Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDMCarBoy...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDMCarBoy...

Is anyone currently havening difficulties with them right now?? Are they out of town or what?

I'm trying to purchase a 99-00 front end from them and received few e-mails but after I gave them my shipping address for quote, no reply at all...been over a week now.

Is anyone else having problems with them right now because I've heard nothing but great news about them.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:10 PM

Default Re: JDMCarBoy... (Top-Fuel)

placed an order for d2 coilovers sometime in mid-december it's now Feb. haven't got nothing yet... i IMed him numerous times asking him about it and tells me D2 are on back orders, how long can a company be on backorder????....but for almost 6 weeks going onto 7
Old 02-01-2006, 08:15 PM
ballin

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Top-Fuel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I've heard nothing but great news about them.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha, that's a joke right?
Old 02-01-2006, 08:21 PM

Default Re: JDMCarBoy... (Chong)

well i got referrals from them so no I'm not joking...

ya they told me they had back orders for seibon hoods.

Guess not gonna go back to them again!
Old 02-01-2006, 08:24 PM
ballin

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=4
Old 02-01-2006, 08:47 PM

not having problems yet...
keep in mind they ARE still moving into a new warehouse
Old 02-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Znypar)

ive dealt with randy from jdmcarboy on more than one occasion. and on each he came through with excelent service and fast shipping (1 business day). ill vouch for him anyday.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Znypar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not having problems yet...
keep in mind they ARE still moving into a new warehouse</TD></TR></TABLE>
i didnt know he was still in the process.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: (JRizEJ6)

I'm thinking about buying locking hood pins from them this weekend..
Old 02-01-2006, 10:13 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (JDM-EJ1)

I've heard one good thing ever about them....There is a thread, actually I think it was already posted.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:54 AM

JDMCarboy sold a crappy front end to my friend and it doesn't fit. Even before it was painted and still in it's unused condition, he would not take it back because he said that it was already used by us

Worst customer service ever, not to mention the fake stuff he sells

EDIT: Here's the other thread: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1513793

And there's lots of archived threads with how bad JDMCarboy's service and products are. The guy works out of his parent's garage.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:00 AM

Default Re: JDMCarBoy... (rvd)

About the fitments, I asked him as well if everything would fit okay etc. and this is what i got:

Our parts are top quality & the fitment of the 99-00 Civic front ends is perfect. Dont be fooled by people that say otherwise, they obviously have not ordered one if they do. I began selling these about 2yrs ago strictly to our local customers & heard nothing but good things. I only recently offered them to our online customers within the past 7-8 months.

Our front end package is a kick *** deal b/c it also includes the front lip & the front grill along with headlights. Most people change or add those parts anyway, so this is a good way to save on shipping & get all your parts the first time around when you get it painted.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:06 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Top-Fuel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">About the fitments, I asked him as well if everything would fit okay etc. and this is what i got:

Our parts are top quality & the fitment of the 99-00 Civic front ends is perfect. Dont be fooled by people that say otherwise, they obviously have not ordered one if they do. I began selling these about 2yrs ago strictly to our local customers & heard nothing but good things. I only recently offered them to our online customers within the past 7-8 months.

Our front end package is a kick *** deal b/c it also includes the front lip & the front grill along with headlights. Most people change or add those parts anyway, so this is a good way to save on shipping & get all your parts the first time around when you get it painted.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is the biggest load of horseshit that I've ever read. Top quality & fitment? Please. My friend bought the entire front end from him and I think it was the biggest mistake. It's all Tawainese crap that you can buy at any aftermarket body parts store, like a bumper for $35 and a hood for $50 . JDMCarboy is just jacking up the price on crap and even hours and hours at different body shops on aligning up the front end, it doesn't fit at all. Of course he or somebody might say that the body shop doesn't know what they're doing, but as soon as my friend located a real OEM 99 front end, he went back to the same bodyshop and it was aligned up perfectly within 1 hours with no gaps anywhere.

