Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Jdm help

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jdm help

Sup guys Im here because i have something very disturbing to talk about. Ive just noticed a thread where theres this kid askin about some jdm seatbelts. Well i know he means well and all, but how stupid can some people be? How long are we going to stand by and watch as these jdm bandwagoners **** it up for the rest of us? Well now Id like to propose a new phase in the import scene. **** jdm, and rock all usdm with a twist of clean, thatll throw the rest of the idiots off track. While yellin about some jdm, well simply laugh and say USDM ****** rocks. Becasue beleive it or not, a lot of the clean *** rides i see out there have mainly usdm parts on them anyways.

Lets try to keep this **** underground though. that way they just wont know the difference. Then theyll be confused, then well have some funny **** to laugh at, because everyone will then be in the junkyards looking for usdm **** to put on theyre car, unaware that were being able to continue the whole jdm scene in an underground fashion, allowing our facsination with the japanese style to proceed. Actually in my opinion I say **** jdm. I dont know about you guys but i dont see many hondas in option2 or anything, what do we see?, sylvias, skylines, evo's, etc. **** we will unlikely ever see over here, unless of course someone get a (SuPeR TiIiIeeet) idea to turn theyre mirage into a evo, or some cheezy **** like that.

Anyways the best of luck to you all, (those who share my opinion), and to those who dont (get a ****** life).

peace to da godss,

chazz

[Modified by iwhichisme, 2:06 AM 8/1/2002]

[Modified by iwhichisme, 2:08 AM 8/1/2002]
Old 07-31-2002, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jdm help (iwhichisme)

Jdm just seems super popular because you'r on H-T. In the real world body kits, altezza's and light up windsheild squirters still are very common. I know what you mean, it does seem like it's out of control to me sometimes as well. After about an hour or so of driving around so cal i realize we are still very much a minority. Also remember right now it's the trend and like all trends this one will fade more and more as time goes on.

[stuckatworksi crosses fingers and hopes he's right]
Old 07-31-2002, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Jdm help (stuckatworksi)

Jdm just seems super popular because you'r on H-T. In the real world body kits, altezza's and light up windsheild squirters still are very common. I know what you mean, it does seem like it's out of control to me sometimes as well. After about an hour or so of driving around so cal i realize we are still very much a minority. Also remember right now it's the trend and like all trends this one will fade more and more as time goes on.

exactly
Old 07-31-2002, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Jdm help (whatREDLINE)

but with anything people do, someone copy's...yea its called conforming, just like other things (clothes, music, all that other crap) but doesn't it start with spotting something we like, and deciding that we wanna go with that direction? and ya, a bunch of people will do the same, but its only cuz most people have many of the same interests...
no matter what we do, someone will follow...and it will eventually get overplayed...i just go with what i like...it may be a little from column A, a little from column B...thats the way it should be...i dont know..i'm talking out of my ***...haha...
remember when clear taillights and bumper lenses were the shizit?! muhaha...now they're nearly non-existent...altezzas took over...well, atleast here in chicago...ha.
Old 07-31-2002, 05:59 PM

Location: If ignorance is bliss... I am in the happiest, place on earth.
Default Re: Jdm help (RichardKim57)

agreed- this whole "sport" has lost it's originality... it is not becuase people are conforming, it is becuase there is literally nothing left to do. I roll stock (on the outside) and clean.

later

matt
Old 07-31-2002, 06:00 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Jdm help (PatrickEwing)

ricers can say the same thing, im sure you have made fun of atleast one ricer right?
Old 07-31-2002, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jdm help (GetawayinMoscow)

LOL the other day, some kid came up to me and asked me why I have clear bumper lights. He said I should go back to ambers because its JDM. Thats some funny **** considering I have a USDM front.
Old 07-31-2002, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Jdm help (whatREDLINE)

exactly
Old 07-31-2002, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

personally i love the JDM look. but still... its all about taste and how much money you are willing to spend. i mean i've seen some really clean USDM also. there are some bandwagoners but still. the people who started the JDM thing should take it as a compliment. but thats me... peace
Old 07-31-2002, 06:50 PM
JV
Who?

ZZZZzzzzzzz....

Old 07-31-2002, 07:46 PM

What does it matter to you what I do with my car, my time, and my money!?!?

Did your mom lock you in a closet as a child?
Seriously, why did 4 pages get wasted flaming this guy.
He had a legit request, regardless of your thoughts on his part of choice.
I didn't think JDM seatbelts were a worthwhile modification, and Didn't know where to buy any, so I didn't respond.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its about individuality... or at least most of the time... if not than there are those peepz on the bandwagon... but its always because a trend gets started.. however, ever since i have been a member of H-T... i've notice more peepz changing over to the JDM look.. and i do see what you are saying... however i still don't know why that guy would get JDM seatbeats!
Old 07-31-2002, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jdm help (jcnfh)

Bottom line!
- Its there car let them do as they wish!
and for your car...do what you wish! There are great jdm parts usdm parts and what ever else there is, just do what you want.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ummmm.... thats about all i can say to you
Old 07-31-2002, 08:12 PM

i would have to say jdm does not seen that blown up, at honda-tech yes is popular, but **** in minnesota where i am, people dont even know wat spoon is, they say why are your rims brown, get some chrome ****
Old 08-01-2002, 12:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jdm help (mlambrecht)

i would have to say jdm does not seen that blown up, at honda-tech yes is popular, but **** in minnesota where i am, people dont even know wat spoon is, they say why are your rims brown, get some chrome ****
Thats cuz your in minatonka where all the rich kids are head on down to rice street by the cap. lots of fast cars (no really the street is called Rice street and thats where a lot of imports hang out ... Im not kidding haha)

I agree with the guy who said just make it your own ... yeah altezzas are way, way, way played out hell they make them for mini vans now !!! wtf . Giant spoilers those have been around sence the 60's .. anybody remember the road runner ?!?!?

