Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Just Completed Swap.. 3 weeks ago.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Completed Swap.. 3 weeks ago.

Hello. Just completed my swap.. 2000 Gsr to a 1993 Civic ex. I'll post pics soon.. if anyone having trouble with this swap let me know maybe i can help you.. Some quick facts..

Powersteering
- 2000 integra pump will not work in a civic engine bay without changing the line. "the bolts from the civic line DO NOT match the 2000 gsr pump."
- i used the civic power steering pump with the b18 mount, the top bolt fits fine, the lower one requires some fabrication. (custom mount)

Air Conditioning
- Already covered many times, the delsol vtec mount bolt's the compressor to the b18.

Don't forget to change your heater core line. the civic one is too short. It's the second hose located on the left side of the firewall. Be gentle so you don't bend the pipe.

The exhaust will line up just fine as long as you use the gsr cat. In my case i just got an extension welded for 25 dollars.

Wiring
If you have a 92-95 civic ex, vtec and oil wires are already there

Knock Sensor = red/blue from the engine bay (usually in the top plug passenger side) run that to d3 plug on the ecu

IAB can be pinned from a20.. just pull a20 and move it to a17.. a17 will be empty so you'll know it's the right one.

If your cluster doesn't work., The signal comes from the blue wire from the distributer. Run that wire to the blue wire on the driver side harness.

Some common problems..
Over heating.
The stock civic radiator can handle the b18 just make sure you don't have any air in your coolant, if need be replace the thermostat and the radiator cap. I had a massive over heating problem, to fix it, all i did was let the car run with the radiator cap off for about 5 minutes and in the mornings after the car sits cold fill the radiator until it was full. got all the air out and fixed the heating problem..

sorry if this tech is hard to understand.. keep in mind this was an obd2b swap into an obd1 car somethings might be different if you have a different obd engine. if you new swappers have any questions, i'll be happy to try and help you.. Long and short.. this swap is by far one of the easiest i've seen.. it was fun.

Old 09-17-2004, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job. I cant wait to be able to afford my engine swap.