hood white kid

I think it is the radiator core support that is pushing them out...I will take pics from under the car tomorrow.....are ones from a 2 dr. different from a 3 dr.?
Old 02-27-2005, 11:00 PM

mine dont have that gap. just went and checked.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:03 PM
most hood white kid

well....that is good for you but sucks for me!!! lol....I dont know what is wrong with them....it may not bother some people, but I feel like it sticks out like a sore thumb!
Old 02-27-2005, 11:08 PM

looks like its mounted too far away from the center. its like both parts on the outside need to move in a little.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:12 PM
most hood white kid

Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

what do you mean move them in?? the holes on the back of the bumper line up with the holes on the bracket....but could the radiator support cause them to push out?
Old 02-27-2005, 11:14 PM

the foglights shouldnt be getting pressed out by the radiator support. mine never did and my IS300 fogs are bigger than the OEM EG's and only the wires touch the radiator support.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:16 PM
most hood white kid

im talking about could part of the bracket be pushing against the radiator support?
Old 02-27-2005, 11:21 PM

Nothing on the foglight assembly should be touching the radiator support. my cheap depo fogs didnt touch the radiator support so i dont see y OEM would. OEM should have better fitment than Depo's
Old 02-27-2005, 11:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nothing on the foglight assembly should be touching the radiator support. my cheap depo fogs didnt touch the radiator support so i dont see y OEM would. OEM should have better fitment than Depo's</TD></TR></TABLE>

He doesn't have OEM fogs, they are some other brand.

Quick Reply: Just installed my OEM fog lights