Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDM Black taillights off ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM Black taillights off ebay?

I did a search on this, and I'm surprised I didn't find anything. I bought my del sol with crappy *** chrome altezzas that don't fit worth anything. My car is orange, so obviously black goes better. I'm looking on ebay for a set of JDM black housing taillights, and there's a few people selling them:

ProExhaust
VertexRacing
and some other one i can't remember

It seems like the ones from vertex racing are the nicest and they claim very close to OEM fit. I got a guy on the phone from there and he claims that they've sold 25 pairs for del sol in the last month and haven't had any complaints. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Black taillights off ebay? (Del_Slo_1)

No such thing as "black JDM tailights" for the Sol. Only JDM available are the same as the US version minus the outer reflector.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:04 PM
H-T White Ops

no such thing.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:07 PM

give a link to the auctions
Old 10-14-2004, 06:06 PM

Default Re: JDM Black taillights off ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33716

I know there's no such thing as JDM taillights, I'm not dumb. I'm saying they're LISTED as JDM, because black housings is a "JDM" thing. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I don't think I can go wrong...the ones that came on my car are chrome altezza and don't fit worth a sh*t, and chrome doesn't go with orange. Just give me your opinion-thanks.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The answer to you buying them or not is in the title. "ALTEZZA" hmmmmmm to be flamed for life or not? But hey, its your car. If you like them, knock yourself out. Be warned though, honda-tech doesn't take to kindly to Altezzas.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Del_Slo_1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33716

I bought my del sol with crappy *** chrome altezzas that don't fit worth anything.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wait let me get this straight, so now you want to replace your "crappy" chrome altezzas with crappy black housing altezzas?
Old 10-14-2004, 06:29 PM

Default Re: JDM Black taillights off ebay? (Eg_Egg)

just......don't.......please. Get stockers please. Besides the fact that altezzas are "odd" looking, they are cheaply made, and leak something horrible after a couple of heavy storms.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JDM Black taillights off ebay? (S(J)O(D)L(M))

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by S(J)O(D)L(M) &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No such thing as "black JDM tailights" for the Sol. Only JDM available are the same as the US version minus the outer reflector.</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Del_Slo_1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I know there's no such thing as JDM taillights, I'm not dumb. I'm saying they're LISTED as JDM, because black housings is a "JDM" thing. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I don't think I can go wrong...the ones that came on my car are chrome altezza and don't fit worth a sh*t, and chrome doesn't go with orange. Just give me your opinion-thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

A "JDM" thing OMG who is this guy

OEM tailights are best
Old 10-14-2004, 07:13 PM

Default Re: JDM Black taillights off ebay? (JapJunkie)

"honda tech doesn't take kindly to altezzas"

which is kinda fuqin pathetic if you ask me, i mean shiet hate on someone bc of their tail lights? really mature

Old 10-14-2004, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Black taillights off ebay? (VvPeachyvV)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VvPeachyvV &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">"honda tech doesn't take kindly to altezzas"

which is kinda fuqin pathetic if you ask me, i mean shiet hate on someone bc of their tail lights? really mature

</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's really a matter of taste and personally opinion. Personally Altezzas are ugly as **** and anyone who likes them has no taste.

Go stock or red/clear.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:30 PM

there are JDM del sol tail lights. They look stock, but i for got what the change was.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Black taillights off ebay? (The G2 Racer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The G2 Racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

It's really a matter of taste and personally opinion. Personally Altezzas are ugly as **** and anyone who likes them has no taste.

Go stock or red/clear.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea
Old 10-16-2004, 11:36 AM

Default Re: JDM Black taillights off ebay? (JapJunkie)

theirs always that one thread everyday that tops the previous days worst thread
Old 10-23-2004, 06:35 PM

WTF? you guys have taken this **** way out of proportion. I realize that some people don't like altezza, and I'm okay with that. Me, I'm for either one (altezza or other-wise). I think that if you were standing within 5 feet of my car you would agree that the chrome ones that came on my car when i bought it are gay and some black housing tails would be a lot better matching. Orange + Black is a nice color combination, I plan on using that scheme for all modifications planned that have to do with color. I'm not some dumbshit that started driving a honda yesterday. I don't think I'm cool because I have an intake and the Autozone special fart can. The only question I was addressing by the original post was what the opinion was on quality, workmanship, and fit. THAT'S IT. But now that someone mentioned getting red/clear<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The G2 Racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
that intrigues me. Can someone give me more info on how to locate some red/clear tails? Perfect OEM fit would kick ***. I have better taste than you think, I just didn't realize that there were more options besides stockers or altezzas. Give me info on red/clear! This way I won't get flamed or get altezzas and then get flamed.

Go stock or red/clear.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-23-2004, 06:52 PM

Orange and black are a good combination if you're trying to make your sol look like a jack-o-lantern. They look like they may be put together well but looks aren't everything. You need to find someone who has had these and I doubt you will find many on this site. IMO they do look better than chrome but I think the oem sol lights are the best. Didn't really like the red and white ones I've seen.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:39 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Del_Slo_1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">WTF? you guys have taken this **** way out of proportion. I realize that some people don't like altezza, and I'm okay with that. Me, I'm for either one (altezza or other-wise). I think that if you were standing within 5 feet of my car you would agree that the chrome ones that came on my car when i bought it are gay and some black housing tails would be a lot better matching. Orange + Black is a nice color combination, I plan on using that scheme for all modifications planned that have to do with color. I'm not some dumbshit that started driving a honda yesterday. I don't think I'm cool because I have an intake and the Autozone special fart can. The only question I was addressing by the original post was what the opinion was on quality, workmanship, and fit. THAT'S IT. But now that someone mentioned getting red/clear</TD></TR></TABLE>

orange + black would be perfect..

halloween is in a week, get some stickers too
Old 10-23-2004, 09:16 PM
Multi-paradigm

Default Re: JDM Black taillights off ebay? (slow fkn hatch)

jeesus krise that ***** ugly.

but maybe it's +30whp.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:39 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: JDM Black taillights off ebay? (syntax_error)

First off, screw this "JDM" thing. These are American Hondas, they are good, besides, the tiny cars in japan (nissan cube) suck sometimes.
Look, go ahead and get em. Id look for cheaper. But if your chrome altezzas are like what you want minus the chrome, think of takin em apart and sprayin the chrome to black? Like the DIY blackened headlamp assemblies so many of us have done.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:57 PM

negitive
Old 10-23-2004, 10:39 PM

everything sold on ebay is JDM
Old 10-23-2004, 11:20 PM

Default Re: JDM Black taillights off ebay? (S(J)O(D)L(M))

true
Old 10-23-2004, 11:22 PM

yeah that **** is fake as hell, if your going to buy those, then why don't you paint yours black and save you self 20 bucks, (the fit would be the same on the new one's) like ****
Old 10-25-2004, 03:16 PM

Default Re: (91civicDXdude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 91civicDXdude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">everything sold on ebay is JDM</TD></TR></TABLE>

this whole time i thought they were eBDM
Old 10-25-2004, 03:21 PM

go stock

Quick Reply: JDM Black taillights off ebay?