Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDM parking pole install eg

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM parking pole install eg

I had asked a while back about the install of a JDM parking pole. i have everything except any clue as of how to do this.

so...when i asked last time everyone just talked **** about how "rice" my parking pole was...my honda original rice part..??

so i just want to see if there is anyone out there that may know how to do this install. no shop i have called really wants to do it either. so maybe someone out here knows.

also...if anyones in the so cal area and wants to lend a hand with a power mirror install....let me know. i pay in food and beer and possibly a little money.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JDM parking pole install eg (Pr0ject93hb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Pr0ject93hb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

also...if anyones in the so cal area and wants to lend a hand with a power mirror install....let me know. i pay in food and beer and possibly a little money. </TD></TR></TABLE>

with that kind of payment, good luck.

but i will suggest this, i really don't have a clue how to wire it like factory, but have you ever thought just wire it up straight to you battery. kind of like how you would wire up aftermarket foglights.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:15 AM
Darth ModerVader

Default Re: JDM parking pole install eg (Pr0ject93hb)

http://www.clubcivic.com/board...90679
Old 02-09-2007, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what are the used for
Old 02-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (prelude252)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prelude252 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what are the used for</TD></TR></TABLE>

To park your car so you know when to stop
Old 02-09-2007, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (beebeecivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">with that kind of payment, good luck.

but i will suggest this, i really don't have a clue how to wire it like factory, but have you ever thought just wire it up straight to you battery. kind of like how you would wire up aftermarket foglights.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not really, i could though. mostly im unsure of where the pole goes i guess.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (prelude252)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prelude252 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what are the used for</TD></TR></TABLE>

Morons that are so ******* retarded they can't park a civic and JDM ricers who want to put it on their car because "it looks nice."

****, nothing says "smooth and high profile" like a giant retracting poll in the fender...

For the rest of the world - they know that a civic is NOT a tractor trailer and doesn't require parking polls to park.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Morons that are so ******* retarded they can't park a civic and JDM ricers who want to put it on their car because "it looks nice."

****, nothing says "smooth and high profile" like a giant retracting poll in the fender...

For the rest of the world - they know that a civic is NOT a tractor trailer and doesn't require parking polls to park.</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually, it doesn't go on the fender, it goes on the bumper.
and hey, it's his car and money, let the man do to it what he wants.
lets just try help not criticize.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:14 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For the rest of the world - they know that a civic is NOT a tractor trailer and doesn't require parking polls to park.</TD></TR></TABLE>

For the rest of the world? Is this the same "rest of the world" that actually offers these parking poles (ie, Europe, UK, Japan, Australia)?

These poles are used for places where parking is tighter than a 12-year-old va-jay-jay. They are worthless for anyone over 5'5" .... but hey, it originated in Japan. I know my girlfriend would benefit from one of these, she can't see where her hood ends from the driver's seat.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

actually, it doesn't go on the fender, it goes on the bumper.
and hey, it's his car and money, let the man do to it what he wants.
lets just try help not criticize. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah, my bad, I remain ignorant to useless JDM rice.

Actually the sad part is I had a feeling it was the bumper instead of the fender - and I KNEW deep down inside w/ H-T being as full of ricer bitches as it is - that somebody would call me on it. Though I wasn't sure/don't care.

I never said he couldn't do it - the guy simply asked what it does.

ABSO-*******-LUTELY NOTHING.

If you need a parking poll to help you park your honda ******* civic you SHOULD NOT.

Lemme say that again - SHOULD NOT be driving.

On a truck - it's understandable, on a civic, it's not.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:17 AM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ah, my bad, I remain ignorant to useless JDM rice.

Actually the sad part is I had a feeling it was the bumper instead of the fender - and I KNEW deep down inside w/ H-T being as full of ricer bitches as it is - that somebody would call me on it. Though I wasn't sure/don't care.

I never said he couldn't do it - the guy simply asked what it does.

ABSO-*******-LUTELY NOTHING.

If you need a parking poll to help you park your honda ******* civic you SHOULD NOT.

Lemme say that again - SHOULD NOT be driving.

On a truck - it's understandable, on a civic, it's not.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You've never been short, and never seen Japan.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You've never been short, and never seen Japan.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Never seen Japan? I spent my summer 2 summers ago in Japan on that one jerkoff. I'm like 5-7? I'm short as ****. I can still see over the damn steering wheel and I've never made the mis-judgement of not knowing where my bumper is.

Though I was there for more history than cars I sure as hell didn't see a lot of civics, I even saw less parking polls.

Saw a lot of nice cars there, lots of supras, Rx-7's..benzes.....none of them had parking polls...

PS:
The flatbed I used to drive for the garage I worked at had parking polls..******* RICE...but that wasn't a honda civic, and they weren't retractable...they helped..but you honestly couldn't see anything - so I ALMOST can see an argument there, but ur talking about an econobox that's 2300lbs or whatever the hell it is and can fit TWO people comfortably in a hatch (yes you can cram 5 but it's not the best fit, admit it) - you SHOULD BE able to estimate a front bumper on a honda. On a truck it's different - totally different ball game...
Old 02-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll tell ya what really gets me.

All you guys calling all this **** JDM etc. etc.

You know what the Japanese use to soup up their cars? EVERYTHING you guys consider "rice" here. All the Altezzas and body kits, all over their cars.

That's what they use to make their cars look nice. Then the stock OEM **** they take off their car idiot JDM fans in America and buy it like it's going out of style (which it is, thank god).
Old 02-09-2007, 08:23 AM
HT White Ops

Never seen Japan? I spent my summer 2 summers ago in Japan on that one jerkoff.

