Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

jdm sidemarkers ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jdm sidemarkers ?

just want to know about the jdm sidemarkers, on the jdm car's are the sidemarker's post to stay on all the time or just come on when the blinker on,
Old 12-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: jdm sidemarkers ? (h22egAZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22egAZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just want to know about the jdm sidemarkers, on the jdm car's are the sidemarker's post to stay on all the time or just come on when the blinker on, </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's however you want to wire them. Mine are wired to only come on when my turn signal is active. On my brother's DA Integra, his are on all the time.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jdm sidemarkers ? (JDM-EJ1)

but whats the right way , or i could say "whats the JDM way"......LOL oh yeah and there going on a EK hatch...
Old 12-31-2006, 04:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22egAZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but whats the right way , or i could say "whats the JDM way"......LOL</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have no idea. I would imagine that they would only come on when the turn signal is in use. However, there are other cars (Audi, Volvo, etc) where they are on all the time; they come that way from the factory.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have no idea. I would imagine that they would only come on when the turn signal is in use. However, there are other cars (Audi, Volvo, etc) where they are on all the time; they come that way from the factory.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Audi and VW are made by the same company.

Not sure all the tech specs of it but for all intents and purposes with the exception of quality audi and VW are the same.

Both my VW's the side markers are turn signals - doubt it would be much different for Audis..but whatever.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:51 PM

Default Re: jdm sidemarkers ? (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Audi and VW are made by the same company.

Not sure all the tech specs of it but for all intents and purposes with the exception of quality audi and VW are the same.

Both my VW's the side markers are turn signals - doubt it would be much different for Audis..but whatever.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wonderful, I don't follow European cars or have any interest in them for that matter. I was stating this to let the OP know that some cars they do some 'always on' from the factory; and some don't.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wire them however you want...the way i have them wired on my is so that they go on with my corners and blink when turn signals turned on....on my EG, sidemarkers have 2 wires, a green and black...the green wire goes to tapped to the Green wire on the corner and the black on is tapped to the Red wire...so they stay on all the time and blink as well with corners...
Old 12-31-2006, 05:35 PM

Default Re: jdm sidemarkers ? (B18CivicEg)

Correct. If you want them on all the time, tap one wire into the red wire on your OEM harness and ground another wire somewhere else. If you want them only when your turn signal is on, tape it into the green wire and put a ground elsewhere. Good stuff.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

kool thanks guys for your info
Old 01-01-2007, 01:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Correct. If you want them on all the time, tap one wire into the red wire on your OEM harness and ground another wire somewhere else. If you want them only when your turn signal is on, tape it into the green wire and put a ground elsewhere. Good stuff. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yup....but if you want best of both worlds, you can do it like i said with no worries of blowing a fuse...
Old 01-01-2007, 02:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a question concerning this. I saw a car (92 hatch) with sidemarkers and the way they were blinking were when the corners were on, the sidemarkers were off and vise versa. Looked nice, but wasn't sure how that would work specifically. I am guessing some relays, but which ones.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mr_nemesis2003)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mr_nemesis2003 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had a question concerning this. I saw a car (92 hatch) with sidemarkers and the way they were blinking were when the corners were on, the sidemarkers were off and vise versa. Looked nice, but wasn't sure how that would work specifically. I am guessing some relays, but which ones.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so it really depends on how you want to wire them....JDM-EJ1 said the ways to make them work but if you wire it to the red wire, the sidemarkers will always stay on withouth blinkin....if you wire it to the green, the side markers will always be off until you turn your blinkers on...and like i said previously, if you want your sidemarkers to go on with your parking lights and also blink with the turn signal, wire the Green wire from the sidemarker to the Green wire of the corner and then take the Black wire from your sidemarker and wire it to the Red wire on the corner light....this will make your sidemakers blink with the turn signals (Corner goes on, Sidemarker is off....Corner goes off, Sidemarker On.....Corner On, Sidemarker Off.......) the fuse WILL NOT blow....and NO NEED for relays....
Old 01-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22egAZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but whats the right way , or i could say "whats the JDM way"......LOL oh yeah and there going on a EK hatch...</TD></TR></TABLE>

They should be wired to flash only with the turn signals or hazard lights. <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM-EJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

However, there are other cars (Audi, Volvo, etc) where they are on all the time; they come that way from the factory.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not on any Audi or VW that I've owned or driven.
Old 01-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jdm sidemarkers ? (Padawan)

well when i got mine...i also got the passwordjdm wiring harness thingy...well, wiring them up using that, they only come on when you use the turn signal or hazzard switch, they dont stay on all the time