Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ive got two problems someone pleeease help

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ive got two problems someone pleeease help

ok i have a 92 eg and alls thats in it right now is a non vtec sohc while i save up for a new motor it used to run fne and all of a sudden it doesnt, the muffler makes a stuttering noise and when i get on the gas its a lot louder and backfires a lot and the motor struggles to get some power, its driveable jsut not very good. ive asked around with people i know and they said probably misfiring cause of oil leak into spark plug tubes so i replacedthe seals and the valve cover seals, then someone said it might be the fuel filter so i replaced it and nothing happened, one thing that ahppened when i replaced the seal is that the one of the ehad studs broke.. could that be a problem, also could it be the coil in the ignition or the fuel pump, i need help so someone please let me know

also i recently stripped the back of my car but when it rains water leaks in from somewhwere around the place where the hatch hydrolic things are that keep the window of the hatch up, so could it possibly be the seal around the window?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

highly doubtful that it's the seal in the rear of the car or the stud.
it sounds to me like a plug/plug_wires/coil/ignitor problem.

have you tried new plugs and wires?
Old 06-14-2006, 10:46 AM

Default Re: ive got two problems someone pleeease help (immrtaltchnq)

no i havent tried new plugs or wires but someone told me it might be the coil so i guess i shold try that
and the rear seal i meant might be making the water from rain leak into my car cause its coming in through the hatch window

anyone else got suggestions?
Old 06-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check timing, spark plugs, is the car smoking??
Old 06-14-2006, 12:33 PM

yeah, check the distributer, plugs, and honestly, IMO it sounds like your head gasket is on its way out hope not though, otherwise that new motor will come in handy.

my old engine did that sh#$ and it was a cracked block, i had the head gasket repaired and all that junk and it blew again 2 weeks later. so i bought a jdm d15b w/ VTEC and now i'm happy
Old 06-14-2006, 01:39 PM

Default Re: (daoshao)

the car smokes a little bit but not much after i fixed the oil leaks in the spark plug tubes and the valve cover
its not the headgasket cause im not leaking coolant and theres no oil leakin into the radiator
i know the spark plug wires are 14 years old
so im gonna replace those and the spark plugs and see what happens
if that doesnt work im takin it to a mechanic about the coil in the ignition
in the mean while im saving up/ trying tot ake out a loan for a JDM sohc vtec d15b
Old 06-14-2006, 04:34 PM

Default Re: (immrtaltchnq)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by immrtaltchnq &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the car smokes a little bit but not much after i fixed the oil leaks in the spark plug tubes and the valve cover
its not the headgasket cause im not leaking coolant and theres no oil leakin into the radiator
i know the spark plug wires are 14 years old
so im gonna replace those and the spark plugs and see what happens
if that doesnt work im takin it to a mechanic about the coil in the ignition
in the mean while im saving up/ trying tot ake out a loan for a JDM sohc vtec d15b</TD></TR></TABLE>

DAYM!! 14 years!! well i guess i cant say anything cause i'm still rocking a stock 1992 factory honda battery! sh#$ is vintage yo, i'm gonna keep the thing even after i finally replace it, haha

tyte work, scope it, its probably the cheapest, its where i got mine

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/s...30019

me and my friend both put those in our 4 doors, and even though both of us haven't gotten VTEC ECU's, we are both very happy with them. Also it looks better in person then it does in the picture. It'll cost 610 to buy it and have it shipped (without tranny), and just for your info, if you want that 5 speed tranny, good luck. me and my neigbhor called multiple times and everytime there are like 4-5 people wanting it and they are all on backorder.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:19 PM

well im aiming to get that motor
and i already have a 5 speed tranny i sjut gotta save up the money to buy it cause my parents are bein bitches about it
so i need a temporary fix
so im gonna change the plugs and plug wiresd and if that desnt work im takin it to a guy who knows his ****
not some bullshit goodyear mechanincs that said it was only an oil leak that was ******* it up
Old 06-15-2006, 12:57 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by immrtaltchnq &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">parents are bein bitches about it</TD></TR></TABLE>

i know how that crap is, big time

good luck