Though I was there for more history than cars I sure as hell didn't see a lot of civics, I even saw less parking polls.

Saw a lot of nice cars there, lots of supras, Rx-7's..benzes.....none of them had parking polls...</TD></TR></TABLE>

How much parallel parking did you do, chief? How much time did you spend at 5'3"? It's a useful feature if you are of the proportions that need it. Give it up, you're just spouting off ****, sounding like a jackass. Some people need them because they are SHORT. It' not a worthless feature, it's not stupid, it's not "gay JDM ****" .... Honda didn't make it to be "factory rice" or to be "uber cool JDM." You don't have to like it, you don't have to buy one, but sitting here discrediting it as a worthless piece of junk when you don't have the need for it is ******* stupid. You don't have the need for birth control pills (all though I'm beginning to wonder), but they serve a purpose.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:24 AM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'll tell ya what really gets me.

All you guys calling all this **** JDM etc. etc.

You know what the Japanese use to soup up their cars? EVERYTHING you guys consider "rice" here. All the Altezzas and body kits, all over their cars.

That's what they use to make their cars look nice. Then the stock OEM **** they take off their car idiot JDM fans in America and buy it like it's going out of style (which it is, thank god).</TD></TR></TABLE>

JDM =/= J-Spec

JDM = Japanese Domestic Market
J-Spec = Japanese Tuner Scene
Old 02-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Never seen Japan? I spent my summer 2 summers ago in Japan on that one jerkoff. I'm like 5-7? I'm short as ****. I can still see over the damn steering wheel and I've never made the mis-judgement of not knowing where my bumper is.

Saw a lot of nice cars there, lots of supras, Rx-7's..benzes.....none of them had parking polls...</TD></TR></TABLE>

man, i should of known once you got on here this thread would turn out like this.
seriously you have to be the biggest bullshitter on h-t. you always have some story to tell. if it's not about your friends, uncle, cousins, gay lover and how he has worked, owned supras, skylines, triple turbo rx-7's. now it's about how you went to japan 2 summers ago for their history, PLEASE! dude grow up, i wait for the day they ban your immature 19 year old ***!
Old 02-09-2007, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

He asked me a simple question, I gave him a simple answer.

If you're trying to argue that the OP is trying to install one because he's 5-3 and can't park his civic - you need not worry about MY arguments...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

man, i should of known once you got on here this thread would turn out like this.
seriously you have to be the biggest bullshitter on h-t. you always have some story to tell. if it's not about your friends, uncle, cousins, gay lover and how he has worked, owned supras, skylines, triple turbo rx-7's. now it's about how you went to japan 2 summers ago for their history, PLEASE! dude grow up, i wait for the day they ban your immature 19 year old ***!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well it's really not my fault you don't believe me.

Uhhh...I'm pretty sure I have the ticket at home someplace, I'll scan it for you.

If you'd like to give me an e-mail I'd be more than happy to send you some pictures.

Useless cumstain.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

JDM =/= J-Spec

JDM = Japanese Domestic Market
J-Spec = Japanese Tuner Scene </TD></TR></TABLE>

I understand what you're saying, I'm merely remarking on the humorous fact that all the stuff you guys call "rice" over here is what they use to pimp out their cars over there.

Then you guys use their OEM parts.

Ironic to say the least.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:31 AM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He asked me a simple question, I gave him a simple answer.

If you're trying to argue that the OP is trying to install one because he's 5-3 and can't park his civic - you need not worry about MY arguments...</TD></TR></TABLE>

The OP didn't ask you a question. Prelude252 asked what they were for. People answered him. You came in and spouted your opinion. What you think of a part has no bearing on it's actual intended function. Just because the OP wants it for show points doesn't mean that every single other parking pole on the planet becomes rice. Your negative bullshit about it being worthless didn't answer any questions, and drove this thread into the ground.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The OP didn't ask you a question. Prelude252 asked what they were for. People answered him. You came in and spouted your opinion. What you think of a part has no bearing on it's actual intended function. Just because the OP wants it for show points doesn't mean that every single other parking pole on the planet becomes rice. Your negative bullshit about it being worthless didn't answer any questions, and drove this thread into the ground.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 02-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The OP didn't ask you a question. Prelude252 asked what they were for. People answered him. You came in and spouted your opinion. What you think of a part has no bearing on it's actual intended function. Just because the OP wants it for show points doesn't mean that every single other parking pole on the planet becomes rice. Your negative bullshit about it being worthless didn't answer any questions, and drove this thread into the ground.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hrm, yeah, you're right, my passion for hating JDM rice overtook me. I shouldn't have posted.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

The expletive are you 'ing about. You don't believe me - now I wanna dig into this further, what kind of proof do you want?
Old 02-09-2007, 08:36 AM
HT White Ops

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hrm, yeah, you're right, my passion for hating JDM rice overtook me. I shouldn't have posted.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good form. Next time, don't ruin a tech question with your opinion of the part.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:36 AM
H-T Poker champion

I'm not sure how to install them, but it looks like you could mount whatever equipment comes with it on the inside of the bumper and just drill a hole through the bumper for the actual "pole" to go through.

I've got no clue how to 'properly' install one.

Syndacate, cut your losses and stop posing in this thread.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The expletive are you 'ing about. You don't believe me - now I wanna dig into this further, what kind of proof do you want?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

just agreeing to what eran said. this is still a free country right?
Old 02-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow what a joke. this parking pole thng is useless.

Do they really have this is Japan?

LOL i guess they are too short to see the end of their cars!

Quick Reply: JDM parking pole install eg