If you want to buy that crap from him go right ahead if you don't care about fitment and like gaps all over and don't mind looking at them like you see on most other cars on HT, then go right ahead as nobody is stopping you. But if you're picky and only like perfection and a true clean look, then stick with OEM or get the body parts elsewhere and not from his cheapo Tawainese source. I'm saying this from 1st hand experience and it's not the first time either with JDMCarboy parts. FYI, he gets most of his parts from ABS Dynamics and most of their **** doesn't fit anyways because everything is test-fitted onto Tawianese bumpers and not OEM US bumpers
Old 02-02-2006, 08:13 AM

Default Re: JDMCarBoy... (rvd)

Oh no i wasn't saying your wrong i was just stating what they e-mailed to me, i honestly dont' believe them now after reading all these posts from H-T members.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:53 AM

so i keep hearing bad stuff about them. how bout suggesting a place where we can get these parts that are GOOD quality?
Old 02-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Znypar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Znypar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i keep hearing bad stuff about them. how bout suggesting a place where we can get these parts that are GOOD quality?</TD></TR></TABLE>Your local Honda dealership
Old 02-02-2006, 10:30 AM

Default Re: (imm0rt41)

Yea i bought a 96-98 CTR-style lip from them and wasnt too psyched. From that point on i keep telling myself to just stick with the real deal. true OEM.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (D.Bot)

the headlights i bought from him fit real nice.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:22 PM

i talked to the guy a few times looking for the full set of skunk2 coilovers with the matching shocks.....you could find them way cheaper on ebay (and i know those are real not fakes)
Old 02-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (JRizEJ6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JRizEJ6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the headlights i bought from him fit real nice.</TD></TR></TABLE>

just this last week my passenger headlight started leaking in water...damn jdmcarboy...
Old 02-04-2006, 12:33 AM

Default Re: JDMCarBoy... (modifyORdie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by modifyORdie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i talked to the guy a few times looking for the full set of skunk2 coilovers with the matching shocks.....you could find them way cheaper on ebay (and i know those are real not fakes)</TD></TR></TABLE>

dont compare anything to ebay.
and for your information 99% of **** on ebay is fake. even stuff youd never think.
ive known about some stuff for years that hardly anyone knows about. like 99% of tien springs on the market are fake. even nopi is selling fake ones.
the aftermarket car business is like the mafia. its shady as fuwk.
alot of companies that distribute REAL stuff have knockoffs made in china and sell the fake stuff to shops who dont know. or on ebay etc.
but ebay is the worst cause thats where most fake stuff goes.
but thats just an example.
ps. jdmcarboy has good service, but retail game is hard. every customer wants thier stuff faster cheaper etc and order it now and want it yesterday. you cant satisfy some people. thats life. they will gorw up to be the old people returning half eaten candybars at walmart cause they dont taste "right".
and yes thats a true story ive seen with my own eyes
Old 02-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive gotten a 99-00 si front lip from him and it doesnt fit good....the service is shitty and i would probly never recommend ordering from him. he doesnt get back with you and hes even sent my brother emails back, after the order has been placed, asking what he wanted to order. just straight up bein a dick, or atleast thats the vibe we got. my bro's front lip cracked while we were installing it cuz it was too short
Old 02-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it's because of companies like this that put the real ones that originated the designs out of business. and for what, crappy products. but unfortunately people's desire to have the cheapest price possible fuels these companies to continue on. i'd rather pay a higher price and have something that i know will work correctly.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They have kinda bad service. Hopefully this stuff clears up soon. Good luck.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:36 AM

i too ordered a 99-00 front end from them. it took almost a month untill they finally replyed to me. (i had to file a paypal dispute in order to get them to talk to me) finally, they shipped the parts a month after i paid for them. i got a dented hood, the wrong front lip, and no rear lip at all. overall it was a horrible expirience and i wouldnt deal with them ever again, even if there were giving things away
Old 02-04-2006, 11:50 AM

Default Re: (cypresscoupe)

Ya i'm glad you guys responding with these comments, definitly shows their lack of respect for their customers and terrible service.

Quick Reply: JDMCarBoy...