Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

JDM 4-lug Type R Wheels & Suspension???

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM 4-lug Type R Wheels & Suspension???

Okay I know I should post it in Wheels & Suspension but seems like threads still at the top so no one in that section I guess? So I'll post it in here too Anyways see if anyone can help me out. Thanks

JDM 4-lug Type R Wheels & Suspension
* 15" 96-spec JDM ITR Wheels
* 4x114 Bolt Pattern Complete Suspension Included
* 195/55/15 Tires
* Everything You Need To Bolt Right Up To Your Honda/Acura

This thing that jdmshit.com has...anyone know if it's the same as GSR brakes? Or is it better? Reason why I asked it because later on I want to do a brake swap to GSR so I want to know if it's the same or is it better? Cuz I know it says ITR which is integra type R but are they like USDM GSR almost in comparison? Should I order them??Any experiance of ordering this item from them anyone? Does it all bolt up? Will I need any additonal parts if I wanted for a brake swap? This is for a 95 coupe. Thanks if anyone can help

Old 09-04-2006, 12:29 PM

brake lines and E brake cable. get it. im ordering that exact same thing. i love the 96 spec ITR wheels. get it. do it...do it..
Old 09-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ESS_Eisenkreuz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ESS_Eisenkreuz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">brake lines and E brake cable. get it.</TD></TR></TABLE> that's all I need? Everything else bolts up? What about are they better than GSR? (I would think so) Will it give me good stoping power? etc. etc.???
Old 09-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JDM 4-lug Type R Wheels & Suspension??? (JDMegCoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ESS_Eisenkreuz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">brake lines and E brake cable. get it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's more than that.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMegCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Okay I know I should post it in Wheels & Suspension but seems like threads still at the top so no one in that section I guess? So I'll post it in here too Anyways see if anyone can help me out. Thanks

JDM 4-lug Type R Wheels & Suspension
* 15" 96-spec JDM ITR Wheels
* 4x114 Bolt Pattern Complete Suspension Included
* 195/55/15 Tires
* Everything You Need To Bolt Right Up To Your Honda/Acura

This thing that jdmshit.com has...anyone know if it's the same as GSR brakes? Or is it better? Reason why I asked it because later on I want to do a brake swap to GSR so I want to know if it's the same or is it better? Cuz I know it says ITR which is integra type R but are they like USDM GSR almost in comparison? Should I order them??Any experiance of ordering this item from them anyone? Does it all bolt up? Will I need any additonal parts if I wanted for a brake swap? This is for a 95 coupe. Thanks if anyone can help

</TD></TR></TABLE>

they are better than gsr in the sense that they are bigger. but they never had this size here for the itr. the usdm itr has larger brakes and pads. for this to work you will need to find out what pads and rotors you can use? also i believe where the hub meets the axle is larger than the usdm itr. swapping to a gsr with the right M/C, pads and rotors are more than fine, or you can always go with the 5-lug itr conversion.

something to think about.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:39 PM

#1. prolly some misc. hardware, little things.
#2 yes
#3 yes though it doesnt really matter. and if they were worse i cant see the GSR brakes being all that better. so it wouldnt matter.
#4 you have a civic. of course.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:48 PM

by the way ur lookin at around 900 for that and 400 for shipping. atleast from Jdmshit.com
Old 09-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ESS_Eisenkreuz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ESS_Eisenkreuz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">by the way ur lookin at around 900 for that and 400 for shipping. atleast from Jdmshit.com</TD></TR></TABLE>

for real???900 and 400 for shipping!?**** maybe I'll have a local shop do GSR swap for me instead then...how you know..e-mailed them but haven't heard nothing back....
---------------------------------------------------

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they are better than gsr in the sense that they are bigger. but they never had this size here for the itr. the usdm itr has larger brakes and pads. for this to work you will need to find out what pads and rotors you can use? also i believe where the hub meets the axle is larger than the usdm itr. swapping to a gsr with the right M/C, pads and rotors are more than fine, or you can always go with the 5-lug itr conversion. something to think about.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know I want to kind of stick with the 4-lug but I just want to upgrade my brakes to something better like GSR or 99-00 si? 4-lug. Cuz future plans for swap is something like b18C don't know if I'll want GSR or ITR but b18C. Then there's K20a2? RSX-s that's what I really want..and now since stock engine is still good just trying to work on everything else interior, exterior etc. till it's time for for swap. Something like that let me know what i should do. Right now I have OEM and they're okay but I was kind of afraid when I hit 100+ and try to stop it seem like it wasn't able to stop it in a dine if I needed it to. So yeah hollas.

p.s. that 100+ wasn't on regular streets was more like country road...not that dumb love my coupe too much to have it become piles of wrecks
Old 09-06-2006, 04:34 PM

