Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDM Del Sol License Plate Filler Install ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM Del Sol License Plate Filler Install ?'s

Do you have any information that could help me out when I install these? I have the plate fillers brand new in black w/ the included lights.

Ok, on the back of the plate filler, it has these two spike/sphere things that have gray twisty like tips on them. This is the part that attatches to the actual license plate panel. Do I take the gray twisty things off or?

Basically, has anyone here installed these? If so, if you could please explain to me how you installed them that would be great.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:27 PM

Default Re: JDM Del Sol License Plate Filler Install ?'s (boostedsol)

I have them!

I could take them apart and take pictures/show you how I installed them. Those gray things are clips that are supposed to hold them on. I used nuts/bolts to attach mine... as the clips would make the fillers easy to steal... I should have done a write up. Maybe I will. I'll do what I can for you man!
Old 10-11-2003, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey thanks alot Shane. Yea I mean, I could whip these things on, but like you said...someone could easily jack them. If you could get me some pics, or just general info, that would be so ******* sweet. I had one bitch of a time as it is taking off the license plate panel.

Yea, if you can get some detailed pics of the back of the plate fillers, how you used the nuts/bolts, and how you installed the light harness etc, that would be awesome man. I love your sol btw!!

But yea, please help me out bra. I am dying over here haha.

Thanks.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:35 PM

Default Re: (boostedsol)

Thanks man. I will do what I can. Removing the rear panel requires drilling out the 2 "huge rivets" hidden by the license plate frame. As for the wiring, I just connected to the running light. I will do what I can for a write up.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok cool Shane. I look forward to your write up. Yea to take off the rear panel, you actually can just take a vise grip, and unscrew the two circular nut type things that the actual license plate hides.

But yea, so basically you drill two holes into the license plate panel, and use a nut to hold the plate fillers in place. You say screw those gray thingies, and use a nut instead to hold them in place correct?

Yea if you could get me some pics or whatever you can, I greatly appreciate it. That would help me out so much bud.

Old 10-11-2003, 07:09 PM

Where did you find those? Are they available from the dealer? Do they come color matched or do you have to paint them? I would like to get these for my 94 Si.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (teknics1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teknics1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Where did you find those? Are they available from the dealer? Do they come color matched or do you have to paint them? I would like to get these for my 94 Si.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The plate fillers are from japan. They are jdm, so I doubt a usdm dealer has part numbers seeing as how they are jdm. I however have the part numbers, and can hook you up w/ those if you need them. They were available in japan, and I am not sure if they were available to european sols, but for sure they weren't on USDM sols.

From what I know, they only come in granada black pearl (black), but I am not totally sure if you can buy them color matched. I would think so, but all the places that sell them can only get them in black.

Old 10-11-2003, 07:47 PM
clm
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (teknics1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teknics1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Where did you find those? Are they available from the dealer? Do they come color matched or do you have to paint them? I would like to get these for my 94 Si.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have some on eBay right now.

But as far as the isntall goes, I've read the same thing about drilling holes and bolting them in.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (clm)

Anyone else?

Old 10-12-2003, 12:13 PM

n00b
Old 10-12-2003, 12:19 PM

Default Re: (shorty)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shorty &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">n00b</TD></TR></TABLE>

???
Old 10-12-2003, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (shorty)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shorty &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">n00b</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha wtf Adam? hehe How is Justin doing man?

Shane, when do you think you will be able to snap some pics bud?
Old 10-12-2003, 02:46 PM

I am at work today, and have to attend our annual managers meeting tonight, so I won't be home until after midnight... I have Tues and Weds off though, So definately then... if not tomorrow before work...
Old 10-12-2003, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok that sounds cool man. I really appreciate all of your help man. Thanks Shane.
Old 10-12-2003, 02:58 PM

No problem... Brian Right? Wasn't I going to sell you something at one time???
Old 10-12-2003, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yap, that would be me. I was going to buy your JDM sol headlights that you had for dirt cheap. I just figured that I would save a couple hundred more bucks and get some new ones. Whoever bought those off of you sure did get a steal.

Hey Shane, do you post over at http://www.automotivetech.org? Just curious if you are on that board too.

Yea I can't wait for those pics, so I can begin installing these.

How long did it take you to install yours btw?

Old 10-12-2003, 03:46 PM

Not really. I'm a 1 board type of guy Just kidding... I am going to check it out though. It will take probably about an hour or two at most.
Old 10-12-2003, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EG2 SiR)

Sweet man. That is probably the most active sol forum, but it isn't too technical. Just good for custom items and that kinda stuff.

Yea, I will keep an eye out for your pics man.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Shane, did you get some pics up yet bud?

Let me know bra.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:53 AM

Use screws a little shorter than this. Otherwise you will also have to drill holes in the trunk panel.

Cut the circle lip so that it is flush with the rest of the bulb housing, otherwise a hole the diameter of the lip will need to be cut out of the license plate panel.

4 holes will need to be drilled into the license plate panel: 1 for the bulb housing, 2 for the cover, and 1 for the wires.

Tap wires into the running light on the side. (or if you have JDM tails, like I do) you will have to tap the brake lights black and red wires.

sorry it took so long, and also that it is not at all a good write up, but I truly hope it helps. I have a really busy schedule and my camera died 1/2 way through this work..... Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Shane, thanks a bunch man. This helped me out so much man. I truly appreciate all of your help bud. It is an excellent write up. I owe you one bra.

Thanks so much once again!