Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Jimfab jim fab motor mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jimfab jim fab motor mounts?

anyone have these or are currently using them?

I'm hearing stories from Euclid about having to use locktite because of the stiffness. I was thinking about getting the street ones. Anyone have these and NOT have to locktite all the bolts? How long have they had it for? thanks...

fyi... http://www.jimfab.com phreaking cheap mounts and they seem sturdy. i want some, but i am worried i'll have to locktite everything. and i don't own an air compressor
Old 06-02-2003, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Jimfab jim fab motor mounts? (all stock)

just alittle background info... i am swapping and i am looking for mounts, i was 90% set on getting these jimfab mounts and i asked the builder assembling my motor if there are any ill effects... he said that solid mounts for street use are not good b/c not only with the vibration rattle the interior bolts loose(which most of us already know) but it will actually untorque the engine bolts too. NOT GOOD. so i am not getting them... this is not an assault on jimfabs products or the quality of the mounts, it just seems to be the nature of the beast. i have the jimfab traction bars and they are great, he offers awesome customer service as well, i will email him tonight about this concern.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Jimfab jim fab motor mounts? (euclid)

Man i was hopin i could tell a newb to search...but its redschoolinbus y0. lol your ferio is the shiet. BTW SEARCH!!! there was just like a 4-5 page post on JimFab vs. HASport.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by euclid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just alittle background info... i am swapping and i am looking for mounts, i was 90% set on getting these jimfab mounts and i asked the builder assembling my motor if there are any ill effects... he said that solid mounts for street use are not good b/c not only with the vibration rattle the interior bolts loose(which most of us already know) but it will actually untorque the engine bolts too. NOT GOOD. so i am not getting them... this is not an assault on jimfabs products or the quality of the mounts, it just seems to be the nature of the beast. i have the jimfab traction bars and they are great, he offers awesome customer service as well, i will email him tonight about this concern.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah Euclid, I've heard this concern before. But 5 or 6 of my friends are running B series motors in their hatches, using the Jim Fab mounts, and they haven't had any problems, aside from one guys headlight bulb going out shortly after (not sure if that was due to the vibration). It certainly does vibrate quite a bit in the cabin! You can feel it, but the car feels completely solid.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Jimfab jim fab motor mounts? (MagillaGorilla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MagillaGorilla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man i was hopin i could tell a newb to search...but its redschoolinbus y0. lol your ferio is the shiet. BTW SEARCH!!! there was just like a 4-5 page post on JimFab vs. HASport. </TD></TR></TABLE>

my original post isn't a vs statement. I want personal experience about people who use jimfab. I don't wanna locktite all my bolts with handtools.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:19 PM
Trial User

i have fimfab mounts and i did not locktite all the bolts and the car has been running now for 2 weeks.. when i have time i should go back over everthing and make sure everything is tight.. the car does shakemore at all idle but i can definatly tell a difference over the stock POS mounts i had before.. they are great.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Jimfab jim fab motor mounts? (rodrez)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah Euclid, I've heard this concern before. But 5 or 6 of my friends are running B series motors in their hatches, using the Jim Fab mounts, and they haven't had any problems, aside from one guys headlight bulb going out shortly after (not sure if that was due to the vibration). It certainly does vibrate quite a bit in the cabin! You can feel it, but the car feels completely solid. </TD></TR></TABLE>

how long have they had them in for? the stuff ppl say makes me feel a lil more allievated. i think i'ma get em.
Old 06-03-2003, 06:03 AM

just put mines in this weekend. They are solid mounts (2 lower) just what I needed. You can totally feel the differences when you fire up the car but ones the car warms up is all good.. Eventually the motor mount will be worn in and they shouldnt shake that much. I am going to check my bolts this weekend to make sure they are tight. I didnt use locktite.
Old 06-03-2003, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93si)

I have had my Jimfab torque mounts for over a year! Every thing seams fine. Also over the year I have replaced all my other mounts with Hasport race compound mounts.