Would have to use 92 Prelude rotors and pads for front.Prelude rotors in rear and si,gsr,ls pads in back.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (animal planet)

huh????You mean that's what i'll need if I do get the wheel/suspension from jdmshit or you just saying what you're saying just to be saying? anyways come again when more info?
Old 09-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump....

is it true ITR suspension direct bolt on to the 92-95 civic? Isn't this the same thing almost then??anyone else?
Old 09-07-2006, 04:47 PM

Default Re: (JDMegCoupe)

What the f**k do you think Iam saying it for.Don't see any body else taking about swaping setup's.Do your own researsh.Thank you have a nice day.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (animal planet)

don't know if I don't ask right smart *** and have to start somewhere so if you didn't want to help why bother to post you expletive nut ha! smart *** thanks *** hoe yall see this crap I can see why some members hate this site for the people that's in here like this *** hoe
Old 09-07-2006, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

itr suspension will bolt right up to a coupe, you wouldn't need to upgrade the brakes to GSR from an ITR, they are already better than a GSR, the main reasons people get the 96 ITR upgrade is for bigger brakes and 4x114 bolt pattern, stock civic bolt pattern is 4x100, so normal civic rims will no longer fit, but since the kit comes with the wheels too it's no big deal
Old 09-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*** hoe?

I'm not sure what you are asking. Is the 96-spec ITR setup better than the LS/GSR?

Yes and no. The LS/GSR setup is cheaper, lighter, and in the end will achieve the same results. ****, for the price of the ITR setup you could have LS/GSR rears and a big brake kit for the front.

Edit: The ITR setup is "JDM" and has the Oooh so sexy 4x114 bolt pattern. [/Sarcasm]

The brakes will be slightly larger with the ITR setup, which means they'll also weigh more. You'll also have to find some Accord/Prelude or other 4x114.4 wheels.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2coupes)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2coupes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">itr suspension will bolt right up to a coupe, you wouldn't need to upgrade the brakes to GSR from an ITR, 96 ITR upgrade is for bigger brakes and 4x114 bolt pattern, so normal civic rims will no longer fit, but since the kit comes with the wheels too it's no big deal</TD></TR></TABLE>

okay kool. But no I wasn't trying to ask if GSR is better than ITR because it isn't..but brake is bigger huh. Now the stock civic rims won't fit no more is that just regualr wheels/steelies or say even civic si rims cuz i have on si rims right now...so the bolt pattern is different so is it a bit more spred out, the bolts..so basically all should be bolt on if IRT suspension is direct bolt...okay thanks...oh also would it make it a bit difficult to find rims for that then since it's ITR/ JDM??I would think not but just woundering...thanks

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by t0p_sh0tta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">*** hoe?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Okay don't know what that was about but umm like I said no that's not what i'm trying to say sorry if it wasn't clear on my part but yeah..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by t0p_sh0tta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Edit: The ITR setup is "JDM" and has the Oooh so sexy 4x114 bolt pattern. [/Sarcasm]</TD></TR></TABLE> okay????.....sure guy...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by t0p_sh0tta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The brakes will be slightly larger with the ITR setup, which means they'll also weigh more. You'll also have to find some Accord/Prelude or other 4x114.4 wheels.</TD></TR></TABLE> okay thanks question to finding rims answered....

thanks guys( i guess) well for those helping me on this question..still new to this tunning stuff so still learning experiance course there well always be *** hoes along the way but yeah thanks guys...

p.s. don't have to post anything if you don't want to help damn how stupid is that...No question is too dumb to be asked, it's not asking that's dumb
Old 09-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the 96 JDM ITR 4x114.3 swap. It is the same size as GSR brakes just with a bigger bolt pattern. Go to hmotorsonline.com they got just the swap for 300+ shipping. the wheels are lil more. they use GSR pads. you only need to buy brake lines to use them. I went ahead and got SS lines. the 98+ ITR 5-lug has 11" front and 10.2" rear. a bit bigger than the normal integra. I like it caz it's different. Not alot of people get it, unlike the 5-lug. I jus upgraded the front to 11" prelude rotors and crv calipers to have more brake power to the front. Now i'm going to get the fast brakes rear 10.9" upgradefor the rear.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Cvic90)

hmotors eh? I've heard only good news about them...about to order some OEM 95 floor mats from them and other things as well...yeah I kind of don't want to go 5 lug just cuz it's 5 lug...nothing against it but no thanks...well thanks I'll keep that in mind come time when I want to order it or not...thanks guy

by the way the 96 ITR brakes is on what car (yours)and is stoping what kind of engine power? How does it hold up on it? Reason I ask is like I mention from start is I want to have good stopping power for a B18 series or k20a2 engine so preping it ready engine's last thing...thanks