Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Just finished installing headlights on friends 99si, why was it such a bitch?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just finished installing headlights on friends 99si, why was it such a bitch?

The only problem i encountered was getting the screw which tapers in to the metal bracket in the back bumper. The screw no where near lined up with the bracket what so ever. It took alot of force to make it line up and drilling the hole to be accurate and clean looking was a bitch.I ended up having to ghetto rig it up and it still didnt come out looking to good. The housing that covers the hole you make in the bumper just wasnt flush with the bumper itself and has a thick gap. What gives? Ive never had any problem with such a simple modification like this. What ******* gives ?

End communication.

<FONT SIZE="6">Misprint on my topic description. Im talking about foglights. </FONT>

Modified by BolivianFuego at 9:39 PM 12/3/2004
Old 12-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just finished installing headlights on friends 99si, why was it such a bitch? (BolivianFuego)

Pictures.....?
Old 12-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just finished installing headlights on friends 99si, why was it such a bitch? (Hatch It)

Forgot to take pics, but you know if you look down on the bumper like from the top looking down, you see a big gap bwtween the housing and sitting flush to the bumper. Damn honda. :madface:
Old 12-03-2004, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

wtf are you even talking about??
Why are you drilling anything to put headlights on??
Old 12-03-2004, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just finished installing headlights on friends 99si, why was it such a bitch? (BolivianFuego)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BolivianFuego &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Damn honda. :madface:</TD></TR></TABLE>

ohhh no he didn't :snaps fingers and rocks head bacl and forth:
Old 12-03-2004, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wtf are you even talking about??
Why are you drilling anything to put headlights on??</TD></TR></TABLE>
T'was a mis print. I meant foglights, obviously your the type who can't decipher anything when confused.

Ahh children. Even the 03 members are acting up. LOL Thats right i made fun of the 'all mighty honda' what now?

But seriously did any of you ever encounter this problem? Im not one to really depend on forums to resolve petty issues like this but it just pissed me off so much.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wtf are you even talking about??
Why are you drilling anything to put headlights on??</TD></TR></TABLE>

he's talking about the foglights, I believe him. Bump for some answers damn it!
Old 12-03-2004, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Lil Corb)

What im talking about is given in the pic, for all you "verbally challanged" people.

<FONT COLOR="red">"Thats what im talking about right there, a really big gap and the brackets in the back didnt line up good at all with the screw that was given to hold the housing."</FONT>
Old 12-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (BolivianFuego)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BolivianFuego &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What im talking about is given in the pic, for all you "verbally challanged" people.

"Thats what im talking about right there, a really big gap and the brackets in the back didnt line up good at all with the screw that was given to hold the housing."</TD></TR></TABLE>
well us "verbally challanged" people know the difference between headlights and foglights, same cant be said for you.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BolivianFuego &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
T'was a mis print. I meant foglights, obviously your the type who can't decipher anything when confused.

Ahh children. Even the 03 members are acting up. LOL
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe I think too much of 01 members who should be sure they dont make such a stupid mistake and confuse fog lights and headlights. Since theyre so much different and all.

"Help, I cant get the rotors to go on in front of the wheels"
Old 12-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kamin)

Ouch i wasnt trying to be offensive. Some one just asked for pics up top. Take it easy. This ones for you.

Now back to the topic on hand. Man you people in the EG forum are pretty edgy. Come on you ******* lighten up.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Maybe I think too much of 01 members who should be sure they dont make such a stupid mistake and confuse fog lights and headlights. Since theyre so much different and all.</TD></TR></TABLE>
If you would have done more than read the title and jumped to a conclusion then you would 2+2 together and added to this thread with a helpful comment.

Now again back to the topic at hand. I got a pic, and i asked for some tips.

If you have nothing helpful to add to this thread dont post it up. Just PM me and we can talk if you have problems with my mistyped "headlight" in my decription for this thread.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BolivianFuego &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What im talking about is given in the pic, for all you "verbally challanged" people.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Next time use the right words and nobody will be confused, dumbass.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Next time use the right words and nobody will be confused, dumbass.</TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BolivianFuego &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you have nothing helpful to add to this thread dont post it up. Just PM me and we can talk if you have problems with my mistyped "headlight" in my decription for this thread. </TD></TR></TABLE>
My fault the slip of a finger can do that. But please read what i quoted above from my last post please. Thanks

So back again to the topic at hand, who has some ideas for me?
Old 12-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No, I did read the post. Did you read? I asked why you were drilling...which is why I was confused. That makes sense.

You messed...what to do?
Answer: You couldve clarified.
The Wrong Answer: Be an *** to try to cover up the fact that you made said mistake.

What I was doing, was trying to make sense of what you were asking. Excuse me for assuming.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the instructions given by honda were to drill a hole through the black plastic in the bumper. It says a 11mm hole. I drilled the hole hoping to line up the screw directly with the bracket in the back but to no avail as lining up the screw and the bracket to connect nice and easy was a bitch. I dont know how you have installed foglight on 99+civics but directly from honda they tell you to instructively drill.

On another note this isnt GDD so if you want to debate me on how i made a really confusing post please do PM me. Dont scare away the real people on this section of this site who could help me out, your anger towards me is just making me look bad baby'
Old 12-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BolivianFuego &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My fault the slip of a finger can do that. But please read what i quoted above from my last post please. Thanks

So back again to the topic at hand, who has some ideas for me? </TD></TR></TABLE>

f-o-g, h-e-a-d...hmmm. Looks like more than a slip of the finger to me. Maybe you should just stop being such an ******* when you **** up and you'll get a better reaction from the general populace.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

f-o-g, h-e-a-d...hmmm. Looks like more than a slip of the finger to me. Maybe you should just stop being such an ******* when you **** up and you'll get a better reaction from the general populace.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you have nothing helpful to add to this thread dont post it up. <FONT SIZE="5">Just PM me</FONT> and we can talk if you have problems with my mistyped "headlight" in my decription for this thread. </TD></TR></TABLE>
On another note this isnt GDD so if you want to debate me on how i made a really confusing post <FONT SIZE="5">please do PM me</FONT>. Dont scare away the real people on this section of this site who could help me out, your anger towards me is just making me look bad baby' </TD></TR></TABLE>
Does no one read what i write? I swear, if you want to flame someone go to GDD, lets keep this section of the site <FONT SIZE="7">Technical</FONT> How its suppose to be.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Up for some informative know how on how to make the foglight housing sit more flush to the bumper.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:09 PM

are they OEM fogs from honda? or did you get the ones that are OEM style off EBAY, the honda oem fogs fit very nicely . . . . .
Old 12-03-2004, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b20todaej6)

Damn Im not verbally challanged, i knew you ment headlights, but you didnt mean headlights.....obviously im going to wonder what your talking about....so i ask for pics.....

WOW, you were the one talking about drilling headlights.... So dont hate on me for asking for pictures to get an idea what the hell your talking about...

::hammer on head pic::
Old 12-03-2004, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hatch It)

Sorry for the sarcasm as i never proofread my topic. Didnt know i mistyped 'headlight' for 'foglight'. I thought i wasnt clear enough on my description. Hope i didnt hurt your feelings if so heres a beer.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:02 PM

they stick out because the person installing them is wack
Old 12-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BolivianDc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BolivianDc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they stick out because the person installing them is wack </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Were the fogs OEM or OEM style?
Old 12-03-2004, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (green00EX)

They were OEM honda pieces purchased from Handa-accessories.com

Quick Reply: Just finished installing headlights on friends 99si, why was it such a bitch?