No matter what you do somebody else is gonna have it .. so just do what you like .... and what the hell are JDM seatbelts ... do they have some special restraint that we dont get ... is it better ? haha ... 50 bucks for a jdm clock ... I just sprayed mine with an amber spray paint (haha people are gonna try that now I can see the emails ... "where did you get amber paint ? ") and my personal favorite over played JDM part ... the radio .... One that wont even play us radio stations ... SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHY ?!??! I have already given up my power steering and my ac all in the name of speed .... but my radio .. so some judge will go "ohh thats jdm .. +1 point .. but you still lost to the corprate sponsored skyline GTR Vspec that was imported straight from osaka at a cost of eighty five thousand dollars .. have a nice day ... "

Well thats just my two cents .... I will get off the soap box ........

NS

[Modified by JDM_SIR_II, 9:29 AM 8/1/2002]
Old 08-01-2002, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Jdm help (JDM_SIR_II)

i dont get all the crap people talk. people act like they never were into body kits or anything when they first got into the import scene. this attracted some of us. but now that jdm is in, SOME of these people refuse to admit they once liked body kits because they are worried about what everyone on h-tech will say or whatever. also, in one way or another, everyone copies everyone. you try to say usdm is going to be in now, but just by reading this post, i bet some people will go out and change their car. this is where the trend starts.

always remember, if you dont have anything nice to say or any HELPFUL info on a topic, dont reply.

its kinda gay that you would let other people influence you into starting a new trend just because jdm got popular. you probably had the bike everyone wanted or you bought the shoes everyone told you to. Just do what YOU like. if people run around and sport lame jdm things, LET THEM. who cares? really.

i for one will fix up my car how I want it. granted, i do like some jdm things, but i find most of them overpriced parts that do nothing special. its mostly bragging rights.

i proudly sport my body kit. i love how it looks. you guys gotta admit you like at least one body kit. and if i want some jdm stuff with my body kit, then im a ricer everyone says. im just putting stuff together that I like. sigh, sorry if i wasted anyone's time. thanks for reading.

but you gotta admit, the windshield washer lights are GAY!

and what if a car with a body kit can hit 11's? is it rice? most people think it is. even if its the only exterior mod it has. were are not talking about altezzas or washer lights. just a body kit. its gotten that bad around here. i bet you jdm people would feel lame getting beat by a civic with a kit. i bet you would just talk crap cause its not jdm and you wouldnt even give it props for being fast. you would drive off laughing at the kit and enjoying your hard to reach climate control and your amber clock. wow, jdm.

[Modified by deviant1, 1:55 AM 8/1/2002]
Old 08-01-2002, 01:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jdm help (deviant1)

ibut you gotta admit, the windshield washer lights are GAY!
LOL .......

"My name is Nathan and I like some body kits .... come on people its ok admit it !!! "
Old 08-01-2002, 01:18 AM

Default Re: Jdm help (JDM_SIR_II)

seriously, its ok to admit you like some body kits. we wont call you a ricer.
Old 08-01-2002, 01:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jdm help

I'm lost. Why exactly would he be refered to as a ricer if he likes some body kits? It all depends on which company manufactures the body kit. Would it not be JDM if the body kit was made by a Japanese manufacture such as, Bomex, C-West, Mugen?

And as for purchasing JDM seatbelts. I don't care if you were doing it as a joke, or being totally serious. Why would you want to spend alot of money on purchasing JDM seatbelts out of a Honda Civic Type R, when your stock USDM seatbelts do exactly the same thing. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? My reason for going JDM is because I like the subtle style, and greater performance from the Japanese market. Whether it be purchasing factory JDM Honda Parts to make my car look different from all of the other North American Honda Civics, or purchasing JDM Aftermarket Parts because they out perform the ones offered here in North America. But swapping in JDM Honda Civic Type R seatbelts serve no purpose. There is nothing different about them, and they don't offer you anymore saftey then your stock ones would. Infact you have a better chance of something going wrong, because your playing around with your saftey devices.

Just my point of view, and please don't flame me for being a newbie. :lol:
Old 08-01-2002, 01:54 AM

Seriously, why did 4 pages get wasted flaming this guy.
He had a legit request, regardless of your thoughts on his part of choice.
I didn't think JDM seatbelts were a worthwhile modification, and Didn't know where to buy any, so I didn't respond.

TRUE THAT!!!!
this guy just get funnier every time
Old 08-01-2002, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jdm help (poison)

To each their own, as Digital Underground once said (yes I'm old...) :

"Do whatcha like..."

**Stands up holding lit lighter**, "my name is louis and I never liked bodykits(on my cars at least), too much extra unnessary weight, clean and simple, nothing to set my car off too much in a crowd especially w/ cops."
Old 08-01-2002, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jdm help (RSZero1)

OK this thread is gay where's the lock!
Old 08-01-2002, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL This thread is super gay !

Its a Free Country, do what you like to your car. Im into Honda's because of their engine dynamics, you have something to learn there that can benefit you. Learning about lips and amber clocks will not improve your knowledge.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:38 AM

IMO, the reason that jdm is so popular on h-t is because people see a guy with a post count of 2,385 and is very respected and has a 99 coupe jdm to the max with spoon stickers and all that and the n00b decides that he wants to be just like that guy. A respected honda "jdmer". I kinda agree with this, it sucks how people who know nothing about hondas try to be super jdm with oem kit, spoon lip, blah blah and has a local shop do all his work because he doesnt know ****. Just think its pretty gay and kills it for the knowledgable (sp?) honda guru's.

Quick Reply: Jdm help