The vibration of just the torque mounts was insane. It was pretty bad. Now that all the stock mounts are gone the car is allot smother. So my advice would be if you are going with a stiff mount take the plunge and get them all at the same time.
Old 06-03-2003, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by all stock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

how long have they had them in for? the stuff ppl say makes me feel a lil more allievated. i think i'ma get em.</TD></TR></TABLE>

3 of them have been in for over a year. HT user Opi has a set also, but not sure how long, more than 6 months for sure
Old 06-03-2003, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Jimfab jim fab motor mounts? (rodrez)

ok i got a reply from jim today, i am going to parphrase what he wrote... he said he doesnt know, which is understandable. he said he has not heard of it happening before, but it might be possible.
i will talk to greg tonight about what he told me too, i'd like to get to the bottom of this and i'm about to shell out 400$ for mugen mounts which i really dont want to do. stock ones arnt much cheaper either.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:18 PM

does he have data on his test cars? how did they fare?
Old 07-01-2003, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Does Jimfab only make lower mounts? And what do you mean by torque mounts?
Old 07-01-2003, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jimfab jim fab motor mounts? (VWkila)

www. jimfab.com

lower torque mounts and the rear mount..

I have all 3 (gottem for 100 shipped) I love how my car feels now!!!! its FUKING GREAT!!!
Old 07-01-2003, 09:44 AM

I got my all three Jimfab mounts for my 99lx, but due to a blown head gasket I can't tell you much about it. But I installed a H22 in a 98dx hatch with place racing mounts, and they are super stiff. It has been 4 months, and nothing has came loose. And that car is just one big vibrator. I seriously hope my car won't be shaking like that. Hopefully I can tell you in a week how those Jimfabs are. And he is a great guy! Really great service.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I am going to purchase just the front 2 torque mounts on mine, and install them. I hope they are not as bad as everyone says they are with the vibrations... if they are, oh well, I can live with it!!
Old 07-01-2003, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

kinda Ot... but I'd suggest using locktite on es inserts... bolts shake loose... especially mount bolts... I've had to re-tighten mine like 3 times in under a year...

Just put a DOT of it on the end of the thread... you can still get the bolts out... just use a prybar or something to leverage it off..

my .02
Old 07-01-2003, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got the lower two, and they were just way too stiff for me for daily driving. If it was just a track *****, they would have been great, but way too much vibe in the cabin for me.

They were great pieces, and Jim customer service was also great. Very understanding on the return and such.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mojo-Jojo)

what will happen if i get the jimfab motor mounts with extra stiff bushing?

will there just be more vibration in the interior?

or should just stick to the regular jimfab mounts?
Old 11-14-2003, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump. my torque mounts are busted to ****, and im wondering if they're worth it, or if i can just get away with poly inserts

Old 11-14-2003, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dantastic)

go with the ES ones... they are kick ***, easy to install, and best of all ...low price!
Old 11-14-2003, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: (dantastic)

I wouldn't recomend putting the ES' on busted stock mounts...

I tried that and only ended up having to replace the stock mounts...

Go with jimfab or new stock mounts with ES inserts...

Or if you're rich and smart get the ALL 5 mounts from Mugen... stock design ALL new metal and rubber stiffer than stock.
Old 11-15-2003, 07:41 AM

Default Re: (NonovUrbizniz)

i did end up getting these lower mounts along with a hasport kit for the other 3... i would not recommend them unless you are hardcore.

power delivery is better, better traction, better shifts, but the cabin is really loud, its ridiculous. it vibrates the whole car.

if you drive people around in you car or do commuting, or just generally dont have a race setup dont get them... basically if you still have any interior besides a dash and doorpanels, if you have ac and powersteering and you car does not run at least 13's then dont get them... its not worth the tradeoff.

fit and finish is good btw.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NonovUrbizniz)

i used the es ones on my worn out mounts.. i have had no problem so far. I put them in in April and have put 20, 000 clicks on the car since

I stand by my opinion
Old 11-15-2003, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B16B)

I don't understand why there is a big jimfab vs hasport debate?

Jim fab makes the front lower torque mounts, and the the rear mount (same mounts ES makes inserts for). Hasport makes the mount by the cam gears, side tranny mount, and the rear mount.

I used HASport side mounts and their rear drag mounts (looks extremely nice). And I used Jimfab front torque mounts. Much better than the ES crap you buy.

They dont' make the same mounts, other than the rear mounts which I'd use the HASport counterpart.

Get 'em both.

Quick Reply: Jimfab jim fab motor mounts?